BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Hey y’all, what’s a good slaw to go with brisket?

I rubbed a little brisket and then smoked it for one hour over pecan shells, then put it in the sous vide at 155* for 24 hrs (it’ll get done this afternoon), gonna finish it off on the charcoal grill at 275* for 2 hours tonight. Need a good slaw to go with it.

I may try one with cabbage, carrots, corn, cilantro, onion, vinegar, sugar, chili, lime... based on some recipes I read on Texas slaw. It’d be a sweet & sour tex-mex flavor.

Got any ideas of your own about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rubbed a little brisket and then smoked it for one hour over pecan shells, then put it in the sous vide at 155* for 24 hrs (it’ll get done this afternoon), gonna finish it off on the charcoal grill at 275* for 2 hours tonight. Need a good slaw to go with it.

I may try one with cabbage, carrots, corn, cilantro, onion, vinegar, sugar, chili, lime... based on some recipes I read on Texas slaw. It’d be a sweet & sour tex-mex flavor.

I made a BBQ slaw for a party, turned out well, let me see if I can find it. I know it wasn't my own.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Here it is....

https://www.atbbq.com/thesauce/video-pulled-pork-sandwich/

I didn't have the mustard and don't recall subbing anything for it, been a few months. Also instead of the plow boys I had used killer hogs for my pork and so used it the same on the slaw. I am not a huge fan of slaw but thought it was pretty good and got a few compliments on it.

Iberico ribs have arrived. Excited to try them this Weekend. Six full racks came today.

9d104e85a3a1ce4b5eb9ba6ab8f96bd4.jpg

Those are going to be amazing JB... Trying my first home-smoked pastrami on the Big Green Egg today. I've had 2 briskets in pickling/brine solution x 10 days. Going to dry them off, put on a little yellow mustard, and coat generously with ground coriander and pepper and on the smoker they'll go for the afternoon.

Excited to see how it turns out.

I like to serve fresh onion and cucumber slices with a white vinegar, salt, and sugar brine on them with brisket.

Those are going to be amazing JB... Trying my first home-smoked pastrami on the Big Green Egg today. I've had 2 briskets in pickling/brine solution x 10 days. Going to dry them off, put on a little yellow mustard, and coat generously with ground coriander and pepper and on the smoker they'll go for the afternoon.

We are nervous that they are going to be too good, such DQing us from other ribs : )

I have two 6 lb turkey breasts in the egg now, one for the Daughter and Son in law so they don't have to cook with the new baby duties and one for us for later.

I like to serve fresh onion and cucumber slices with a white vinegar, salt, and sugar brine on them with brisket.

Nice. My momma used to make this and called it “western pickles.”

We are nervous that they are going to be too good, such DQing us from other ribs : )

I happened upon some lamb ribs last year and they were so amazing I swore I'd never smoke anything else. Haven't seen them since :) I'm sure they will be amazing - my brother did a wine tasting tour of Spain and raved about their pork...

You all are the experts on grilling, I am thinking of getting one of those smokeless indoor grills. The cold weather takes away the ease of grilling here. So, any suggestions or stay away altogether?

BBQ & Smoking Food Thread

BBQ & Smoking Food Thread

I have two 6 lb turkey breasts in the egg now, one for the Daughter and Son in law so they don't have to cook with the new baby duties and one for us for later.

I've done quite a few cooks on my new BGE and man I am really enjoying it. Getting to the right temp and staying there is still somewhat of a challenge, but I try not to stress about it. I bought the Weber wireless probe system and can track both grill temp at rack level and multiple meat probe temps. Pretty cool setup. And as to indoor grills, never heard of such a thing. The wireless temp probes really reduce the amount of time you need to spend outdoors though. Just track my BBQ on my iPhone.

8715c1fb546219f6c422ccf718047eee.jpg

You all are the experts on grilling, I am thinking of getting one of those smokeless indoor grills. The cold weather takes away the ease of grilling here. So, any suggestions or stay away altogether?

If you’re gonna “grill” without fire or smoke, just use an oven or broiler or cast iron griddle. Don’t waste your $$ on a indoor grill.

The sous vide and searzall option is one to consider too.

If you’re gonna “grill” without fire or smoke, just use an oven or broiler or cast iron griddle. Don’t waste your $$ on a indoor grill.

The sous vide and searzall option is one to consider too.

Wife isn’t a fan of the oven taste, and just looking up the Searzall definitely looks out of my league. Using a blow torch is just a big homeowners claim waiting to happen.

I've done quite a few cooks on my new BGE and man I am really enjoying it. Getting to the right temp and staying there is still somewhat of a challenge, but I try not to stress about it. I bought the Weber wireless probe system and can track both grill temp at rack level and multiple meat probe temps. Pretty cool setup. And as to indoor grills, never heard of such a thing. The wireless temp probes really reduce the amount of time you need to spend outdoors though. Just track my BBQ on my iPhone.

8715c1fb546219f6c422ccf718047eee.jpg
Charge your phone bro lol

Trying my first home-smoked pastrami on the Big Green Egg today. I've had 2 briskets in pickling/brine solution x 10 days. Going to dry them off, put on a little yellow mustard, and coat generously with ground coriander and pepper and on the smoker they'll go for the afternoon.

dc6cfa67cb068ece11833adc28554173.jpg

Brisket, slaw, Texas toast, and a Moscow Mule.
eb84c40e38a38486688af58821c5c2f2.jpg

Brisket, slaw, Texas toast, and a Moscow Mule.
eb84c40e38a38486688af58821c5c2f2.jpg

That is beauty personified

That is beauty personified

Even the wife had seconds...

Love smoking brisket. This was from Thanksgiving.
e5f3867fc57c0a0aacb92e5c1f024ee5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

JB, just some good old NC pork baby backs here. Using a store bought rub (usually do my own) because it sounded so good.

b44f2202008c039fad3c46d968143036.jpg

a93c330f239871b353c51517f918dd4e.jpg

Small baby backs?

Rack of Iberico ribs just got trimmed and rubbed.

506a34be4cd6364bad612cbbb67ad121.jpg

11e689cb0f83ded085af3a89dffcf2a8.jpg

Back