BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Jalepeno with cream cheese blend with salmon wrapped with bacon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1565559790.1192.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1565559790.1192.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 4
Dinner. Beer can chicken and some left over chops.

Attachments

• photo35657.jpg
    photo35657.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • photo35656.jpg
    photo35656.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • photo35658.jpg
    photo35658.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • photo35659.jpg
    photo35659.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
A little something I did in July on my green mountain grill pellet smoker with pizza oven attachment so I can do wood fired pizza! Also I like to make bread. Enjoy.

B81Smith;n8887039 said:
A little something I did in July on my green mountain grill pellet smoker with pizza oven attachment so I can do wood fired pizza! Also I like to make bread. Enjoy.

My friend, where did you get the dome to place over your stone? I love the pizza that comes off my pellet smoker, but I gotta have that dome!!

On a side note, I'll be smoking beef ribs manana, bon appetite, summer's no bummer.

Came with the pizza attachment from green mountain grill. Does do a wonderful job. I can hit about 500-700 degrees on a setting of 350-375. That stone gets HOT.

Jman;n8637898 said:
Doing three racks of baby backs for the fam today, using Meat Church on all three for the first time, The Gospel on one of them and Honey Hog on the other two.

we love Meat Church HolyCow on brisket and burgers!

need to try The Gospel

So it looks like I may (emphasis on may) be joining the pellet grill club. We’re in the process of moving to a smaller place, and I won’t have space for the grill and smoker, so those got sold, and I’m looking hard at the Pit Boss whisky barrel smoker. Should still get hot enough to cook at a high temp (I’m hoping) and be able to smoke a good bit of stuff without taking up lots of space on the patio.

Thinking ill I’ll end up with a set of grill grates as well just for the searing capability

dazeedmonds;n8892183 said:
So it looks like I may (emphasis on may) be joining the pellet grill club. We’re in the process of moving to a smaller place, and I won’t have space for the grill and smoker, so those got sold, and I’m looking hard at the Pit Boss whisky barrel smoker. Should still get hot enough to cook at a high temp (I’m hoping) and be able to smoke a good bit of stuff without taking up lots of space on the patio.

Thinking ill I’ll end up with a set of grill grates as well just for the searing capability

As much as I would like to have a "real" smoker, I have no regrets about going the pellet pooper route. My brisket, pork butt, ribs, beef ribs, mac n cheese, meatballs, bacon, and pizza have all turned out great. I can grill on it if I need to, but usually leave that cook to the gas grill. Minimal babysitting with the pellet smoker, all about the controller, and there are a lot of really good options on pellet smoker brands. Happy shopping.

Trying to decide if I'm going to finally try a brisket this weekend or not...

Jman;n8892629 said:

I am 100000% for this! Good luck and happy smoking.

Jman;n8892629 said:

Just do it, requires a lot of patience, not sure how many you're feeding, but a 5-8 lb flat should suffice. I use a simple rub of coarse black pepper, kosher salt, onion powder, garlic powder, top it off with some brown sugar, you're good to go.

Jman;n8892629 said:

It's labor day weekend. Got to do a brisket.

mbenro;n8892624 said:
As much as I would like to have a "real" smoker, I have no regrets about going the pellet pooper route. My brisket, pork butt, ribs, beef ribs, mac n cheese, meatballs, bacon, and pizza have all turned out great. I can grill on it if I need to, but usually leave that cook to the gas grill. Minimal babysitting with the pellet smoker, all about the controller, and there are a lot of really good options on pellet smoker brands. Happy shopping.

Shopping. Indeed. I’ve changed my mind again for the 800th time. :bulgy-eyes: I found out Grilla has a small smoker now. I’m thinking hard about that, still reasonably priced, and I’ve not seen anyone have a bad thing to say about Grilla.

dazeedmonds;n8894391 said:
Shopping. Indeed. I’ve changed my mind again for the 800th time. :bulgy-eyes: I found out Grilla has a small smoker now. I’m thinking hard about that, still reasonably priced, and I’ve not seen anyone have a bad thing to say about Grilla.

They have the Grilla itself, which is a unique design and small.
I just got an email from them today about a sale I think. Maybe not, I cant remember as I deleted it as I was on a conference call and cant find it now.

JB;n8894399 said:
They have the Grilla itself, which is a unique design and small.
I just got an email from them today about a sale I think. Maybe not, I cant remember as I deleted it as I was on a conference call and cant find it now.

They have a new mode called “The Chimp” it’s a tailgater, but with a built in leg stand, and should be enough surface area to cook a butt or a chicken, which is about as big as I actually need.

I still lust after the OG Grilla, it’s just so cool looking!

dazeedmonds;n8894403 said:
They have a new mode called “The Chimp” it’s a tailgater, but with a built in leg stand, and should be enough surface area to cook a butt or a chicken, which is about as big as I actually need.

I still lust after the OG Grilla, it’s just so cool looking!

You will always need more than you think. Pitboss Classic could be the ticket too.

I'll be smoking a pork butt and ribs this weekend. Haven't used my smoker in a while. Been on a no meat diet with the wife. No idea why I agreed to that. Lol. I'm ready to get a steak and some good BBQ in ma belly.

Need to get some things going this weekend. Ribs? Pork? Smoked chicken? Gotta ask the belly......

Nate you need to get that belly happy for the big tourney coming up!

chefkritter;n8900898 said:
Nate you need to get that belly happy for the big tourney coming up!

Ha-Ha, your right, chicken it is! You still going right?

mbenro;n8892624 said:

Agreed! I've got a Rectec pellet smoker and have no intentions of ever buying a 'real' smoker, stick burner.

Wings, ribs, pork butt, brisket, reverse seared filets and burgers are all fantastic. I sleep like a baby doing overnight cooks, and we feel this is one of the best purchases we've ever made

Nate;n8903224 said:
Went spatchcock chicken on the RecTec tonight. Was wonderful and will be doing again soon!

Great to see another Rectec owner here :clapp:

Back