BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Ok, those were delicious! I didn't have my socks knocked off from the local chicken, it was good, but I didn't taste that magical difference I kept hearing about. But the beef.....I could totally taste a difference, this was SO good! So much fresher and cleaner tasting.

Last edited:
impressive crust on those burgers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow, that sure is a Lechon, is there Filipino at home?
That's not my house, but I do have a Filipina at home.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Grilled chicken from a local farm rubbed with Meat Church pecan rub that will go into our chopped salad tonight.

e8b7e8eb394151982bda086da63ec104.jpg

The Deez Nuts Rub is fantastic

800f3504b6c782b3c5c8a4087f6aa8a8.jpg

7c305058c9f84675b155e229aa4fcbfa.jpg

Any suggestions on how to pitch this to the wife? Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about, “I got a new grill so that I can cook healthy and we all live longer!” If that doesn’t work, “I bought a $1500 grill, why don’t you go to the jewelry store?!”

First attempt using the smoker box in the dinky old 2 burner grill

Getting a little crispy/black on the bottom, going to throw on BBQ sauce and wrap in foil for the last bit
550ef2ff7c26efd50bcf06e7c18c778f.gif

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Local farm wings smoked for 1.5 hours and now will get crisped in the air fryer and covered in homemade buffalo sauce.

4356c9b0febfec00100b3149f76b226e.jpg

838ddaf895b5b9d6be93eb13a4bbc4e1.jpg

bbac775d7c685f9e6215c2bd46f21438.jpg

Finished product

83d1786722f50c069f5f6f698bae0e6b.jpg

Broke down and bought the Grilla silverbac. Hope to have it for the weekend but doubt it. Looking forward to having a grill again

Broke down and bought the Grilla silverbac. Hope to have it for the weekend but doubt it. Looking forward to having a grill again

It’s awesome. Seriously.

What is a good recommendation for some bbq knives that aren’t too expensive? I’d like to get something nice to do some easy fat trimming and easily slice brisket, cut ribs, etc. I’d like to find something better than a standard kitchen set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is a good recommendation for some bbq knives that aren’t too expensive? I’d like to get something nice to do some easy fat trimming and easily slice brisket, cut ribs, etc. I’d like to find something better than a standard kitchen set.

My personal suggestion for knives, is a bit off the wall, but they’ve worked for me. Find a restaurant supply store and buy some cheap knives there. I can’t remember the brand off hand, but they’ve got white plastic handles and they usually run about $20-$40 a knife, all the assorted shapes and sizes.

They are not going to be lifetime knives, but they’re inexpensive enough to toss out when they start to dull after a couple years. I personally don’t want to spend the effort keeping good steel in shape, so these work well, and don’t cost a fortune.

My personal suggestion for knives, is a bit off the wall, but they’ve worked for me. Find a restaurant supply store and buy some cheap knives there. I can’t remember the brand off hand, but they’ve got white plastic handles and they usually run about $20-$40 a knife, all the assorted shapes and sizes.

They are not going to be lifetime knives, but they’re inexpensive enough to toss out when they start to dull after a couple years. I personally don’t want to spend the effort keeping good steel in shape, so these work well, and don’t cost a fortune.

These are what we use for trimming as well. Orange handle, Amazon $10 or so. Aaron Franklin talked about this in his PBS thing and while we have a nice set of knives in the kitchen, these are all we use for trimming. We do have a nice long brisket knife, but slicing and other finished product tasks are done with our regular set.

Dexter

These are what we use for trimming as well. Orange handle, Amazon $10 or so. Aaron Franklin talked about this in his PBS thing and while we have a nice set of knives in the kitchen, these are all we use for trimming. We do have a nice long brisket knife, but slicing and other finished product tasks are done with our regular set.

Dexter

I'll check these options out. I live pretty close to a restaurant supply store so I might just swing in there to see them in person. It looks like they have a 10" Dexter chef's knife for $18 online. I know our normal kitchen knives aren't very sharp so finding one that helps make the fat trimming process a lot easier will help a lot. I'll dig around a bit more to see if I can find what JB was talking about too.

You'll find that a curved blade works very well trimming up stuff.

Once again I am on the charcoal bbq dreaming trend. My apartment doesn't allow solid fueled bbqs but after roasting a prime rib on just a simple weber kettle while camping this weekend, I love that flavour.

Just bought a Weber Kettle Premium 22' in green. Now I want to build this.

il_794xN.1626426588_nzxq.jpg

That's awesome!

I'll check these options out. I live pretty close to a restaurant supply store so I might just swing in there to see them in person. It looks like they have a 10" Dexter chef's knife for $18 online. I know our normal kitchen knives aren't very sharp so finding one that helps make the fat trimming process a lot easier will help a lot. I'll dig around a bit more to see if I can find what JB was talking about too.
A 7 or 9 inch filet/boning knife is the easiest to trim fat. At least for me.

Back