BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

BBQ & Smoking Food Thread

Yes I have to get one, the only thing I don’t like about the flame boss is the wires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wires used to bother me with our old one too, I love that this one is wireless. However to get it to work with the cloud you need an iPad or something to use with it.

That’s why we are excited about the new MEATER Box, I believe that eliminates the need for the iPad and it comes with 4 probes. We preordered and It says it will ship early 2019.

The wires used to bother me with our old one too, I love that this one is wireless. However to get it to work with the cloud you need an iPad or something to use with it.

That’s why we are excited about the new MEATER Box, I believe that eliminates the need for the iPad and it comes with 4 probes. We preordered and It says it will ship early 2019.

Thank you that sounds like what I need as I want to use it from my phone. I think I will ore order now, I think I owe myself another Christmas present

Thank you that sounds like what I need as I want to use it from my phone. I think I will ore order now, I think I owe myself another Christmas present

I hope you like it as much as we do. Honestly, we have tried several meat probes and this has been the best hands down. I love that it’s all in one. No more needing a probe just for ambient temperature, the single probe has both in one and the box charges it which is also great. And when it needs to be charged it just takes a USB.

We bought a singe one from amazon to try it out and see if we liked it before buying the box and after one use we knew we wanted the box. Please let us know what you think too.

I hope you like it as much as we do. Honestly, we have tried several meat probes and this has been the best hands down. I love that it’s all in one. No more needing a probe just for ambient temperature, the single probe has both in one and the box charges it which is also great. And when it needs to be charged it just takes a USB.

I know I will love this. Thank you this is just what I have been looking for

I know I will love this. Thank you this is just what I have been looking for

My pleasure! I love sharing when something works. I wanted the Grill Eye Pro to work so badly, but unless I was super close to it, I would lose connection. The accuracy of the device is great, but the Bluetooth distance was awful.

My pleasure! I love sharing when something works. I wanted the Grill Eye Pro to work so badly, but unless I was super close to it, I would lose connection. The accuracy of the device is great, but the Bluetooth distance was awful.

The flame boss is the same way. It works well but the blue tooth range is not great

The flame boss is the same way. It works well but the blue tooth range is not great

The Bluetooth range on the meter is terrible too. But they created the MEATER plus which takes care of that in MEATER cloud which makes it so you can use it anywhere

went on the website and saw the Meater Block. Not very clear to me at least but do you need a iPhone/android device OR does it come with it's own device? To me it looks like the block is the charger and not a separate control device

Italian sausage is done and I can’t lie it’s good
b697d2d322e7257b352da27f3fa7609b.jpg

And we have wrapped.

4b223679ffc9466cf58bf6435fc11902.jpg

Hit 205 and and it’s off the grill. Now wrapped in a cooler for an hour.

ecd228742baab48948de1d8568b7d2cf.jpg

Looking good!!

Turned out really good. 10 of here and all 5 lbs gone haha

You are doing it brisket style. Nice. Attempting my 1st brisket on the pellet this week. Excited.

For those that follow and like grill info, I can say safely that we prefer the Grilla over the Traeger. Better temp control, better insulation, less cost, etc. we have them side by side and it’s not really much of a comparison.

This makes me happy not because I own one or the other but I have a friend who argues up and down with me about his traeger. (It’s a good product) however I’m wanting to buy a smoker and can’t wait to get a grilla based on everything I’ve read here and online.

went on the website and saw the Meater Block. Not very clear to me at least but do you need a iPhone/android device OR does it come with it's own device? To me it looks like the block is the charger and not a separate control device

You use an app on your smartphone or tablet. That’s what is so great, you can leave your grill and go run errands and always be able to monitor the temps of both your grill and food right from your phone or tablet.

You are doing it brisket style. Nice. Attempting my 1st brisket on the pellet this week. Excited.

Good luck! Just remember brisket is not an exact science, it’s done when it wants to be done.

Good luck! Just remember brisket is not an exact science, it’s done when it wants to be done.

Will do! Think I’m only doing the flat this time around. Only question I was pondering was to beef broth it in the foil or not.

This makes me happy not because I own one or the other but I have a friend who argues up and down with me about his traeger. (It’s a good product) however I’m wanting to buy a smoker and can’t wait to get a grilla based on everything I’ve read here and online.

Or get a Pitboss Classic for 3-400 and it’s similar to Traeger.

Will do! Think I’m only doing the flat this time around. Only question I was pondering was to beef broth it in the foil or not.

Inject to keep a flat moist.

Came out pretty darn good. A portion of the chuck roast had some fat there that was almost tendon like, so not all that appealing, but this is amazing.

b8903212a88bb9b36f056b814fb93c96.jpg

1b00fd02bc185d8d1e9baf50ba76fba0.jpg

Finger test tells all.
bdcaad325e16938ef22e9e5f838bc0f6.jpg

I cut up the turkey yesterday, and marinated the breasts in zesty italian dressing, and took the other pieces and brined them overnight in 1 tsp prague powder #1, 1 TB kosher salt, 3 TB sugar, 2 TB seasoning salt (my own secret mix), and 1 C water. It was about 5 pounds of meat in the brine. The carcass I put in the pressure cooker to make turkey soup.

For lunch today I grilled the breasts for turkey sandwiches. The brined pieces I smoked all day and we ate for dinner.

First time using the prague powder and it was a real success. So tender, juicy, and hammy! Sorry I didn’t get a pic of the legs. We ate them too fast!
a691308ad2a981af5fe9b2c0d5831025.jpg

Dang that looks really good

Did a big prime rib on the UDS today. It was good, but no money shot.
a36c0265dfa2ec1c718bf6db7ff2248b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was researching the Grilla Grills tonight they do look rather nice.

You use an app on your smartphone or tablet. That’s what is so great, you can leave your grill and go run errands and always be able to monitor the temps of both your grill and food right from your phone or tablet.

I have the multi-sensor Weber iGrill, which works great, but the bluetooth range is limited. I can't go to sleep while doing a 12 or 14 hour pulled pork for example, and have it alert me if my temp drops below the desired range. I think a cloud based version would be optimal (not that I need to see my temps while out and about, but having unlimited range is a major plus). The Weber also requires wire probes which I'm starting to question the lifespan of already and the transmitter box is not weatherproof so I have to put it in a ziplock outside if it's raining. Sounds like the 'Meater' (clever name btw) requires no box and that everything is self-contained in the probe itself - is that correct? Weber iGrill also requires a separate temp probe for grill vs. meat temps.

Thanks for sharing. This may be the upgrade I'm looking for...

Back