McDonald's Sauce Policy

McNuggets or BK's 10 for $1.49?

(BK gives me all the sauces I want. And the Spicy ones are coming back too.)

To add to this hysteria, my friend is in the car, leaving the drive thru, and opens the bag and his "20 piece" is actually 2 ten pieces and he is very angry about his lack of sauce.
He said "Im driving to their HQ and demand to know why they can't add".

My question is how could anyone eat 20
Paste nuggets in one setting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McNuggets or BK's 10 for $1.49?

(BK gives me all the sauces I want. And the Spicy ones are coming back too.)

BK all day in that situation. Honestly besides breakfast sandwiches I would go BK over McDonalds. Anyone who disagrees save your hate because I don't care.

If they were good at math they wouldn't be working at McDonald's? I dunno... Some things you just can't explain.

I would say whoever set the policy (exec for a billion dollar company) is probably much better at math than you

And .25 per extra sauce as well. Which I don’t get. They are a multi billionaire company I think a few sauces will not cut too much into the bottom line

Here I go with business lessons again, yes condiments like sauce make huge difference on the bottom line. Let’s say they sell 500,000 nugget orders this month. 1 extra sauce per order is 500,000 sauces. Let’s say the sauce packs cost them 2 cents each. That’s $10000 in lost profit. If $10000 on the bottom line is no big deal to you, please remind me to never go into business with you

mcnuggets taste like franken-chicken to me... Prefer Chik Fil A anyday... but yeah, the sauce thing is insane...

Now keep in mind they often will make changes for people, but the company handbook says if you get a 10 piece, you get 2 sauces, but if you get a 20 piece, you get 3. A friend would like someone to explain that to him.

To add to this hysteria, my friend is in the car, leaving the drive thru, and opens the bag and his "20 piece" is actually 2 ten pieces and he is very angry about his lack of sauce.
He said "Im driving to their HQ and demand to know why they can't add".

Tell @mward to let it go and just eat his food

McDonald's Sauce Policy

Coworker just got back from McDonald’s. Ordered a 10 pack of nuggets, did not ask for extra sauce but got 4 packs. He used 1 and threw the other 3 away.

Coworker just got back from McDonald’s. Ordered a 10 pack of nuggets, did not ask for extra sauce but got 4 packs. He used 2 and threw the other 3 away.

Well that’s interesting

Well that’s interesting

Yeah. I saw him walking in with the McDonald bag and asked if he had nuggets. Had to explain to him why. Maybe they just don’t give an F at this one how many sauces they get. I told him if he goes back next week let me know how many he gets.

Also asked him why throw them away and not put in the work fridge? He said he’s just lazy

I would say whoever set the policy (exec for a billion dollar company) is probably much better at math than you

How do you know how good I am at math?

Here I go with business lessons again, yes condiments like sauce make huge difference on the bottom line. Let’s say they sell 500,000 nugget orders this month. 1 extra sauce per order is 500,000 sauces. Let’s say the sauce packs cost them 2 cents each. That’s $10000 in lost profit. If $10000 on the bottom line is no big deal to you, please remind me to never go into business with you

Well, since they earned $5.14B in 2018, $10k would only be 0.000195% of that, so, yeah, I'm gonna say it's no big deal.

#mathforthewin

Coworker just got back from McDonald’s. Ordered a 10 pack of nuggets, did not ask for extra sauce but got 4 packs. He used 1 and threw the other 3 away.

THAT is what I'm talkin' 'bout!

This thread made me laugh. It is a very valid question though. Do they refuse to give additional sauce or is this just a discussion on their default amount? I haven't eaten a McNugget in ages.

Everything is a vessel for sauce... i don't care if it hurts the bottom line... gimme the sauce

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It does not matter how many packets of sauce you received with your nugget order, McD's got your hard earned money and they will gladly take it from you again tomorrow, next week......

This is not new, at least since the mid-nineties the policy was one for 4 & 6 pc, two for 9 pc, and 3 for 20pc. Its simply what most people find sufficient and a policy is needed for guidance in employee training. You can have more sauce if you ask.

Corporate McDonald's does not own every restaurant. Wasted condiments are probably a bigger deal at the local franchise scale.

McDonald's Sauce Policy

A company that makes many billion let’s just say 8 million per year. Think they can afford to lose 10,000 per year to keep the customers loyal and happy

Last edited:
Listen to the chef, he is wise.

I never fight with a chef about food. I will seek professional help for my dipping technique

Apparently no franchise or QSR restaurant owners in this thread. Condiments, packaging, and all those little things that we think have little impact, really alter the bottom line of the facility. Just pay the extra for the extra you're asking.

Back