Chicken Wings - What’s your choice?

clarkgriswold

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
Happy National Chicken Wing day, apparently that is a thing since ~1977. Your challenge, should you accept it, is your perfect 20 wing order.

Mix em up however you like, flavors, styles, restaurant, whatever you want. Is it a wing or drumstick mix or dealers choice.

Pick 20 even if you couldn’t finish them or its just your appetizer.

Given the choice I am probably going fried, half and half, Medium or Hot buffalo, and the other half honey BBQ. Blue cheese on the side

A close second would be Coal Fired w/ some basic seasoning.

Discuss.

*****just kidding, I need to think about this*****

As long as we are talking wing stop split them even mango habanero, original hot, lemon pepper. With blue cheese. Dont even offer me boneless. Side of crack fries.

Bone in wings and drums grilled/smoked with salt and pepper then tossed in Caribbean Jerk or Parmesan Garlic sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garlic parmesan FTW, throw in some BBR also.

Half fried, half grilled.

5- traditional buffalo sauce
5- spicy garlic
5- Teriyaki
5- Parmesan Garlic

All fried and all as spicy as possible. Prefer all drums but that is not madatory as long as a very high level of heat exists in them.

20 deep fried wings, with breading.

10 dry cajun with blue cheese dip
10 bold/spicy bbq with ranch dip

All drumsticks.
5 Habanero Mango
5 Spicy Garlic
10 Jammin Jalapeño

Celery and Blue Cheese in the side

Now I’m freaking starving.

10 hot buffalo, 5 garlic parmesan, 5 smoked/ grilled with a habanero bbq sauce

Can be mixed drums and flats. Deep fried.
10 hot buffalo
5 spicy garlic
5 parm garlic

Blue cheese and celery on the side.

Washed down with a few cold beers as well!!!

Oh man, I am starving now.

I will go bone in, extra crispy (prefer the flats). BBQ dry rub then mixed in Buffalo Hot and Spicy Garlic (50/50), extra wet. Blue cheese and celery. Lots of blue cheese.

Smoked and then cooked until crispy with a little char on them. Then split them into 3 sauces: (7) Barbecue Hot from Native New Yorker and (6) Caribbean Jerk and (6) Thai Curry from BWW

Dry rubbed sitting overnight. Smoked and then sauced and finished on grill. Takes more work but it is worth it for the best wings you'll eat.

i’m good for most anything except overly lemony, or jerk seasoning. favorite combo is sweet and spicy, and traditional. and i prefer a little crunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not the hot ones that I had to pay off my bet with Sox_Fan.

If I'm going with BW3, then give me hot, lemon pepper, and spicy garlic.

10 absolutely original Buffalo wings just because, the other 10 would be grilled Strawberry Habenero wings that I got at a place in Vail, CO several years ago. The waitress recommended them, but the combo just didn't sound right to me at all. She offered a sample, and man was I wrong on that one, they were great! I ended up sitting there and wolfing down a couple of orders, with plenty of beer of course, they were to hot for my friends, so I got them all! :drinks:

All fried, some sort of Cajun dry rub. Boom.

Regardless of how you do it you need to use the whole wing, when done right the tip will be caramelized, delicious.
That’s right up there with fried Bluegill tails.

Wow, there are some seriously delicious-sounding styles in here so far. I need ALL the wings!

Bone in, all flats... breaded and fried.

Half soaked in Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo sauce and half with Buffalo Wild Wings parmesan garlic sauce. Extra wet.

Give me a pile of wingstop louisiana rub bone in and I'm a VERY happy boy!

Spots to get wings:

1) Pluckers
2) Winking Lizard (Columbus, Ohio)
3) Center Court Pizza
(somewhere near bottom) Buffalo Wild Wings

Flavors:

Spicy Garlic
Mango Habenero
Hot BBQ
Hatch Pepper

I would go with fried wings in 4 combinations: honey barbecued, regular barbecue, Teriyaki and lemon pepper. Mixture of drums and flats. I am not a big fan of boneless, but I wouldn't turn them down either.

cajun dry rub

white cheddar dusted

hot bbq sauced

Back