BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

This is the end result of me trying JB's Dr Pepper/crock pot recipe for pulled pork sandwiches. It was good and it was easy to make. I was probably a little too cautious with the dry rub, as the finished product could have used a little more oomph. We added slaw for some texture

aa4ff3f7a8c33d6f5625bae33205cae8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never fear too much rub, it just means flavor. :smile:

That crockpot recipe is so good and so easy, it was a staple in our house for a long time until we got the kamado grill.

Is the Dr Pepper crock pot recipe in here? If so, I will find it, just want to check that bad boy out.

JM

Never fear too much rub, it just means flavor.

That crockpot recipe is so good and so easy, it was a staple in our house for a long time until we got the kamado grill.
Making Crockpot Dr Pepper shredded bbq chicken this week. Can't wait to try it out. Looks super easy.

This is the end result of me trying JB's Dr Pepper/crock pot recipe for pulled pork sandwiches. It was good and it was easy to make. I was probably a little too cautious with the dry rub, as the finished product could have used a little more oomph. We added slaw for some texture

aa4ff3f7a8c33d6f5625bae33205cae8.jpg

Not bad. Definitely go heavy on the rub and let it sit on the tenderloin for several hours. Is that a tenderloin?

Yep, I want to say we did 4 lb pork tenderloin. It made 3 big sandwiches and we have leftovers for another 2-4.

Yep, I want to say we did 4 lb pork tenderloin. It made 3 big sandwiches and we have leftovers for another 2-4.

Whoa...That is a monster tenderloin. You sure it wasnt a loin? Or was it like multiple tenderloins in a pack?

It was two in a single pack.

It was two in a single pack.

Gotcha. Yeah, next time take those 2 and get a good amount of rub on them, even if you do it the night before. I think you will like the results even more.

Brisket price in Houston TX today at Kroger...$3.92 per lb. With all the talk about how high brisket prices are getting, I bought 2 of them, a 10# and a 12#.

May have to do one of them next week. Reading this thread has got me thinking it about time to fire up the smoker.

Brisket price in Houston TX today at Kroger...$3.92 per lb. With all the talk about how high brisket prices are getting, I bought 2 of them, a 10# and a 12#.

May have to do one of them next week. Reading this thread has got me thinking it about time to fire up the smoker.

Wow that's so cheap, guess that's the benefit of being in Texas. Last time I bought one it was like $7/lb...It's also hard to find whole briskets around here so I usually have to settle for just the flats.

Wow that's so cheap, guess that's the benefit of being in Texas. Last time I bought one it was like $7/lb...It's also hard to find whole briskets around here so I usually have to settle for just the flats.

The flats were $5something. Don't remember for sure. I usually never buy them.

Preparing for smoking

imagejpg1_zps8ea2f41f.jpg

done, and damn good

imagejpg2_zps410e5006.jpg

Just put 3 big racks of ribs in the egg, 220 or so for 4-5 hours then in the foil for a couple then back on the grill for the finish. rubbed them yesterday afternoon with a combo store bought and homemade extras. Should be just right at football time with resting and saucing of half of them.

4 hours in, time to pan them for a couple hours

Rubbed and ready for smoker tomorrow. Light basting of turkey breast with mustard sauce and then rub with maple bacon rub. Tomorrow it will smoke at 290 until done.

fdd1a801cc7ce3112d0e43c688466773.jpg

db339c9ccc136c7c643b2af95b9aaec9.jpg

8f0b39c9ce7b87a495b09d48c94f7344.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the after pic JB!

KellyBo whipped up some mighty fine barbeque and I had two buns full for supper tonight. Damn fine stuff!

Is the maple bacon rub just sweet or does it have some heat to it?

Is the maple bacon rub just sweet or does it have some heat to it?

Think bacon salt mixed with brown sugar with a hint of cayenne.

Might have to try to find some of that to try out..

d466127c57946dd01ebb1fd2f384f0bc.jpg

Beginning

240097ffbdb92b2dd24188c3be703fb1.jpg

End

a6d63835441eefddb5866f1d4f822f6d.jpg

Flipside

How long were they on Wardy? Were they done completely?

Back