The Red Wine Thread

PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
I looked and looked and lcouldn't find a red wine only thread. So here it is!

Here's the deal:
I like red wine. No.....I love red wine. I've done the winery tours, the tastings, the BS taking of notes and at the end of the day, I can find a $20-50 bottle of wine that I love easier than $50+

So, I wanted to start this thread for people to post PICS, PRICE, a quick REVIEW, and a general or. Simple stuff here. It can be a big winery, a famous one, a regional one, it could be a damn box of wine. If you like it or hate it....let us all know!

RULES:
Must be red wine- Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, etc etc etc. (if it's white, start your own white wine thread) lol

Hopefully UNDER $50

Give a rating: or

Post a pic of the bottle!!!
7a887d6757f1db25474e7014f1c39260.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I will certainly contribute here. I love me some red wine. Currently in the middle of a case from the WSJ wine club.

I will certainly contribute here. I love me some red wine. Currently in the middle of a case from the WSJ wine club.

I need to have a moderator edit the title. On Tapatalk it is a little wonky please!!! If you are out there....somewhere....

Wine lol

I need to have a moderator edit the title. On Tapatalk it is a little wonky please!!! If you are out there....somewhere....

Wine lol

I happen to be one of those as well. Cleaned it up a bit.

I happen to be one of those as well. Cleaned it up a bit.

Awesome!!! Thanks....much better!

I like wines of all price ranges, and dont think its a waste if you enjoy it. So I probably cant be much help here.
I relate it like the putter choice of the OP. You can get the same exact shape for less money, but choose the one that costs more because you enjoy it.

I like wines of all price ranges, and dont think its a waste if you enjoy it. So I probably cant be much help here.
I relate it like the putter choice of the OP. You can get the same exact shape for less money, but choose the one that costs more because you enjoy it.

Hmmmm never thought of it that way and now I'm wondering...lol. I'm a Scotty "honk" so that makes a lot of sense.

I also appreciate wines of all price ranges but don't think you have to buy a $40-75 bottle to really enjoy it.there are a ton of sun $25 bottles I would put in a Scotty Cameron class lol. Not a lot of sub $50 putters I could do the same.

I love red wine. I particularly like the ones from Napa Valley! Some are more expensive and some less. Price, although not unimportant, isn't the deciding factor. My taste is. Merlot's , cabernet's, Pinot noir, .... I like them all if they taste good.

Hehe.

For me.

$50 bottle of Scotch, no biggie. $30 bottle of Cab, whoa big spender.

[video=youtube_share;zXt56MB-3vc]http://youtu.be/zXt56MB-3vc[/video]

I enjoy some red wines now and then we just had a tasting of a couple of really good spanish reds all for less than $20 a bottle

They ruined Neil Diamond's song.

0fe1e8c56877b635f8b3ef17fc61ee12.jpg

The Little Penguin - Eastern Austrailia
Cabernet Sauvignon

$6.99

I don't think I've ever opened a bottle and said "this literally tastes like strong grape juice". It's fruity, but pretty smooth and the price is under where I feel it should be.

Out of 3 .......I give it

Hehe.

For me.

$50 bottle of Scotch, no biggie. $30 bottle of Cab, whoa big spender.

Unbelievable but I am the same way....ill pay good $$$ for a great bottle of scotch. Wine? Not so much. Maybe because it doesn't last as long lol.

HA!.....man I loved that song a while back....

JB may find this surprising, but Northeast Ohio (specifically Geneva) has one of the fastest growing wine regions in the country. May wanna check it out next time your in the Cleveland area!

JB may find this surprising, but Northeast Ohio (specifically Geneva) has one of the fastest growing wine regions in the country. May wanna check it out next time your in the Cleveland area!

I'll pass.

RED WINE ONLY - anti wine snobs

I'll pass.

I'm sure Mikedean441 has been...he'll tell ya it's better than expected.

this will be a dangerous thread for me.

you can go grab a terrible brand of golf clubs off the rack and play golf. you will still eventually get the ball in the hole, and play what is widely considered to be the game of golf. or you can get a custom set of pxg irons with upgraded shafts and platinum ferrules. you will still only be able to eventually hit the ball in the hole, and play what is widely considered to be the game of golf.

your $7 bottle of critter label aussie cab is still very close to be considered fine wine as it is defined by most market research (i don't know the exact number, but i think it's $15 and up).

i have had wine that is close to 4 figures per bottle, and i have had wine that is less than $10 per bottle. both got me drunk. but they are entirely different experiences.

the great thing about wine, as in golf, is that there is something for everybody. there are terrible wines that cost a lot of money, and great wines that can be had for relatively little. if you like it, then it's a good wine for you. i chased that "magical experience" with wine for many years, seeing the number of chins grow, the available notches on the belt diminish, and the money get flushed down the toilet. i still have a few wines that are very expensive that i would drink if i can afford them, but as not as much anymore.

before you scoff at people who enjoy wines above your price point, remember that the $380 shaft in your driver and the other $380 shaft in your fairway wood would be considered laughably expensive by the vast majority of golfers in the world.

Wine from Ohio? No thanks.

I like red wine. My wife like to find $20-25 bottles on sale for $12-15. I typically drink more wine in the winter months, probably because we eat more pasta.

this will be a dangerous thread for me.

you can go grab a terrible brand of golf clubs off the rack and play golf. you will still eventually get the ball in the hole, and play what is widely considered to be the game of golf. or you can get a custom set of pxg irons with upgraded shafts and platinum ferrules. you will still only be able to eventually hit the ball in the hole, and play what is widely considered to be the game of golf.

your $7 bottle of critter label aussie cab is still very close to be considered fine wine as it is defined by most market research (i don't know the exact number, but i think it's $15 and up).

i have had wine that is close to 4 figures per bottle, and i have had wine that is less than $10 per bottle. both got me drunk. but they are entirely different experiences.

the great thing about wine, as in golf, is that there is something for everybody. there are terrible wines that cost a lot of money, and great wines that can be had for relatively little. if you like it, then it's a good wine for you. i chased that "magical experience" with wine for many years, seeing the number of chins grow, the available notches on the belt diminish, and the money get flushed down the toilet. i still have a few wines that are very expensive that i would drink if i can afford them, but as not as much anymore.

before you scoff at people who enjoy wines above your price point, remember that the $380 shaft in your driver and the other $380 shaft in your fairway wood would be considered laughably expensive by the vast majority of golfers in the world.

This.....IS very true. Those shafts fit my game well. However, I wouldn't trade one of them for a $300 bottle of wine. I agree to each is their own, I just think the overall range of wines has a wheel house of $15-40. Maybe my $25 bottle or less is a little light. I'm with ya that I've had great wines that are expensive and cheap and I wouldn't buy a sub $15 wine to celebrate something. That's for damn sure lol. This is what i was hoping for. Real convo about people's opinions.

Wine from Ohio? No thanks.

I like red wine. My wife like to find $20-25 bottles on sale for $12-15. I typically drink more wine in the winter months, probably because we eat more pasta.

I've had some MI wines that aren't bad either....open ur horizons to #teamohio lol

Slightly towards the top of the agreed upon price range, but Justin Winery's 2012 and 2013 Cabs are awesome. Usually can find it for around $20 per bottle and people will think they are drinking a way more expensive one than that. Highly recommend.

Shall I adjust the price range? Say....$50 and under??

I looked and looked and lcouldn't find a red wine only thread. So here it is!

Here's the deal:
I like red wine. No.....I love red wine. But, I have a serious problem with anyone who pays over $50 for any bottle of wine. I've done the winery tours, the tastings, the BS taking of notes and at the end of the day, I can find a $10-15 bottle of wine that I love easier than I can a $50+ bottle. Not to mention....if you DONT like it you're out of more $$$ than you want to be out.

So, I wanted to start this thread for people to post PICS, PRICE, a quick REVIEW, and a general or. Simple stuff here. It can be a big winery, a famous one, a regional one, it could be a damn box of wine. If you like it or hate it....let us all know!

RULES:
Must be red wine- Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, etc etc etc. (if it's white, start your own white wine thread) lol

Must be UNDER $50 preferably less) just not more

Give a rating: or

Post a pic of the bottle!!!
7a887d6757f1db25474e7014f1c39260.jpg

Adjusted to include a wider range of tastes and still be sub $50. Really would like to have a lot of feedback here while not excluding people who enjoy the higher end...

Back