I have had New Englanders defend Dunkin to their death, so I decided I needed to try a DD here in Boston to see if it was better.

It was still on par with a 7/11 donut. I will never get the love.

give me dd over kk all day and twice on sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

give me dd over kk all day and twice on sunday

KK glazed is infinitely better than DD, but outside of that neither is fantastic.

I get how some could think KK is too sweet, but then most grocery store chains make donuts similar in style to DD... Just better.

KK glazed is infinitely better than DD, but outside of that neither is fantastic.

I get how some could think KK is too sweet, but then most grocery store chains make donuts similar in style to DD... Just better.

to be fair, i’m not a big donut person

And I love them.

Brittany asked how it was today, my response was "remarkably average, but the good news is an average donut is still delicious"

Find me on Facebook and send me a friend request so I can deny it.

Find me on Facebook and send me a friend request so I can deny it.

i’ll eat them, there’s just so many other superior breakfast foods

I have had New Englanders defend Dunkin to their death, so I decided I needed to try a DD here in Boston to see if it was better.

It was still on par with a 7/11 donut. I will never get the love.

I really don’t either. They used to be way better when the stores made their own donuts. But that was probably 30 years ago.

Specialty donuts seem to be the new trend in the city. Have had 3 new shops open in the past 6-7 months. One of them is really good. The other two just seem to be making the most ridiculous stuff so people can post it to "the 'gram".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rural America all we have is either Daylight Donuts or Paradise Donuts.

I vassssssstly prefer Paradise.

Specialty donuts seem to be the new trend in the city. Have had 3 new shops open in the past 6-7 months. One of them is really good. The other two just seem to be making the most ridiculous stuff so people can post it to "the 'gram".

I avoid those places like the plague. A donut is like a burger. The fundamentals have to right before you can slap a bunch of crap on (or in) it and try to pass it off as good. That's why I judge a donut shop by its ability to make a plain cake donut.

Holy Donuts in Maine. Everyone else is playing for second

In Cleveland Jack Frost or Brewnuts are the best local spots. But growing up with Krispy Kreme, that's always my go too. Fresh off the line they melt in your mouth.

4D79A63D-B9D2-48DC-B27B-C474AEFE0FDB.jpg

Mods...y'all might as well close this thread! Doesn't get any better than this!

That looks like a piece of apple jacks cereal that has been partially digested.

We don't need that kind of negativity! Haha!

I was hoping you might explain this thing.

Same recipe since 1939. Only one flavor...glazed! The lines to get donuts on the weekends can be more than 2 hours long!

Same recipe since 1939. Only one flavor...glazed! The lines to get donuts on the weekends can be more than 2 hours long!
I'm cool with that as long as they keep making them so long as there is a line. The shops that sell out to stay cool are the dumbest thing I've ever seen

Posted by my thumbs.

Back