Best Way to Cook Hot Dogs

I had no idea boiled was an acceptable answer but I guess I’ve lived a sheltered life.

Grilled is the only way to go for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put them in a covered skillet water to steam and then crisp them up uncovered. Crispy outside and juicy inside! YUMMY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charcoal grill

Spiral cut and sauteed with teriyaki sauce OR grilled over flame and plenty of char!

Grilled

Crank up the BBQ to around 800-900 degrees and cook on top rack, turning constantly. Hard to mess up cooking this way.

Grilled or Corn-Dogged!

split down the middle and grilled or pan seared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On the old Weber charcoal grill is hard to beat. I also like to take a hot dog, a piece of cheddar cheese, and roll up in crescent roll dough and bake it in the oven!

Smoked....here me out.

Grill grates a few slices of bacon. Dogs on the regular grates till bacon done (about 5-6 min). Take dogs and finish em out on the grill grates in the bacon juice.

Flat topped/Griddled and if there is a fryer available drop em in their to finish em off

Anybody tried Redneck Calamari? Quarter longways half the dog. Then get those "tentacles" nice and crispy/burnt on the grill.

Hot dog taco. Make the dog any ole way, toast a tortilla, wrap it with a slice of pepper jack, add mustard, salsa, whatever, pop in the micro to melt the cheese. Otherwise I prefer grilled.

Last edited:
Hot dog taco. Make the dog any ole way, toast a tortilla, wrap it with a slice of pepper jack, add mustard, salsa, whatever, pop in the micro to melt the cheese.

tenor.gif

Grilled unless it’s too cold, then I’ll deal with boiled

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've only done it a handful of times but the best is to cook them through at a boil to lock in the moisture and then char them quickly on the grill over high heat. Juiciest darn dogs yet with the grilled flavor and texture we all love.

Cross cut the ends and toss them on the grill till the ends separate. Nice and snappy!

Not my favorite but microwaved until they pop and get just a little tough is acceptable. Who fires up the charcoal grill for a hot dog?

Grilled, Boiled, Steamed, Flat Top? Other? Which way do you enjoy dogs done?

The answer is all of the above.

Call me boring. But, I only like my dogs boiled. I will eat them pretty much any way, but boiled is the way to go.

I prefer mine on a stick, over a campfire, next to the lake, with a cold beer in my other hand.

Back