BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

can't argue with personal beliefs..

in the end, more BBQ! Stuff looks great, JB.

Thanks buddy. BBQ is delicious and so many do it differently. As long as it tastes good, its all right.

c08301278f58160b5b87e7459a824997.jpg

Round 2, pork tenderloins just wemt on

What is the point of the ceramic plate on the komado's

What is the point of the ceramic plate on the komado's
Like JB said its a heat deflector, gives you indirect heat, and turn it over and you ready for the best pizza you will ever eat

I like the ceramic plate there. I always wondered how those bbq's do indirect.

I like the ceramic plate there. I always wondered how those bbq's do indirect.

Eggs and Kamado Joes use the heat deflector. Some are a solid piece and some are two splits.

Primo brand, another Kamado grill maker is an oblong shape and therefore can do even more with indirect.

Figured as much. Thanks guys.

My dad uses a big smoker, not sure of the brand with the box on the side for the wood. Cannot wait to get my own place so I can buy one for myself. something satisfying about sitting outside smoking some ribs or brisket to me

My dad uses a big smoker, not sure of the brand with the box on the side for the wood. Cannot wait to get my own place so I can buy one for myself. something satisfying about sitting outside smoking some ribs or brisket to me

You know what you are going to go with dude?
Some of them are just so good and easy to use.

I went kamado because I also wanted a pizza oven and could not afford to both without going wiht the kamado.

You know what you are going to go with dude?
Some of them are just so good and easy to use.

I went kamado because I also wanted a pizza oven and could not afford to both without going wiht the kamado.

No idea man. I have toyed with the idea of going with the kamado type but who knows. I kind of like the type my dad has the traditional smoker I guess you would call it? I know nothing will happen until I have a house and not an apartment obviously

I'm gonna be doing a brisket for tomorrow. It's marinating in its rub right now. I have a question for some of you brisket guys, do you smoke fat up or down?

I'm gonna be doing a brisket for tomorrow. It's marinating in its rub right now. I have a question for some of you brisket guys, do you smoke fat up or down?

Its a debated topic all over the place. I was taught both.
Fat cap down for 1 hour and then flipped for the rest until your internal temp hits where you want it.
Smoking low I assume?

No idea man. I have toyed with the idea of going with the kamado type but who knows. I kind of like the type my dad has the traditional smoker I guess you would call it? I know nothing will happen until I have a house and not an apartment obviously
I love my BGE but a more tradtional smoker would be nice when cooking a lot. I just like having and awesome somer and grill all in one. When i build my outdoor kitchen i will get 2 eggs :)

I do it fat up and brisket the lower and slower the better.

Its a debated topic all over the place. I was taught both.
Fat cap down for 1 hour and then flipped for the rest until your internal temp hits where you want it.
Smoking low I assume?

I do it fat up and brisket the lower and slower the better.

I was gonna do it at 200 fat up. But I may try the fat down for an hour then flip it.

I was gonna do it at 200 fat up. But I may try the fat down for an hour then flip it.

Fat up or fat down there really isn't a wrong way it's about doing it and finding what you like more. While I have a preference for how I do it I doubt I could tell a difference in a blind tasting. Good luck man have fun with it.

We are getting there

2ededd8cf21b44e4c3af694faff5b19c.jpg

I'm a 225 to 265 person but you can't go wrong

I drool over the thought of getting a Lang one day.

How many racks could fit in the Kamado Jb?

How many racks could fit in the Kamado Jb?
Depends on the size. My standard one could do 4 or so. With the additional rack put on you could get 6. The big Joe will hold even more

Depends on the size. My standard one could do 4 or so. With the additional rack put on you could get 6. The big Joe will hold even more
Did you get a rib rack? I use mine often plus it works as a v rack over a drip pan as well

The big joe and xl egg y8u can get 6 pretty easy

Back