Auto Racing Thread

Not super into Indy nascar or drag racing but I do high performance driving events (HPDEs) quite a bit. Nothing better than heel toe-ing into a turn. It's sad that in the not so distant future, kids won't know how to drive 3 pedals.

Bristol night race. Enough said

Pretty crazy that Hamlin was able to come back and win. I thought he was finished after pitting with the loose wheel 1 lap before a caution.

I was hoping Marty D would have held him off, but Hamlin had too much car. I also thought Chase’s car looked awesome.

BigDill;n8879682 said:
I was hoping Marty D would have held him off, but Hamlin had too much car. I also thought Chase’s car looked awesome.

I thought Chase looked good early, but others like Hamlin, Harvick, and Truex were better. Once they had issues I really thought he might snag it but he just kind of stayed around 3rd all night. Was also hoping to see the underdog story play out but Denny had the best car all night. No temper tantrums like we normally see at Bristol but it was a great race as always.

Horrific crash in F2 this morning. Prayers for the drivers, because it looked as bad as anything I've ever seen and they cut off the air and cancelled the race real quick.

Jessi Combs, who most people know from Xtreme 4x4 and Mythbusters, died in an land speed car earlier this week!

ArmyGolf;n8895762 said:
Horrific crash in F2 this morning. Prayers for the drivers, because it looked as bad as anything I've ever seen and they cut off the air and cancelled the race real quick.
One of the worst crashes I've seen in a long time. Super sad, the kid looked to be headed to F1.

Wow. Just saw the video of the crash. That was ugly. So sad to hear he passed away.

Not a huge fan of IndyCar if I’m being honest, but I’m off to Laguna Seca Sunday to watch the last race of the season. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 years yesterday since Greg Moore died at the California Speedway. He was 24. I wasn't into racing for a long time after thay.

it's still not easy to watch

Last edited:
Sad news about Laguna Seca. SCRAMP who have been managing the track since it’s inception lost the contract last week. Instead, it’s gone to a group headed by a hotelier with no track experience. First casualty is the World Superbikes who won’t be returning next year (which I’m raging about). Indy signed a 3 year deal, but what happens after that, god knows. The track is county owned. The county I either doesn’t realize, or more likely doesn’t care just how important this track is. I don’t think it fits in with the counties green aspirations nor with the surrounding 1%ers each race day. I really do fear this world class track could be numbered in days, which would be unforgivable in my eyes.

Sad news about Laguna Seca. SCRAMP who have been managing the track since it’s inception lost the contract last week. Instead, it’s gone to a group headed by a hotelier with no track experience. First casualty is the World Superbikes who won’t be returning next year (which I’m raging about). Indy signed a 3 year deal, but what happens after that, god knows. The track is county owned. The county I either doesn’t realize, or more likely doesn’t care just how important this track is. I don’t think it fits in with the counties green aspirations nor with the surrounding 1%ers each race day. I really do fear this world class track could be numbered in days, which would be unforgivable in my eyes.

shameful

Last F1 race of the year. Battle for p3 in the drivers standings. Who’s up and watching with me?

Florida swing coming up next on the menu.... Supers, Mods and Midgets maybe. Starting the season out in style. Going to hit Eastbay, Bubba, All-tech, and Volusia.
then a long year of firing up the motorhome and hitting the local and some long distance races. I can't wait.

Hey everyone, I'm getting excited about this year and all the racing. IMSA is looking pretty good with the new C8.R Corvette, Mazda is looking to bring the heat in DPi (prototype) which I wonder if they'll be able to keep the momentum from last years 3 wins. NHRA is always a riot, and IndyCar is going to be interesting with the new "aeroscreen". And for full disclosure I work for Chevy Racing so I'm somewhat biased.

Man I miss waking up to some F1 during breakfast and NASCAR in the afternoon. Daytona is approaching but F1 seems miles away still. I’m ready for 2020 boys!!

F1 has left me behind. very boring races, hybrid engines. Mercedes for years.............snoozer. now back in the day pre diffuser days, i am all in. Senna, Prost, Schumacher. Irivne.

Those looked like awesome seats. I've gone the last 2 years but I was working. Well, I was driving Chairman's Suite guests of the track owner in 6 seater golf carts. Get to see some really cool behind the scenes stuff, go up in the tower, and go to the concerts all while making a little extra cash. I want to go one year though and actually sit and watch the races.

F1 has left me behind. very boring races, hybrid engines. Mercedes for years.............snoozer. now back in the day pre diffuser days, i am all in. Senna, Prost, Schumacher. Irivne.

The Schumacher years were the worst for F1. Eddie Irvine talked a good game, but was never actually allowed to race against Schumacher, same as Barrichello. I’m no Hamilton fan, but at least he has beaten his (decent) team mates fair and square on the track.
I do agree F1 isn’t the most exciting sport at the moment. I’m hoping the big changes in 2021 actually do what they are supposed to do.

Back