Preheating the sizzle zone on the Napoleon and it’s already at 850+

Should get close to 1500 for some quick NY trip searing

27b47a99ef43f462c55bd3afc298eec7.jpg

Preheating the sizzle zone on the Napoleon and it’s already at 850+

Should get close to 1500 for some quick NY trip searing

27b47a99ef43f462c55bd3afc298eec7.jpg

So that thing doesn’t mess about huh?

So that thing doesn’t mess about huh?

It was at 1350 when I put them on. 30 seconds or so on each side gave us a great sear. Pulled steak at 140 (Morgan's preferred temp) and it was delicious.

On the sizzle zone

f1842c114c34757df9209a65ac83551d.jpg

Finished product resting before eating.

a02448508086f929a96406e1ef62f7be.jpg

Prime BBQing weekends ... what's everyone doing?

Gonna do brisket tomorrow, but today, first attempt at Chicken Wings on the BGE.

Prepped my wings and currently marinating in some Blade and Bow Bourbon and healthy amount of chopped garlic.

wings.JPG
wings.jpg

wings.jpg

In a couple hours, will drain and apply some honey BBQ rub. Plan on cooking indirect with a cherry chunk for 40 minutes, then another 5-10 minutes directly over the coals. Will toss 1/2 with Buffalo wing sauce coming off the grill, and the other half with Tiger sauce.

Tiger sauce wings on the left, Buffalo hot wings on the right. Gorging in progress.

Attachments

• wings.jpg
    wings.jpg
    644.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Brisket is on. Marinated it for 24 hours in a mix of bourbon and beef base. Then coated with yellow mustard and a generous (JB) amount of rub.

brisket.jpg

With snow and 23* outside, grilling is a no-go today. Doing sheet pan shrimp fajitas, indoors.

I’ve got a brisket on myself right now, had it on about 4 hours and got it to 160, now it’s in foil on its way to 200*. Just did a Chicago steak rub to start out with and a beef broth and Worcestershire sauce injection to change it up a bit and see how we like it..

Now foiling it with a marinade made with beer, Worcestershire, apple cider vinegar, beef base, BBQ sauce, cayenne, celery seed, seasoned salt, and olive oil. Couple more hours cooking in that...

e5579983ddd8ab4e58114f865802b63d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are mouthwatering dishes, now I am craving for some grilled food.

3895b64c933107ad6fc21bb8e6a03758.jpg

6415bddcbdb8a50da413aa911acd3fdf.jpg

RecTec 365 degrees about 15 minutes. Little difficult when you have 1 that wants no crisp, 2 that want medium crisp and 2 that want medium to extra crisp. But think I’ve got the spots on the grill figured out now.

my slow n sear 2.0 arrived yesterday. Ive got a chuck roast in the fridge waiting for saturday.

Fwiw I have had both many times and the Thunderbirds is better.

agreed.

I haven't ever had BBG in person but Chris Lilly posted the recipe online. It's alright but thunderbirds is better.

Need something to smoke/grill on the Rec Tec tomorrow. Nothing that takes all day....a good 2-4 hrs ok. Thoughts & recommendations?

Things I’ve done so far, Turkey, salmon, brisket, flank, pizza, pork tenderloin, hamburgers

Need something to smoke/grill on the Rec Tec tomorrow. Nothing that takes all day....a good 2-4 hrs ok. Thoughts & recommendations?

Things I’ve done so far, Turkey, salmon, brisket, flank, pizza, pork tenderloin, hamburgers

This is something I tried a while back and I’m actually doing one again this evening. Super easy, inexpensive, and doesn’t take much prep work or cook time. It was really solid for how easy it was.

https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/beef/sunday-supper-beef-roast

I'm doing a tri-top today. I have a local market that usually has them. If you can find one, really great cut of beef that doesn't take long on the grill or smoker.

This is something I tried a while back and I’m actually doing one again this evening. Super easy, inexpensive, and doesn’t take much prep work or cook time. It was really solid for how easy it was.

https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/beef/sunday-supper-beef-roast

I'm doing a tri-top today. I have a local market that usually has them. If you can find one, really great cut of beef that doesn't take long on the grill or smoker.

Tri Tip was one of the things I was considering tomorrow.

Tri-Tip or a Spatchcock chicken maybe?

JM

Tri tip is my favorite cut of meat! So easy to cook!

I’m smoking a 2 1/2 pound chuck roast on the Webber slow n sear tonight. First time using it and it’s taking far longer than I anticipated.

2 hours and counting temps at 147. Gotta get to 160 then wrap and cook to 190

Tri tip is my favorite cut of meat! So easy to cook!

I’m smoking a 2 1/2 pound chuck roast on the Webber slow n sear tonight. First time using it and it’s taking far longer than I anticipated.

2 hours and counting temps at 147. Gotta get to 160 then wrap and cook to 190

So how did this turn out? What did you season with? More importantly, how did you like the slow and sear?

What temperature did you run your Webber at for this? I've been running mine right around 235 and once it settles in it stays stable all day. Short ribs normal take 7-8 hours to get to 200, so your timing sounds normal.

Just served up a Boston Butt. Brined in Prague Powder 1 and spices for 24 hours, then smoked for about 6 and then finished in a roasting pan in the oven 180 overnight and 190 for the last 3-4 hours....” cooked almost 24 hours total.

With the curing brine and smoking/roasting for a pulled pork style, the finish is a wonderful hybrid of ham and pulled pork! Deeper, richer flavor than normal pulled pork, with more varied and tender texture than ham—best of both worlds

Pulled a big barky hunk off and put it on a crusty french hoagie roll with my own jalapeño bbq sauce. With a side of slaw (green cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, green pepper, mayo, honey, lime juice).
90826096511308b2c36d8e6f0654cece.jpg
272609b1a9adfafd80cbec9b0db36e12.jpg

So how did this turn out? What did you season with? More importantly, how did you like the slow and sear?

What temperature did you run your Webber at for this? I've been running mine right around 235 and once it settles in it stays stable all day. Short ribs normal take 7-8 hours to get to 200, so your timing sounds normal.

4c69d1ca55295f3371628c0afaa3cbed.jpg

945d1d470bbc642015f51e734ef15c0c.jpg

This was my first run with both the slow n sear and my thermo pro dual probe setup.

I tried to maintain a 225-250 temp zone and that proved difficult. I did use royal oak lump charcoal instead of the briquettes so that may have contributed. I also had to add coals for the last hour or two. Temps swung between 160-325.

It took me just under 5 hours for a 2.5 lb chuck roast. Flavor was excellent. Smoke ring looked really good and it had a great bark. Texture was not what I was hoping for. It was tough and chewy and did not pull apart well.

I seasoned it with my own rub, (smoked paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, celery seed and rosemary). Also added some cherry chips for smoke flavor.

I’ll try again with a tri tip. That is a much more forgiving cut of beef. I also want to try a pork tenderloin and Boston butt.

Back