Most popular sandwiches in the USA!

PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
What day you my fellow foodies? These accurate? Pretty sure my order is waaaayyyyyyyyyy different than this.
50ab67f741dd9206d3d84b5cd341ceda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually surprised PB&J is so low on the list.

Roast beef is the best, followed by chicken, then turkey. The rest you can have.

Pb&j surprised how low it was and how high egg salad is.

rosbif au jus

turkey/ham/cheese monte cristo

my favs

On the course, I pack roast beef & cheddar or ham and swiss cheese. At home, we usually also have turkey. In a restaurant, its french dip, reuben, or pulled pork (hot sandwiches). Never, ever, anything with mayo in it.

Is a hamburger a sandwich??

I would destroy 8 of those and leave the other 7 for others to enjoy. If the chicken was fried, it would be 9 and 6.

I'd gladly eat any of them except the PBJ, egg salad, or reuben. And if I was hungry enough, the only one that's totally not an option is the egg salad.

On the course, I pack roast beef & cheddar or ham and swiss cheese. At home, we usually also have turkey. In a restaurant, its french dip, reuben, or pulled pork (hot sandwiches). Never, ever, anything with mayo in it.
Roast beef/provolone and brown mustard on the course is the bomb if that floats your goat.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My top 5:

1. Cuban
2. Club
3. Reuben
4. Bologna, cheese, lettuce, tomato, & Miracle Whip
5. Muffalata

They nailed it with the grilled cheese!

I mean, Iโ€™d eat all of these. But Iโ€™d also add in a Cuban for the Southeast and maybe a fried pork sandwich for the Midwest. But yea, I wouldnโ€™t turn down many sandwiches

Those that said Cuban sandwich know whatโ€™s up! Try a Medianoche. Itโ€™s a Cuban sandwich but with a sweet bread.

Iโ€™m also a big Rachel sandwich guy. Itโ€™s a Rueban but with coleslaw instead of sourkraut (or however you spell it)

Where is the hot dog? Did we determine if it was a sandwich or not?

Where is the hot dog? Did we determine if it was a sandwich or not?

The hamburger is not even on this list, so they have a narrow definition of the sandwich.

They nailed it with the grilled cheese!

I love grilled cheeses. We used to have this restaurant around called tom + cheese and I heard it was a variety of grilled cheeses and tomato soup. Went in and it was just grilled sandwiches. IMHO a grilled cheese can have like one other thing and that's it for it to still be called a grilled cheese. For instance, you could add tomato and call it a grilled cheese, but you cannot add turkey, bacon, and tomato and still call it a grilled cheese. That's a melt or something else. There are enough gourmet cheese and bread combos to open a restaurant that only serves grilled cheeses so there is no need to open a place and call it a grilled cheese restaurant and then serve fairly standard other sandwiches. That's false advertising and probably the reason they aren't in business anymore.

Some interesting answers in here so far. I think a โ€œhamburgerโ€ is a sandwich but thereโ€™s so many variations it doesnโ€™t even make sense to include it on this list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad grilled cheese was so high on the list!

I find it odd how there is a grilled chicken sandwich, meatball sub , and pulled pork but no burger? Not even a slider!

I enjoy a grilled cheese with tomato but it depends on the cheese and bread. Iโ€™m thinking a nice pepper jack on grilled sourdough.

I love a crispy chicken sandwich, especially a buffalo chicken sandwich with blue cheese crumbles.

Back