What’s your go to snacks on the course?

clarkgriswold

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
Title says it all. What say you?

Morning round:

Theres gotta be coffee, and if it’s a pre 9am round there needs to be many. Mostly black, Iced in the summer, hot in the fall. Usually will pack a banana or two, and most likely a couple of energy bars, and a bottle of water stuck in the bag.

Afternoon:
Ok, who am I kidding, probably another coffee. I’ll most likely carry a few different packs of sunflower seeds (chinook seedery, thanks to the seeds thread). Depending on how close to lunch I may or may not grab a hotdog at the turn. In this case I’ll usually trade in the water for Gatorade, or beer from the cart if the round is headed south. Probably still have a couple granola bars floating around as well.

i have some really bad acid reflux, so i try to keep the on course snacks very bland and nonthreatening. trail mix, or a small bag of pecans, maybe a kind bar. basically try to keep the sugar and acid down as much as possible. after the round, it’s on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rarely eat anything when playing but if I do it is usually either cheese and peanut butter crackers or some nuts. And drink a lot of water during every round.

I like to have a fried egg sandwich before playing for energy, then wheat thins or peanut butter crackers on course to keep the energy level up. Water or Gatorade to drink.

Beef sticks, almonds, water mainly. Might throw some squeaky cheese curds in the bag if its not too hot.

Clif Bar - Peanut Toffee Buzz
Roasted almonds

Bang energy drink on the way to the course, I sip it so it usually lasts me till the turn.

2 PB&Js are a must

I have a food pouch that usually has:

Sour gummies
Justin's Nut Butter single serve pack. Either PB, Almond or Cashew
Slammers. It's a shelf stable protein yogurt thingie.
Fruit bars

Will occasionally grab a turkey club sandwich at the turn, but usually I wait until after the round to eat.

might pack some almonds but generally i don't eat during a round

I really like Blue Diamond lightly salted almonds or Extra Toasty Cheez-Its. Both are good and salty. I also like to bring some San Pelligrino to drink. It has some minerals that kind of refresh as you go. If the course has it a good deli meat and wheat bread sandwich with lettuce and tomato is really good.

Clif bars and sometimes a banana. If a halfway house has homemade chocolate chip cookies, well, I'm a sucker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title says it all. What say you?

Morning round:

Theres gotta be coffee, and if it’s a pre 9am round there needs to be many. Mostly black, Iced in the summer, hot in the fall. Usually will pack a banana or two, and most likely a couple of energy bars, and a bottle of water stuck in the bag.

Afternoon:
Ok, who am I kidding, probably another coffee. I’ll most likely carry a few different packs of sunflower seeds (chinook seedery, thanks to the seeds thread). Depending on how close to lunch I may or may not grab a hotdog at the turn. In this case I’ll usually trade in the water for Gatorade, or beer from the cart if the round is headed south. Probably still have a couple granola bars floating around as well.

Always tee off between 8 and 9 am latest. I have a decent breakfast around 6:30 am and one Hot dog at the turn!
After the round, need I say it? BEER!

I have a couple snacks I will choose from. My go to snack is always honey roasted peanuts followed by a blueberry muffin or cliff/kind bar.

built bar and jerky - always jerky the built bar is a new addition and the protein keeps the energy up

Lately I've been packing some Epic Jerky bars or PowerUp High Energy Trail Mix.

However, I'm also good for packing these on course snacks and forgetting about them until the next round.

Usually a few Nature Valley bars, my problem is when I eat them all after a hole or two and am still hungry, with no snack bar in sight! I like to start the round with Gatorade I made at home using their tubs of powder, since I like it a little less sugary than how you buy it in the store. If I remember, I bring a ziplock bag or two of it so I can reload during the round. Other than that, just water to stay hydrated.

Usually a few Nature Valley bars, my problem is when I eat them all after a hole or two and am still hungry, with no snack bar in sight! I like to start the round with Gatorade I made at home using their tubs of powder, since I like it a little less sugary than how you buy it in the store. If I remember, I bring a ziplock bag or two of it so I can reload during the round. Other than that, just water to stay hydrated.

I usually cut my Gatorade 50% also in ice water.

I don't eat or snack on anything during a round of golf. Only sports drink or beer for me.

I don't know when the last time I ate anything on the course was. Just not necessary.

I usually drink around 3-5 1/2L bottles of water and sometimes, depending on the temps, a bottle of G2 or Gatorade Zero.
Have you tried the G2 or Zero Sugar Gatorade?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I enjoy it more, plus the container lasts just a little longer when I don’t follow measurements totally.

I don't know when the last time I ate anything on the course was. Just not necessary.

I usually drink around 3-5 1/2L bottles of water and sometimes, depending on the temps, a bottle of G2 or Gatorade Zero.Have you tried the G2 or Zero Sugar Gatorade?

I haven’t but should give both a try!

I enjoy it more, plus the container lasts just a little longer when I don’t follow measurements totally.

I haven’t but should give both a try!

Most definitely. All the goodness of Gatorade and far less of the unnecessary sugar.

If its an early morning round, I will always pack two 20 oz. Coke Zero bottles in the bag. I can finish two in 9 holes if I'm not careful. :| I might also grab a maple bar. :| :| :|

For other snacks, I really like the Peanut Butter Crunch Cliff Bars. Might eat 2 of those in a round.

i'm also one of those who rarely eats on the course but try to keep it simple when i do. i'll have something like a quest bar or a pbj sammie.

Coconut water, during longer days like 27 holes I have sugar free red bull. rarely drink energy drinks. Snack would be strawberries and watermelon or maybe a quest bar (birthday cake)

Back