McDonald's Sauce Policy

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Now keep in mind they often will make changes for people, but the company handbook says if you get a 10 piece, you get 2 sauces, but if you get a 20 piece, you get 3. A friend would like someone to explain that to him.

Do they still do a 6 piece? If so, how many do you get for that? Also, happy meal is a 4 piece right?

20 Pieces, 3 sauces... not enough! This isn't communist Sweden! Give me my dang sauces!

.15 sauce per nug. Got to round.

McDonalds execs are bad at math?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Admin
  • Admin
To add to this hysteria, my friend is in the car, leaving the drive thru, and opens the bag and his "20 piece" is actually 2 ten pieces and he is very angry about his lack of sauce.
He said "Im driving to their HQ and demand to know why they can't add".

Now keep in mind they often will make changes for people, but the company handbook says if you get a 10 piece, you get 2 sauces, but if you get a 20 piece, you get 3. A friend would like someone to explain that to him.

If they were good at math they wouldn't be working at McDonald's? I dunno... Some things you just can't explain.

Yeah..... I get it as basically 1 sauce bucket for ever 5 nugs, so rounding up/down on the 4/6 pieces makes sense. Going 2 for 10 also makes sense.... 3 for 20, well something doesn't add up.

To add to this hysteria, my friend is in the car, leaving the drive thru, and opens the bag and his "20 piece" is actually 2 ten pieces and he is very angry about his lack of sauce.
He said "Im driving to their HQ and demand to know why they can't add".

You know, if that happened to me and I wasn't in a hurry, I'd go in an argue it with them just to see the smoke come out of their ears.

Yeah..... I get it as basically 1 sauce bucket for ever 5 nugs, so rounding up/down on the 4/6 pieces makes sense. Going 2 for 10 also makes sense.... 3 for 20, well something doesn't add up.

If we're really trying to make sense of it, I guess we'd just say it's one packet for each 6.67 nuggets, then round from there.

Four rounds up to 6.67, six rounds up to 6.67, 12 rounds up to 13.34, and 20 rounds up to 20.01.

Like I said, some things just don't make sense.

I remember a long time ago it was cheaper to buy 5 4 pieces than it was to buy a 20 piece. So just another head scratcher from the people at McDonalds.

At McDonald's volume and prices everything is calculated down to the fraction of a penny. I am sure it has to do with the price they are selling the 20 piece at.

I just looked this up for the location close to me, a 10 piece is $4.50 and a 20 piece is $5.00.

https://www.menuwithprice.com/menu/mcdonalds/

Last edited:
mcnuggets? Are they made of saw dust?

Are 4 sauces really needed? I guess I’m a light saucer

Does a 20 piece cost as much as two 10 pieces?

If it's cheaper to buy the 20 vs. two 10s, then I think I understand it. They are giving you a price break on the 20, so they have to make it up on the sauce.

If it costs the same to buy a 20 vs two 10s, well that's on you for not buying the 10s.

And .25 per extra sauce as well. Which I don’t get. They are a multi billionaire company I think a few sauces will not cut too much into the bottom line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carry your own sauces. It's the only way to be sure you're sauced enough.

And .25 per extra sauce as well. Which I don’t get. They are a multi billionaire company I think a few sauces will not cut too much into the bottom line

Give everyone an extra sauce and we are on the verge of anarchy.

I went to McDonalds last night and got the 6 piece chicken tenders meal on their self ordering kiosk. I got 3 sauces with that. I don't think I was charged extra and they actually put 4 on my tray.

Carry your own sauces. It's the only way to be sure you're sauced enough.

Unrelated note but I recently discovered that Taco Bell bottles and sells their baja sauce in grocery stores. This is a life changer.

20 piece is a 5 sauce minimum. Sweet and Sour FTW

Back