BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Hey grill and smoke MASTERS up in here! Can you give me the pros/cons in purchasing a pellet grill vs a gas grill?

Everything I hear about the pellet grills is fantastic. I grill usually 3/4 times a week, and not gonna lie, I like doing it fast on the gas grill. But it sounds like I can do my steaks, chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers like normal on the pellet grills....maybe takes a little more time? More fun on the pellet grills?

Hey grill and smoke MASTERS up in here! Can you give me the pros/cons in purchasing a pellet grill vs a gas grill?

Everything I hear about the pellet grills is fantastic. I grill usually 3/4 times a week, and not gonna lie, I like doing it fast on the gas grill. But it sounds like I can do my steaks, chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers like normal on the pellet grills....maybe takes a little more time? More fun on the pellet grills?

I LOVE my pellet grills. And now with GrillGrates, I can cook chicken, steaks, hamburgers in the same amount of time as a gas grill AND I can get the awesome sear/grill marks that aren't as easy to get with a pellet grill, but now I can with the GrillGrates.

I LOVE my pellet grills. And now with GrillGrates, I can cook chicken, steaks, hamburgers in the same amount of time as a gas grill AND I can get the awesome sear/grill marks that aren't as easy to get with a pellet grill, but now I can with the GrillGrates.

Ia it bad I read that in the voice of the old ShamWow guy?

Honestly some of the stuff you have been putting up has looked fantastic.

To me the taste is so much better from a pellet grill. It does take a little longer but it is well worth it. I actually sold my gas grill last weekend. Not that big of a difference in price if you are looking at a high end gas grill like a Weber either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really is a new obsession. I rarely turn my stove on anymore.

Mine is the instant pot. I did a big batch of pulled chicken for the week and have been bringing it for lunch.

66473b0e418998f2b7b995da7d706e77.jpg

29fe474b5bdb00710507268bbe9369fc.jpg

Did do some smoking and grilling over the weekend with my cousin.

19e6dd157b7fbdbdeac3da78065e431e.jpg

ee212cebfd932d55a2322c57a974001e.jpg

7f2bfb36165aacda7880a73a53e749b3.jpg

df38c2e3e01e684d66a927b829f263c4.jpg

Looks good!

I used my instant pot today for a casserole I am making tomorrow. I cooked the chicken in the instant pot so it was done and shredded and then will bake the casserole in the pellet grill.

To me the taste is so much better from a pellet grill. It does take a little longer but it is well worth it. I actually sold my gas grill last weekend. Not that big of a difference in price if you are looking at a high end gas grill like a Weber either.

They look super easy and the consistent temp with the wood flavor is what has me very tempted to switch. Heck, my wife can probably start grilling now on these things. I need to look into it more but really leaning on one of these.

For GG too but Rec Tec grills recommended? Has good reviews and feedback.

They look super easy and the consistent temp with the wood flavor is what has me very tempted to switch. Heck, my wife can probably start grilling now on these things. I need to look into it more but really leaning on one of these.

We have a friend who has a Rec Tec and they love it. Their built in wifi system is pretty badass.

Ia it bad I read that in the voice of the old ShamWow guy?

Honestly some of the stuff you have been putting up has looked fantastic.

But wait!!! There’s more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

I read it the same way Dean. GG really is turning into a hardcore GrillMaster!

But wait!!! There’s more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

I read it the same way Dean. GG really is turning into a hardcore GrillMaster!

lol it was totally infomercial ready.

lol it was totally infomercial ready.

She’s got me convinced I just need to order grill grates when I finally break down and buy a pellet grill.

Mine is the instant pot. I did a big batch of pulled chicken for the week and have been bringing it for lunch.

66473b0e418998f2b7b995da7d706e77.jpg

29fe474b5bdb00710507268bbe9369fc.jpg

Did do some smoking and grilling over the weekend with my cousin.

19e6dd157b7fbdbdeac3da78065e431e.jpg

ee212cebfd932d55a2322c57a974001e.jpg

7f2bfb36165aacda7880a73a53e749b3.jpg

df38c2e3e01e684d66a927b829f263c4.jpg

Hmmm.... I think we need an Instatpot thread. I love mine.

Rec Tec is a good grill according to all the reviews. I didn’t want to spend that much on my first pellet grill. The camp chef woodwind has the option to add a sear box, which is basically a gas grill to sear after you smoke it to cook quickly. That might be the best of both worlds. I think they are similarly priced.

Rec Tec is a good grill according to all the reviews. I didn’t want to spend that much on my first pellet grill. The camp chef woodwind has the option to add a sear box, which is basically a gas grill to sear after you smoke it to cook quickly. That might be the best of both worlds. I think they are similarly priced.

Buddy has 2 RecTecs, they're great.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That was the one thing missing from the pellet grill, the ability to sear. They all say you can, but you really can't. That's why I love the GrillGrates. I may sound like an infomercial (not intentional I swear), but they really work! These were cooked on GrillGrates using my pellet grill.

Untitled-3.jpg

That was the one thing missing from the pellet grill, the ability to sear. They all say you can, but you really can't. That's why I love the GrillGrates. I may sound like an infomercial (not intentional I swear), but they really work! These were cooked on GrillGrates using my pellet grill.

Untitled-3.jpg

I've been reading up on the pellet grills a bit just because I've got one of the burners starting to go on my gas grill. It's something like 10 years old, and while I can get the parts and fix it, that's less fun than buying something new. A lot of what we do is direct heat grilling, so I was wondering if that wouldn't work as well but it seems this is kind of the best of both worlds. I'd love to be able to do a bit more smoking and traditional BBQ than I can with the current setup, but I have no desire to deal with charcoal and all that comes with it.

I've been reading up on the pellet grills a bit just because I've got one of the burners starting to go on my gas grill. It's something like 10 years old, and while I can get the parts and fix it, that's less fun than buying something new. A lot of what we do is direct heat grilling, so I was wondering if that wouldn't work as well but it seems this is kind of the best of both worlds. I'd love to be able to do a bit more smoking and traditional BBQ than I can with the current setup, but I have no desire to deal with charcoal and all that comes with it.

That's my thing too, I hated heating charcoal or dealing with propane tanks. Now all I need is electricity and some pellets. Not being able to sear was a bit of a bummer for me, that's why I keep saying how much the GrillGrates were a game changer for me. I have zero stake in the game, no stock in the company, just a really happy customer.

I plan on getting some grill grates soon. Camp chef has their own for like $40. I will probably give them a try.

Made wings on the WSM last night

5114b00c9aaba69e8ee5f601791c35f1.jpg

8dc9e9256f9bfff2c4ed2da0547b5b4c.jpg

Anyone here ever smoke scallops?

im going to be cooking tri-tip on a traeger next week for the first time. Its a large traeger on its own trailer.

Any recommendations on temp and cook time?

Anyone here ever smoke scallops?

We have cooked them on the pellet grill, but they are so well done with high heat.
I did 2 minutes of low temp and high smoke and then raise the temp to high to sear both sides.

Back