BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Couple of Boston Butts for pulled pork today, coming off the smoker and foiling/toweling for a couple hours before I pull.

6f4095929296fd5e9e0f64c05a42ec15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of Boston Butts for pulled pork today, coming off the smoker and foiling/toweling for a couple hours before I pull.

6f4095929296fd5e9e0f64c05a42ec15.jpg

Looks perfect

Those look great Boone.

Grill “spring” cleaning day. All Grates soaking in the tub and time for organization of pellets and to clean everything off exterior wise.

2d89b7566e082755eb38d4e3f0d2d819.gif

First cook in the barrel house smoker, 15 lb brisket. Should make good eating at Christmas diiner.
1127da2f4c286ebc3b8214612f36a764.jpg
5d4fbb73f979aa44185a588ce6751bbc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I checked out the meater and if I get one of those I am going to have to get a Grilla.
Well I guess merry Christmas to me will be in order haha.
I blame josh and Morgan 100 percent for this purchase hahah

I checked out the meater and if I get one of those I am going to have to get a Grilla.
Well I guess merry Christmas to me will be in order haha.
I blame josh and Morgan 100 percent for this purchase hahah

Make sure you get the Meater+ which has the repeater.
And if you are looking to just get into pellet grills, check out the Pit Boss Classic. Under $400, same burner and burn box as Traeger and works great.

Grill “spring” cleaning day. All Grates soaking in the tub and time for organization of pellets and to clean everything off exterior wise.

2d89b7566e082755eb38d4e3f0d2d819.gif

Just imagining being in the pool in December. Damn, I need to move. Lol

Make sure you get the Meater+ which has the repeater.
And if you are looking to just get into pellet grills, check out the Pit Boss Classic. Under $400, same burner and burn box as Traeger and works great.

Is the pit boss classic as good as the Grilla silverback? You know me if I get one I want a good one

Just imagining being in the pool in December. Damn, I need to move. Lol

Haha. Yeah it’s nice in this state this time of year. Pool is actually solar heated for those cold days

9a2284a206545deb2b04b47e841b3845.jpg

Pork be pulled

Checking out the pit boss it looks really nice for the price. I really like how is has a sliding piece in the middle so you can flame broil, would you still recommend a grill grate for this?
I think with a grill grate you could get s great sear with this?

Checking out the pit boss it looks really nice for the price. I really like how is has a sliding piece in the middle so you can flame broil, would you still recommend a grill grate for this?

You’re pretty much going to need grill grates to get any kind of excellent sear I think.

I’ve been pondering a pellet grill for a long long long time...just haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

You’re pretty much going to need grill grates to get any kind of excellent sear I think.

I’ve been pondering a pellet grill for a long long long time...just haven’t pulled the trigger yet.
This true, I don't care what traeger advertises, I can't get a great sear on it. Camp chef has a nice sear box attached to theirs, I think rec tec has a trap door you open to all of direct fire. There are too many options any more.

Wish I had done more research and was more patient.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is the pit boss classic as good as the Grilla silverback? You know me if I get one I want a good one

The Pit Boss isn’t double walled like the Grilla, so quality wont be as good but for the price with the features it has you really can’t beat it. It has more features than the Grilla, just now the double walled construction.

Think of Grillgrates as adding infrared. Dispersing heat for completely even cooking. It works ridiculously well and adds a sear in certain pellet grills. I have laser tested ours at 100* hotter than the grill surface. We reverse seared a prime NY Strip last week and they worked well.

Are they going to get to 750 plus? Nope, but 600 on a grill that gets to 500 is doable. Can add a sear box or something like it (look up NorthFire Inferno) if you choose as well.

Think of Grillgrates as adding infrared. Dispersing heat for completely even cooking. It works ridiculously well and adds a sear in certain pellet grills. I have laser tested ours at 100* hotter than the grill surface. We reverse seared a prime NY Strip last week and they worked well.

Are they going to get to 750 plus? Nope, but 600 on a grill that gets to 500 is doable. Can add a sear box or something like it (look up NorthFire Inferno) if you choose as well.

600 is fine for a seat I think
I think I have narrowed it down between Grilla and Pitboss. Like GG said the Grilla with it double walls will be better holding temp but I love the sliding piece on in the middle of the pitboss. I bet a you could do an amazing cast iron skillet steak on that.
My head is spinning from trying to decide haha

Heading to a couple of grill stores today to check out some gas models to compliment the cooking.

Want a sear station and some infrared action. Looking at Napoleon I think.

Heading to a couple of grill stores today to check out some gas models to compliment the cooking.

And a rotisserie. We need to make some rotisserized (yes I’m making up words) chicken, al pastor pork and gyro meat.

Put my 2 cents in. Look at the Saber line of infrared grills. They make a 2-3 and 4 burner and do a great job. I have the 3 burner one. I chose this over some of the other infrared type of grills because it was the easiest of them all to clean. I also have a 5 burner Lion grill, and a Rec-Tec smoker, but for me, if I want to grill something I usually go for the infrared. Easier, quicker, and better results (juicier), unless I want to smoke something.

https://www.sabergrills.com/

Put my 2 cents in. Look at the Saber line of infrared grills. They make a 2-3 and 4 burner and do a great job. I have the 3 burner one. I chose this over some of the other infrared type of grills because it was the easiest of them all to clean. I also have a 5 burner Lion grill, and a Rec-Tec smoker, but for me, if I want to grill something I usually go for the infrared. Easier, quicker, and better results (juicier), unless I want to smoke something.

https://www.sabergrills.com/

I second this. Paired with GrillGrates it goes from top notch to above notch.

BBQ & Smoking Food Thread

BBQ & Smoking Food Thread

Awesome wedgeman. We liked a few of their grills.

Saber is Char Broil I believe.. dollar for dollar it’s missing some stuff I am looking for, But glad you guys are loving yours. That’s awesome

If you want to see the craziest easy to clean infrared, check out TEC.

TEC was one of the brands I looked at. Undoubtedly one of the best on the market for tech and performance, but it was a bit pricy for me. You're right, Saber is a division of Char-Broil, separate but owned by the same. Which ever way you go, you really can't beat infrared to retain the juiciness of the meats when you grill something. Also no flare-ups plus burning something on an infrared grill is hard to do.

TEC was one of the brands I looked at. Undoubtedly one of the best on the market for tech and performance, but it was a bit pricy for me. You're right, Saber is a division of Char-Broil, separate but owned by the same. Which ever way you go, you really can't beat infrared to retain the juiciness of the meats when you grill something. Also no flare-ups plus burning something on an infrared grill is hard to do.

Thanks. Pretty excited about adding it the arsenal that is a lot of fun. A bit addicting but we use them every night.

1545c964b33cb286acb44d64a16e8887.gif

I see a BBQ restaurant in your future for GG, grill it and they will come.

Back