BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

162 temp....wrapped rest of the way.

a8f87030a929efa2704e9a0560911226.jpg

Injection.....butchers paper to wrap in TX but it’s good ole foil today.

Aaron Franklin is rolling his eyes and saying you need a crutch right now haha.

Brisket turned out great
a43229799cb1916823bcd9ec9cdf6546.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final product. Not a bad trial run on the pellet. Not a bunch I would change.

23be283fb1f889a97f29fbdac0d30d54.jpg

18f77454fd4b8e0e44e701a9327b57c5.jpg

Smoke ring is legit. Well done Nathan.

JM

Looks good Nate!

What was the moisture like? Did you enjoy?

JM

What was the moisture like? Did you enjoy?

JM

I didn’t use sauce if that says anything! I took the juice from the foil and used that to dip. I cut the slices a little too thick but still had a good finger flop to ‘em. Of course I’ll always want it more moist so will keep striving for that as I go forward.

I didn’t use sauce if that says anything! I took the juice from the foil and used that to dip. I cut the slices a little too thick but still had a good finger flop to ‘em. Of course I’ll always want it more moist so will keep striving for that as I go forward.

Sounds like an exceptional first run for sure! Congrats man!

JM

How long did it take? Mine was 5 lbs and took about 6 hours

4 lbs went 4 hrs to 165 then 2 hrs wrapped so 6 hrs as well. Went 230 till Wrap then 255 after Wrap.

I went 225 pre wrap then 275 after wrap, I was pretty happy. I also need to slice thinner. I have a meat slicer may use that next time

I went 225 pre wrap then 275 after wrap, I was pretty happy. I also need to slice thinner. I have a meat slicer may use that next time

Pretty close methods! I think the thinner you can cut it the better it probably will taste if that makes any sense. My girls wanted seconds and the wife wanted to keep the leftovers for tomorrow so count that as a solid W! Ha!

Took the Boston butt off at 190, going to let it set wrapped for an hour then pull it apart
88911a022e371f6d204de204871972d8.jpg

Pretty close methods! I think the thinner you can cut it the better it probably will taste if that makes any sense. My girls wanted seconds and the wife wanted to keep the leftovers for tomorrow so count that as a solid W! Ha!

Did you get the Rec Tec with the sear box?

Camp Chef has the sear box.

I can’t even keep my brands straight haha

I can’t even keep my brands straight haha

It gets confusing and rather crazy with how many there are.

Back