What coffee are you drinking?

Trout coffee is fantastic.
THPer produced!

Trout coffee is fantastic.
THPer produced!

Really???? That's awesome! Happen to know where they are located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if its strong and black, I'll drink it

if its strong and black, I'll drink it

I completely agree. I don't like when coffee is acidic or bitter however. Black....strong...and absolutely zero sugar. Bleccchhhh!!!

Looks like I'll have to look "Trout " up online and possibly order some in. I don't mind paying more for really good coffee...as long as I can grind it myself. Which to me is the key...stop buying ground coffee and grind it at home. You will notice a huge difference in freshness and taste!

JB, I see you're a Keurig guy. Anything previous to the new Keurig 2.0 is fine. The 2.0 unfortunately forces its owners to only buy keurig approved and branded 2.0 cups. I bought my wife (k cup lover) a new machine for Christmas. It's called the Opus Icoffee. I've never been a real k-cup fan but this thing is pretty legit. Brews the coffee differently than a Keurig, tastes like it was made is a pot from newly ground beans, gives you 2 pods to use your own coffee if you like, the reservoir is larger, annnnnnd you can use any pod style cup in it. K cups, real cups, pods, etc..... It's truly fantastic!

I've become a coffee snob thanks to my local place Angelina's in Bristol, RI. The do pour over coffee using beans ground at time of brewing. Mose seem to come from New Harvest or Borealis which are in Pawtucket, RI. I like that each one is a little different and they describe what notes to look for. Today's coffee is from a roaster in Portland, ME and the notes said "Bubblegum and cinnamon." Some I drink black (lighter ones) and some just half and half... Haven't needed any sugar.
I've got to get some jumping Trout, been meaning to.

I've become a coffee snob thanks to my local place Angelina's in Bristol, RI. The do pour over coffee using beans ground at time of brewing. Mose seem to come from New Harvest or Borealis which are in Pawtucket, RI. I like that each one is a little different and they describe what notes to look for. Today's coffee is from a roaster in Portland, ME and the notes said "Bubblegum and cinnamon." Some I drink black (lighter ones) and some just half and half... Haven't needed any sugar.
I've got to get some jumping Trout, been meaning to.

Agreed. If you have to time factor, pour overs are the way to go vs anything else. "Bubblegum" is an interesting note. I can't say I've had anything like that yet....sounds intriguing.

Agreed. If you have to time factor, pour overs are the way to go vs anything else. "Bubblegum" is an interesting note. I can't say I've had anything like that yet....sounds intriguing.

It's not quite double bubble, but I "get" what they're saying.

I have just recently started getting into better coffees. Jumping Trout was the first and I really enjoyed it. But since we took a trip to the Big Island of Hawai, my wife has really fallen in love with Hawaiian coffees. I think we have 3 or 4 different Hawaiian coffees in the house now. Really can't blame her, as they are exceptionally good.

There's a small local roasting house about a mile from my house (https://www.lajavaroastinghouse.com/). I'm completely addicted to stopping there whenever I can on the off chance that their actually roasting (since their schedule varies).

For me, one of the things that lead to the appreciation of different beans was the purchase of an Aeropress. It's a super cheap and easy way to making a great cup of coffee.

weird name for a coffee I know, But I really like "death wish coffee" hint of black cherry and one of the only coffees I don't need cream or sugar for... plus it's ridiculously strong

What coffee are you drinking?

I know there's a what are you drinking thread, but maybe one specific to coffees? I know I try a lot of different things and usually switch out every two weeks or so. Here's what's currently in my cup…

Panama Ratibor Hartmann Natural
Roaster: Temple Coffee Roasters
Roast: Light
Notes: Stone Fruit, Sour Plum, Bourbon
Region: Chiriqui
Town: Santa Clara
Farm: Hartmann Estate
Farmer: Ratibor Hartmann
Elevation: 1750m
Variety: Catuai
Process: Natural Process

img_2157-jpg.76143

Peet's House Blend everyday!

Whatever comes from Aldi. :act-up:

Merged threads...

I use Kauai Coffee http://kauaicoffee.com/ - It's not Kona but it is so smooth. You can find it in grocery stores. Not that expensive and best of all, it's grown, harvested and sold by Americans. Rather buy coffee from U.S. Tax Payers.
Kauai Coffee’s Koloa Estate is the largest coffee farm in the United States

Kicking Horse Coffee,
454 Horsepower

A friend dropped this off last week. I was pretty skeptical, but, man.....is this nice!

It's s good change of pace from the usual DD regular. Nice earthy taste, pleasant finish

Back