Am a Floyd fan, but not fanatic. Unfortunately, never saw them in concert

Favorites in order are:
Wish You Were Here
Dark Side
The Wall

I am a huge floyd fan as well. I never saw all four but have seen Gilmour solo at a small theater, Gilmour led Floyd back in the 80's and 90s three times and Waters twice. The last Water's tour a month ago was great and his versions of Dogs and Pigs were phenomenal. Unfortunately, it saddened me like the other Floyd shows that my chances of seeing this again is limited.

As far as albums totally agree with Meddle and Obscured, those are the two I probably can listen too the most frequently and not grow tired of. Fearlessly is a great song! Other than that Animals is another one I listen too frequently. I think I heard so much of the others on radio that it just doesn't get to me as much.

On a side note, the immersion series with Live Raving and drooling (Sheep), You Gotta be Crazy (Dogs), Shine on and DSOTM is great. It truly is a must listen to. Also there are a couple of Versions of Echoes from that tour as well that sound great.

Live at Pompeii is very good as well. Celestial voices at end of Saucerful is awesome (for lack of better word)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVlL3gwVuoA

Big fan. Fave album was the Dark Side of the Moon one. I think that was album name. The album faves for me were Money, Time, Dark Side of the Moon and others that I am forgetting. Such spur of the moment good times enjoying Floyd. Age 72.

That is my favorite Floyd song, since I have retired I listen to it every morning to get things going.

Animals is my favorite album.

I like most of their more popular albums.

I even like Atom Heart Mother.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What's your favorite album?

Not gonna lie, for some reason 'Division Bell' is the PF album I play the most. I hated that album at first...then it just grew on me.
I absolutely love that album! I know it wasn’t one of their most popular albums, but for some reason it really clicks with me. I probably listen to that one and ‘Animals’ more than anything else.

I’m still holding out hope for a 40th Anniversary ‘The Wall’ Tour, but I know I’m only dreaming. lol

I'm a huge fan of the Division Bell album. It is my favorite Pink Floyd album.

I love Pink Floyd and don't think I can name just one favorite recording. One of the greatest things about them is no matter what kind of mood your in, there is PF album to go along with it. I was living in Germany when Roger Waters played The Wall at the Wall and could have went. I had quite a few friends that did but at the time I was really fed up with Roger Waters, he just seemed like such a petty baby over David Gilmour success.

Yes, David Gilmour is a God and one of the top 5 guitarist of all time IMHO.

Pink Floyd is the only band I love more than KR!

Dark Side of the Moon is my favorite but I do enjoy the Wall and Wish you were here a lot.

They are the one band I never got to see that I wanted to.
I have also been holding out hopes for the last 20 years for a Reunion tour but it's never going to happen.

Time is one of favorite songs!

[video=youtube_share;pgXozIma-Oc]https://youtu.be/pgXozIma-Oc[/video]

The greatest rock guitar solo of all time is in the song "Money". There is no better and never will be.

i know it’s trite, but my personal fav is comfortably numb. it’s not the fastest or most technical, but gilmour’s technique adds so much texture and nuance to the song and it elevates the song. it gives me chills every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The greatest rock guitar solo of all time is in the song "Money". There is no better and never will be.

i know it’s trite, but my personal fav is comfortably numb. it’s not the fastest or most technical, but gilmour’s technique adds so much texture and nuance to the song and it elevates the song. it gives me chills every time.
Another vote for 'Comfortably Numb.' I agree that the guitar solo in 'Money' is awesome, but Gilmour went to a whole different level with 'Comfortably Numb.'

I got to see Pink Floyd live about 30 years ago at Giants stadium. If anyone has a chance to go see Brit Floyd go see them. My favorite album is Wish You Were Here.

Last edited:
I have to kindly disagree.

The solo in Dogs is all time best imo.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Most underrated album: Obscured by Clouds.

Edit: I got back in time in this same topic and see I also posted about this album last year too. Dark Side and Animals are great but Obscured by Clouds is in my top 3 from them.

I think the greatest guitar riff of all time is on Comfortably Numb.

Most underrated album: Obscured by Clouds.

Edit: I got back in time in this same topic and see I also posted about this album last year too. Dark Side and Animals are great but Obscured by Clouds is in my top 3 from them.

That's a good one. I have it on disc and should probably spin it more regularly.

Maybe it's just me...but I LOVED David Gilmour's 'On an Island' album.

I hated it at first...but now it's probably one of my all-time favorite albums. And while 'Rattle that Lock' is just a little lesser that the aforementioned, it too has grown on me.

His last two solo discs are better than his first
two

, in my opinion. DG's "There's no way out of here" is a great track though...probably among DG's finest solo moments.

Maybe it's just me...but I LOVED David Gilmour's 'On an Island' album.

I hated it at first...but now it's probably one of my all-time favorite albums.
The title track on that album is my favorite Gilmour song - - it conjures up very happy memories for me!

It's funny the more I think about it I don't have one favorite they have so many awesome songs.
Comfortably numb is right at the top of the list along with Shine on you Crazy Diamond, Wish you were here, Time and Young Lust , Astronomy Dominé and the list could go on for a long time.

[video=youtube_share;DVQ3-Xe_suY]https://youtu.be/DVQ3-Xe_suY[/video]

"You lock the door and throw away the key
There's someone in my head that's not me."

Last edited:
I think 'Wish You Were Here' is one of the top 5-10 greatest songs ever written. And it might not even be my favorite Floyd song. lol

There are so many great songs from Pink Floyd, Like others have said Obscured by Clouds, Meddle and Animals are probably the ones I enjoy the most now. I think I have just heard the others so much. Astronomy Domine from Ummgumma is a great version. And definitely get a listen on Wembley 1974 taken from DSOTM and Wish you were here Immersion sets. They are phenominal, great versions of Pre Dogs and Sheep

My favorite band of all time. Was the first band I saw Live when I was a kid. Gilmore's guitar rifts are amazing! I still follow his solo career just for that reason.

Was listening to "Time" on the way in to work this morning.
The "Dark Side of the Moon" is such an incredible album.
So "Tight" for how long ago it was released with the technology was available in the 70's vs. today.

Just an amazing album.

I'm going with my childhood friend of 54 years to see Australian Pink Floyd in August.
It's going to be his first time seeing a Pink Floyd cover band that is that close to the real thing.
Can't wait to see his reaction. He's seen them on Public Television but not live.
Not the same....

Back