Best Way to Cook Hot Dogs

Deep fryer - without question. Everything else is a distant second.

Grilled for me.

Grilled or in the broiler

Grilled is the only answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Slotted then grilled!! (I have a "slotdog" tool due to a thread on these forums.. Hahaha)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My vote is for grilled!

On the bbq for sure

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Grilled is the only way!

Like mine grilled. Need to get one of those slot dogs to cut back on the time I spend cutting them with a knife.

Im a cross cut guy.

way to much time for that haha.

I like grilled but not black... low heat enough time to get some markings and make them swell a bit

Another way I like them is roller. Always a good dog on the roller.

Boiled is fine, but gotta do it right or it gets rubbery

Grilled with cheese

Im a cross cut guy.

ok just looked up that tool someone mentioned..... i may have to go get one now haha

Grilled and well done, even better when sliced open to get the inside some too. I'll also eat cooked on a campfire. Can't bring myself to eat boiled.

Grilled for sure. Classic.

Boiled

Depends. When you say hotdog I drift towards bratwurst or sausage. I like those best when boiled then finished on a grill.

But the ultimate hotdog brings out the child in me and would be a not from frozen, well battered, and deep fried corndog, lol. Thankful that option isn't usually available.

Grilled all day!

Flat topped/Griddled and if there is a fryer available drop em in their to finish em off

This.... which means I'm usually eating this from a restaurant / food truck... I hate starting the grill for 3-4 hot dogs as my wife doesn't like hot dogs that much unless they're on the grill....
so at home and only cooking 1-2 its mostly from the toaster oven, turn a couple times to get that split effect... Kasper's only

Grilled and the more charred the better!

I'll either slice em up and grill em, or split them in half and cook the on the griddler. Both ways are awesome.

Grilled on charcoal or even smoked!!
I don't understand when people boil hot dogs... wouldn't all of the flavor come out of the sausages?

Back