Best Spicy Chicken Sandwich

mmaynard11;n8881964 said:
Gosh its a toss up between Wendy's and Chick-fil-a for me.

Winner, winner. Something about spicy chicken.

Popeye's for me hands down. That sandwich is underrated and under the radar in the world of spicy chicken sandwiches.

Man.....love me some chick fil a sandwiches but not a huge fan of their spicy sandwich. I’ve always loved the Wendy’s version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wendy all the way with bacon. But a close second is a local place here White spot. Just the right amount of spice to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWard;n8882010 said:
Had the Popeyes one yesterday. Friggin leeeegit. Dare I say, it smoked the Chick Fil A one in terms of flavor and shear chicken size.

Its a two hander but its not just big, its delicious!!

badolds;n8882087 said:
Its a two hander but its not just big, its delicious!!

Agreed. It really was a sneaky surprise. I think a lot of it had to do with the batter on the chicken? It's just light and crispy and delightful. Guy who rang me up also recommended the sweet heat sauce but on the regular, so I may have to give that a try next time around.

Wendy’s for sure. It helps that Wendy’s fries are also the best of the group.

Wendy's!

this popeyes sangwich sounds amazing. I'm doubling down on no carbs next couple weeks before football season, but going to put this on the list for after.

Definitely Popeye's

ArmyGolf;n8882048 said:
There is only 1 correct answer.

KFC Spicy Big Crunch Club. Maximum meat. Maximum crunch. Bacon. Melted cheese. Spicy mayo that will change your life. Banned in 32 Countries.
"I'll take 2 to go please!"

DQ has a fantastic hot sauce that they use in their food. It's very similar to the KFC spicy mayo stuff. Subway's Sriracha is also similar, but a little hotter.

Chick-Fil-A, but would like to give the Popeyes a chance

Wendy's then chick fil a for sure

Btw Wendy's creamy Sriracha sauce is so damn good

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

For me, its a tie with Chic-Fil-a and wendys. Cop out answer but I mean chicfila has the spice and overall good flavor but wendys spicy chicken asiago ranch is just amazing haha. hmmmmm

Wendys for me but Ive never had popeyes

Apparently, people are lining up to get the new Popeye's chicken sandwich. I am not a big fast food person so I didn't even know this was a thing until I read an article and this thread.

GolferGal;n8882763 said:
Apparently, people are lining up to get the new Popeye's chicken sandwich. I am not a big fast food person so I didn't even know this was a thing until I read an article and this thread.

I saw something on Twitter about it, otherwise I'd have had no clue either.

GolferGal;n8882763 said:

I saw some stuff on twitter a couple days ago, then this thread lead me to read an article in the New Yorker. There is a Popeyes maybe 6 blocks from my house so I am going to check out their sandwich.

Jman;n8882775 said:
I saw something on Twitter about it, otherwise I'd have had no clue either.

mancest;n8882776 said:
I saw some stuff on twitter a couple days ago, then this thread lead me to read an article in the New Yorker. There is a Popeyes maybe 6 blocks from my house so I am going to check out their sandwich.

Ok, so I am not alone with being in the dark about this.

I vote for Wendy's - mostly due to their social media account lol

GolferGal;n8882782 said:
My wife just showed me an article about this last night. I didn't know they had a new sandwich either until then.

My Popeyes answer yesterday was based on the tried and true older version.

chick filet for me, I've never had popeyes

GolferGal;n8882782 said:

Nope not at all. I've never had Popeye's either. Can honestly say other than a few commercials I've seen I've never heard anyone even mention it

CFA is hands-down the best out there. I wouldn't be bothered if I never set foot in a KFC again for as long as I live. Popeye's chicken is good, but their spicy chicken (at least at the one here on base) is not spicy in the least. I could feed it to a baby and not get any grumbling. Wendy's is good, I guess, if there's no other food around for 20+ miles.

Back