What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, but since my youngest daughter has us all on a NO CARB diet I'm pretty sure whats not on the menu.
This is not so easy when your on the road.

Been a long week so we didn’t feel like cooking much or going out. So sausage sandwich and Cheetos.

Cheeseburger and fries

Grilled chicken, roasted broccoli and potatoes

Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin filets topped with an apricot/cinnamon/cayenne glaze with a cold raw cauliflower salad.

Chili Mac and Garlic Bread.

Smokies & Potato Salad..... I am excited !

Couple of 5-1/2 ounce skinless Salmon filets from Publix. Put some olive oil in a pan along with a bunch of fennel seed. Get the oil and fennel fairly hot (not quite sizzling) while sprinkling turmeric and ras-al-hanout (Moroccan seasoning) on the non-fatty side of each filet. Sauté the fish on the unseasoned side for 1 minute, flip over to seasoned side for 2 minutes then back onto first side until it’s however done you prefer.

Place the cooked Salmon on a salad with mixed greens (baby spinach, rocket, misc. “spring mix” stuff), chopped bell peppers, cranberries, slivered almonds, little bit of feta or better yet Gorgonzola. I use a little store-bought cranberry-ginger salad dressing but with the fish and some Gorgonzola the dressing is optional.

Pretty low sodium, most of the fat is fish oil and polyunsaturated, good balanced meal on one plate. Total prep time 10 minutes (because my wife makes the salad while I cook the fish).

Also good with tuna filets although I substitute wasabi powder, chili powder and a pinch of cumin for the ras-al-hanout when using tuna instead of salmon. Still use the turmeric and fennel seed either way.

MY wife made some tasty casserole with hamburger meat, macaroni, cheese and other stuff. Also had cucumber and rolls.

Pot roast.

Grilled some chicken breast marinated in a 4 pepper mix based on beer.

Was pretty darn good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ribs cole slaw and green beans

Fresh sweet corn, zucchini, and sweet chili paste marinated chicken all in the grill

Kung Pao shrimp!

Ate bar food last night. I had Buffalo chicken strips and cheese fries, and The Wife had some manner of chicken wrap and fries.

She's making beef sausage jambalaya tonight.

Tomahawk steak for me, grilled chicken breast for my wife

Tomahawk steak for me, grilled chicken breast for my wife

you took down that whole steak by yourself? impressive.

What's for Dinner?

you took down that whole steak by yourself? impressive.

Still on the grill....
It’s got 5 more degrees before it comes off to rest, and topped with garlic, and Chive butter...
But I seriously doubt I even try....

My son might get some.

Tacos.

543842a7d005f67723e1309cf004e555.jpg

Turned out fantastic!

I might try to eat the whole thing!
Ok maybe not...

543842a7d005f67723e1309cf004e555.jpg

Turned out fantastic!

I might try to eat the whole thing!
Ok maybe not...

i had cheese and crackers. you win.

i had cheese and crackers. you win.

Can a man have too much steak?
A nice Strip tonight with some homemade fries made in air fryer...

380b785537a9ac7f8fe9fd80c5fcf9a2.jpg

Again, this is probably too much food for just me...

Marinated grilled chicken breasts on the grill with red bud potatoes and fresh green peas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back