New Glarus Black Top last night - blugold turned me on to it. Very good and very unique. Almost like they asked a stout and an IPA to make little beer babies. Hoppy, malty, bitter, yum.

Also tried another Big Eddy Imperial in a real beer glass, again courtesy of blugold. It's pretty boozy at 9% ABV. You can smell it. A little raisiny or molasses flavored and not as much coffee flavor as some other RIS's. It's good. Better than I thought it was the other night after a pizza explosion. Still not my favorite of the style, but definitley one I'd drink again. It goes straight to the head.

Big Eddie is definitely on my short list. Found a liquor store that carries than and will be trying some this weekend finally

My favorite Imperial is probably Alesmith Speedway Stout, though they call it an American Imperial. At 12% ABV it's not one that you can have much of.

New Glarus Black Top last night - blugold turned me on to it. Very good and very unique. Almost like they asked a stout and an IPA to make little beer babies. Hoppy, malty, bitter, yum.

Also tried another Big Eddy Imperial in a real beer glass, again courtesy of blugold. It's pretty boozy at 9% ABV. You can smell it. A little raisiny or molasses flavored and not as much coffee flavor as some other RIS's. It's good. Better than I thought it was the other night after a pizza explosion. Still not my favorite of the style, but definitley one I'd drink again. It goes straight to the head.

It's like a recap post in the beer thread. I'm happy you liked them. It was my treat. That Big Eddy was sweeter than I remember. Too bad I didn't let you go home with that vanilla stout.

I admit to looking in the fridge and sighing sadly when the Vanilla was gone lol.

I admit to looking in the fridge and sighing sadly when the Vanilla was gone lol.

Weird. Because there is more sold in Appleton. And only Appleton.

We should go watch the Packers and drink beer.

Yes. Make it happen.

It would probably be fall at the earliest, but I'll see what I can figure out. It's not snowing up there in September is it?

I want to come

We need a Des Moines reunion dudes... Me and JJ were trying to do something with that

Also true!

After reading the last couple pages of this thread, there is a sad panda.

No vanilla stout.

No awesome Wisconsin golf.

Before this I had a Fosters "Premium Ale." Not premium at all and I have a superstition about wasting beer #painfultodrink. This is tasting much better.

DSC01423.jpg

I got Taylor a case of Shiner Ruby Redbird for this weekend in Branson.

Arcadia_Ales_Loch_Down_LG_4477648f9a43fcb3f80845fcc2fe8843.png

I'm ok with it

e3eve7a9.jpg

Oil Can makes everything better

evy8ebur.jpg

I think I just just got faced.

I think I just just got faced.

Did you drink more of the beer that gets you drunk? Because I have no idea what that means.

Back