What coffee are you drinking?

I buy beans from the roaster down the street from my office. Grind them for each cup in a generic Cuisinart burr mill. Pour not-quite-boiling water over the grounds in a Melitta #2 filter in a ceramic funnel.

I preheat the cup and funnel before adding the grounds and also preheat about 3/4 ounce of 2% milk (for a 9 oz. cup of coffee) in the cup immediately before brewing. I like everything hot.

50/50 Tanzanian Peaberry and Columbian. Roasted in my SR500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peanut butter oreo brewed ice coffee.

50/50 Tanzanian Peaberry and Columbian. Roasted in my SR500.

You and I must have completely opposite tastes.

My local roaster has offered probably 25 different types of beans over the last 10-15 years. Almost all of them I really like. The only three exceptions were:

Tanzania Peaberry
Kenya
Columbia

Those all seemed a bit disappointing to me when brewed at the roaster's coffeehouse and were just awful when I brewed them at home. There's also an Ethiopia they have that isn't my favorite (I can't seem to brew a satisfying cup but they can) but those were the three clear no-go beans for my taste.

The best origin beans they've ever roasted IMO were some Peruvian a few years back. They also used to have a great Sulawesi and sometimes have a Rwanda that's very good. Costa Rica, Sumatra and a few others are also reliable.

Texas Pecan

Treated myself today and used 1 of my last 3 pods of nespresso galapagos.

So worth it.

Panama Boquette - single source Finca Ruiz, when I can get it. Roast it in a West Bend Poppery popper - delightful!

I recently bought 5 pounds of green beans from Boquette that were not single source and it was junk. Awful stuff - had to trash bin it.

Dark Italian roast

STOK cold brew. I think I have a problem, I'm starting to enjoy this more than regular coffee

jdtox;n8877378 said:
STOK cold brew. I think I have a problem, I'm starting to enjoy this more than regular coffee

Quoting myself because I'm doing it again haha

San Fran Bay K-Cups French Roast.

PKorf;n8877318 said:
Dark Italian roast

This is my preference also. A nice dark roast Italian.

Right now, some Lavazza medium roast.

A cup of classic ground Torke coffee with a shot of Jamaican rum cream.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I picked up a bag of Bixby medium roast beans and made iced coffee with them the other day. I'll make regular coffee with a lot less sugar and flavored creamer tomorrow to give it a better review.

Garbage office coffee all darn day. I honestly wonder if there is any caffeine in this stuff...

I typically drink death wish coffee and Dunkin coffee. Usually with a small dose of cream.

At work it's green mountain Sumatra reserve .

At home it's kriklands, Folgers noir, or fresh ground beans if I have the time

I went 6 hrs without coffee yesterday and had an insane headache #neveragain

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back