BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

The finished product

473e53a10aedeb91095521aa503915d3.jpg

d84bec74b5c4aba2bfaf6ba530290e4a.jpg

That mohagany colour equals money. Looks awesome man.

The brisket was really good. The ribs might have been the best I have ever had. GG outdid herself with this one.

The brisket was really good. The ribs might have been the best I have ever had. GG outdid herself with this one.

Which grilla grill do you have, the Silverback model?

Which grilla grill do you have, the Silverback model?

Yes sir. We have the Silverbac 1. They just released the 2, but I’m still partial to the 1 because I like the cart better.

That brisket got used tonight on the pizza oven for some quick naan pizzas. Tomorrow we are going to use it for nachos as well.

That brisket got used tonight on the pizza oven for some quick naan pizzas. Tomorrow we are going to use it for nachos as well.

I’m pretty sure you are single handedly pushing me to buy a smoker....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m pretty sure you are single handedly pushing me to buy a smoker....

Haha. We love it. I think its my favorite out of the outdoor kitchen stuff we have.

Haha. We love it. I think its my favorite out of the outdoor kitchen stuff we have.

Just not sure I have the amount of time it typically takes to smoke meat....

You had me at brisket pizza....

You know I didn’t think so either. But you really do find time with things. You don’t really watch it with ours. Digital gauge, check on it when necessary.

I don't want to review 85 pages of this thread but has anybody posted a 3-2-1 ribs recipe?

I don't want to review 85 pages of this thread but has anybody posted a 3-2-1 ribs recipe?

No sir, I dont think so. We dont do ours that way, but its really popular.

3-2-1 Ribs

3-2-1 Ribs

I love 3-2-1 ribs and thought I would share the method. If you are having some people over these are great. The meat is super tender and you are left with a bare white bone when you eat them. If you were entering a serious rib competition you would get laughed at but they are just awesome for everyday eating.

The 3-2-1 refers to:

3 hours uncovered on the smoker "I only cook them 2 hours uncovered"

2 hours wrapped in foil

1 hour uncovered again

This recipe works for all ribs but baby backs are my fave.

I brine my ribs but it is optional. Any simple brine is fine. Remove from brine and rinse well. Remove as much of the silver skin as you can easily get off but don't worry if some is left on. Put a light coat of yellow mustard then coat with your favorite rub. I like Famous Daves, the mustard makes it stick but you wont taste mustard after they are cooked.

Put them on the smoker at 225 for 2-3 hours. Remove from smoker and wrap in foil. Back on smoker for 2 hours. Remove foil and put them on the smoker for an hour at 275. At this point they are done, I let them rest for a short time before cutting them. They are good just like that but I will sauce a few and put the back on the smoker to make the sauce tacky.

The two hours wrapped in foil makes them fall off the bone tender. The one hour at higher temp gives them a little tug when you eat them.

Awesome badolds. Im sure some will get great use out of it.
We use the yellow mustard for our rub too. No flavor added, but causes a great stick to them.

Awesome badolds. Im sure some will get great use out of it.
We use the yellow mustard for our rub too. No flavor added, but causes a great stick to them.

Do you brine your pork or chicken?

Do you brine your pork or chicken?

Depends. Not normally, but we definitely have. Injection too.
When doing ribs, another trick is when wrapping, drizzle some butter and honey in there to really take on the sweet flavor if you enjoy that.

Depends. Not normally, but we definitely have. Injection too.
When doing ribs, another trick is when wrapping, drizzle some butter and honey in there to really take on the sweet flavor if you enjoy that.

I like to brine almost every time we cook pork or chicken but you have to be careful not to make your meat too salty. I use just enough salt to get the other flavors in the meat without the overpowering salt taste. Definitely go lighter on the rub when brining. I will have to try the butter and honey in the foil, thanks.

It’s really not that time consuming, pretty much any time you’re working from home you could have something on the smoker. Prep everything the night before, throw it on the next day at the appropriate time, and anything else you have to do until it’s done takes about 2 minutes of time. Could be wrapping something in foil or just misting something once an hour, but it’s not time consuming. A lot of stuff is basically just set it and forget it.

You need one bad!!!

It’s really not that time consuming, pretty much any time you’re working from home you could have something on the smoker. Prep everything the night before, throw it on the next day at the appropriate time, and anything else you have to do until it’s done takes about 2 minutes of time. Could be wrapping something in foil or just misting something once an hour, but it’s not time consuming. A lot of stuff is basically just set it and forget it.

You need one bad!!!

Hmmm. Well once our patio gets poured and completed maybe this will be at or near the top of my list. I sure do love smoked meats...

You need one bad!!!

I usually have a few beers while cooking on the grill. When using the smoker you had better pace yourself or you'll be too drunk to eat HAHA. The good news is you can have a nap and don't have to worry about flare ups. I love my smoker!!

Hmmm. Well once our patio gets poured and completed maybe this will be at or near the top of my list. I sure do love smoked meats...

Just imagine all the good BBQ you’ve had in the past, pulled pork or ribs or brisket, you could do it at home and it would taste just as good and be much more satisfying:)

With a good quality Pellet Smoker and a remote temp gauge to monitor meat and smoker temps, it is mostly set it and forget it. I do full packer Brisket and it is ridiculously good. The 3-2-1 ribs and chicken thighs are fairly quick and also delicious. I even have a cold smoker built into my Weber for smoking cheese.

Smoked cheese, salami and some good beer is a great snack while waiting on the meat.

With a good quality Pellet Smoker and a remote temp gauge to monitor meat and smoker temps, it is mostly set it and forget it. I do full packer Brisket and it is ridiculously good. The 3-2-1 ribs and chicken thighs are fairly quick and also delicious. I even have a cold smoker built into my Weber for smoking cheese.

Smoked cheese, salami and some good beer is a great snack while waiting on the meat.

You live in Ohio? we need to be friends

You need one bad!!!

They are right, it really is set it and forget it. It's slightly more work than using a crockpot, honestly.

Back