What coffee are you drinking?

I need a cold brew I can buy in a store or gas station thats good.

Help

It's so freaking easy to make yourself, and the stuff in the stores are crazy expensive. I used to make a huge batch on Sunday and be set for the week. To strain, I used my pour-over and a couple of filters. Boom. Get a can of sweetened condensed milk if you're feeling frisky!

It's so freaking easy to make yourself, and the stuff in the stores are crazy expensive. I used to make a huge batch on Sunday and be set for the week. To strain, I used my pour-over and a couple of filters. Boom. Get a can of sweetened condensed milk if you're feeling frisky!

This.

I use a strainer lined with a paper towel. I usually keep a gallon in the fridge during the warm months.

This.

I use a strainer lined with a paper towel. I usually keep a gallon in the fridge during the warm months.

I kept it going all the time - the concentrate lasts up to 3 weeks in the fridge, though of course you'll go through it first. I used to boil water and add to the concentrate for a hot cuppa, or make iced coffee. It's amazing the difference.

I've been toying with making cold brew myself for the last 4 months, but don't really think it's worth it . I don't drink it cold, I boil hot water to mix with it, but can't find the right mixture . Doesn't seem strong enough, I feel as if I'm just drinking coffee flavored tea. I brew for 24 hrs and only use course grinds . Some batches even seem to gritty , sediment

GolferGal has the Kitchenaid Cold Brew device thing.

Community brand caramel this morning. I really don't like flavored coffee much but I am not going out at 6:00 am for coffee. Its good enough for today.

GolferGal has the Kitchenaid Cold Brew device thing.

I tried that , wasn't strong enough for my taste buds and ended up letting it soak overnight.

Some Cafe Bustelo from the old Keurig.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I absolutely love the Starbucks Verona coffee. I love strong black coffee!
a66eee98afc7ccc508129de4c0b54ff3.jpg

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

I tried that , wasn't strong enough for my taste buds and ended up letting it soak overnight.

I don't use any fancy equipment - and I don't use a coarse grind either. I use either an Italian or French roast, so the coffee is stronger to begin with. And you have to stir, stir, stir, to make sure it's all mixed in - I usually stir til I get bored, then come back in a half hour or so and stir again, usually takes 3-4 times. I have one of those porcelain pour over doohickeys, and I just filter through a coffee filter after a 14-24 hour rest on the counter, which takes care of most of the gritty bits. You do have to swap out the filter once or twice, though.

Some of the recipes I've seen say to start with a 1/2 concentrate to 1/2 water, but I tend to like coffee stronger, it's more 2/3 to 1/3 for a hot cup of coffee. It did take me awhile to get used to the lack of bitterness to cold brew. Regardless of how it's made, I like me some coffee!

What coffee are you drinking?

Weird because it makes it concentrated. If 5 to 1 or whatever is not strong enough something is amiss.

It's Sunday morning after my bike ride. Café Escape Mocha K-cup with just a dash of Bailey's.

Maxwell House, Good to the last drop!

Weird because it makes it concentrated. If 5 to 1 or whatever is not strong enough something is amiss.

I hear ya. I use 7oz of the concentrate to approximately 13 oz of hot water . Not strong enough for me . , But if I use more concentrate to less water, it's not hot enough for me

I don't use any fancy equipment - and I don't use a coarse grind either. I use either an Italian or French roast, so the coffee is stronger to begin with. And you have to stir, stir, stir, to make sure it's all mixed in - I usually stir til I get bored, then come back in a half hour or so and stir again, usually takes 3-4 times. I have one of those porcelain pour over doohickeys, and I just filter through a coffee filter after a 14-24 hour rest on the counter, which takes care of most of the gritty bits. You do have to swap out the filter once or twice, though.

Some of the recipes I've seen say to start with a 1/2 concentrate to 1/2 water, but I tend to like coffee stronger, it's more 2/3 to 1/3 for a hot cup of coffee. It did take me awhile to get used to the lack of bitterness to cold brew. Regardless of how it's made, I like me some coffee!
This is what I have now
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0759BMXFW/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1521386726&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=coffee+genie

Peace Coffee - Birchwood Blend always go back to it

I have done it all and presently use a Nespresso machine.

Nespresso Vertuoline: Intenso.

Blue Bottle Hayes Valley Espresso. I usually do espresso or cold brew. :blob:

Been going through a pound of Groundwork Lucky Jack. I recently finished off their Venice beans and those were pretty damn good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starbucks Sumatra

Back