Snacks/Food/Drink during a round of golf.

mjkladis

"CLETUS"
Reaction score
Handicap
You'll usually find a Snickers and Gatorade in my bag during any round.
What do you guys like to snack or drink on during a round of golf??

Hot Dog at the turn? A cold one after (or during) a round?

I drink water unless really hot then some gatorade. I do always have some peanut butter crackers in my bag. If close to lunch at the turn then I will grab a quick hotdog.

Typically just water while playing. Usually drink water with Propel powder mixed in before I start.

Snickerdog;n8883669 said:
I drink water unless really hot then some gatorade. I do always have some peanut butter crackers in my bag. If close to lunch at the turn then I will grab a quick hotdog.

I look forward to my home course's hotdogs at the turn. All beef Petit Jean dogs. Yum!!

I usually bring a wrap that I prepare before the round. Better for me at the turn than most of what they have at the clubhouse grill. I have a 40 oz water jug full of ice and water, refilling my cup whenever it needs it. And, a cold beer when done.

olperfesser;n8883696 said:
I usually bring a wrap that I prepare before the round. Better for me at the turn than most of what they have at the clubhouse grill. I have a 40 oz water jug full of ice and water, refilling my cup whenever it needs it. And, a cold beer when done.

Way more cost-effective than my go-to! Nice!

water on course. snack is usually some trail mix, or a bar (eg kind bar).

after the round, i like chicken salad and a coke. then switch to beer.

Always a bottle of water and/or Gatorade. I typically will have a protein bar with me, and if it's lunch time, will stop at the turn for something quick.

im not much of a "snacker" during my round of golf. If i have anything it would be some pretzels or a KIND bar (or equivalent). I mainly drink water but do enjoy a beer or two here and there. This summer and last summer ive become a bit partial to WhiteClaw. Its refreshing and equally dangerous lol.

I will partake in my share of a good golf course hotdog or chicken salad sandwich ...

Water during a round (beer if it's a scramble). Pretzels if I'm hungry.

Depends on the swing.... swing lube may be required regardless of time of day..... I keep a bag of trail mix or power bar in my bag most of time. I've really tried to stop buying snacks at the course mostly because I don't like paying $4 for a bag of peanuts.

PKorf;n8883782 said:
im not much of a "snacker" during my round of golf. If i have anything it would be some pretzels or a KIND bar (or equivalent). I mainly drink water but do enjoy a beer or two here and there. This summer and last summer ive become a bit partial to WhiteClaw. Its refreshing and equally dangerous lol.

I will partake in my share of a good golf course hotdog or chicken salad sandwich ...

The Claw is the law!!

mjkladis;n8884159 said:
The Claw is the law!!

It’s so refreshing but then you’ve had 3 in theee holes and you’re like....

“Whoa, wtf just happened lol”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly ANYTHING but chocolate. That ish has melted all over my bag before in the Georgia heat.

Beer and cocktails! Everyday...all day!

Wildcat4life am I right!

gimme another Naturday!

j_sizzle9;n8884217 said:
Beer and cocktails! Everyday...all day!

Wildcat4life am I right!

gimme another Naturday!

I’m not sure if I can play without booze and smokes. Not sure I want to find out either.

Pre round I’m a caffeine junkie like a coke or Dr Pepper. Pre round food is usually something even healthier like fried eggs, hash brown, enchiladas and eggs, breakfast sandwich, etc. During the round is Gatorade and water, maybe some more caffeine if I’m feeling like i need a lift, throw in a good hot dog at the turn, fireball when its available, and then post round its a crap shoot.

I pack trail mix and drink water. If I really want to play well, I get into the sauce! Lol

Lots of trail mix is people's bags during a round! I'd have to make my own since I am picky about trail mix.

I put an apple in the bag if we have them at the house.

I usually remember to take it back out if I don't eat it. Usually.

When walking, I drink water, and have either peanut butter crackers or granola bars in the bag.
if I'm riding, and depending who I'm playing with, it varies between waters to drink and a couple beers. To snack on still the PB crackers and granola bars.

For morning rounds I’ll have a coffee and some water and that’s about it. I’ll eat breakfast after the round. If I’m playing later in the day, I’ll grab a beer from the cart girl or at the turn with a hot dog or granola bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During the round I prefer something with a bit of protein in it. Maybe some nuts (almonds or cashews are my favorties) or maybe peanut butter sandwich, something along those lines. Pretty much only drink water during a round although occasionally I'll stop at the turn and get some (unsweet) ice tea just because I'm tired of water, water, water all day.

If it's hot and I get electrolyte depleted, tired and overheated there's nothing better than stopping off on the way home after the round for a Smoothie with stuff like blueberry, banana, Acai betty, pomegranate juice, etc.

I've been buying some Gourmet Nut - High Energy Trail Mix packets lately on Amazon and throwing them in the bag. They seem to always hit the spot.

Back