BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Reactions: JB
Here's an oxymoronic question for everyone: What are your favourite "healthy" bbq cooks?
My smoker lives at my parents since I live in an apartment, so they are victim of all my cooking experiments. However, my dad recently was diagnosed with a need to eat healthier and big fatty slabs of pork or beef just won't do with an regularity. What do we have out there for healthier, but still tasty dishes?

I have yet to do pork loin, pork tenderloin, straight chicken breasts, etc.

Brisket is almost ready to move to the cooler to rest!

Mac Is going, and I think it’ll turn out? Hahaha! First time doing it on the smoker, probably didn’t need to do a double batch. :oops:

Brisket is almost ready to move to the cooler to rest!

Mac Is going, and I think it’ll turn out? Hahaha! First time doing it on the smoker, probably didn’t need to do a double batch. :oops:
Just warm up the leftovers in a waffle iron. You'll be fine :love:

Here's an oxymoronic question for everyone: What are your favourite "healthy" bbq cooks?
My smoker lives at my parents since I live in an apartment, so they are victim of all my cooking experiments. However, my dad recently was diagnosed with a need to eat healthier and big fatty slabs of pork or beef just won't do with an regularity. What do we have out there for healthier, but still tasty dishes?

Turkey breast, fish, shrimp will all work.

Can we get some progress pics for the smokers?

Brisket was divine.

Pork belly burnt ends though stole the show!

Brisket was divine.

Pork belly burnt ends though stole the show!
I think this is consistent with most of my experiences.
BBQ Pork > Brisket.

Fight me.

I think this is consistent with most of my experiences.
BBQ Pork > Brisket.

Fight me.
It depends. Good brisket is special. Pork, is always good.

Where are all the Kamato cooks?

i have a kamado and i’ve done long smokes on it but fire management is such a pain

71723DE6-277D-47AB-9A7E-11CBFF1709C8.jpegD46D109C-DE60-42BE-B936-1B1FE8AF9C90.jpegI posted this is the Thanksgiving thread too. The blackstone at the fire station got put to work today. Only my second time doing steak on there and it was great.

i have a kamado and i’ve done long smokes on it but fire management is such a pain
Yup. I’ve got one too, that I never use anymore because my pellet is just easier with three kids I also have to watch :LOL:

I love to do fish on there. I also do veggies, chicken, and a killer pork tenderloin that is truly fool proof. You can also do a turkey meatloaf.

Back