Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billiards

Collapse

Below Nav Bar Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by The Milk Man View Post
    Hardtimes is one of the few rooms, I wished to visit but never have had the chance.

    Have you ever made it Louisville for the Derby City Classic? If not you should it is heaven for pool nuts ,Action 24-7. The first year that Dennis Orcullo came to the US. I drew him in the 2nd round of the 9 Ball tournament. Had him down 1- 0 race to 7 before he put a 6 pack on me Had a chance to get to 2 but I dodged a 7 ball.

    I have plenty of good stories from the Derby. One with Earl that I will post sometime.

    I haven't picked a cue in 3 years since the pool hall in my hometown closed but I don't miss it from time. Town I live in now has nothing but bar boxes. My game of choice is one hole no better game IMO. With no big tables makes it hard to play one hole.

    Nothing beats being in the grease firing at your hole with the money on the light

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I hear ya. Nah the farthest I've ever traveled to play was Arizona or Vegas. I miss the action quite a bit. I just don't miss the late hours. Hard to be successful in my job field when I'm hanging out in pool halls til 2-3am every night.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    TS2 8.5*, HZRDUS Smoke 60g 6.5 shaft
    Speedback 3w 14.5, GD Tour AD BB 7X shaft
    915F 5W, Matrix 70Q4 X shaft
    U85 23*, GD Tour AD UT 95X shaft
    Z565 5-PW, PX LZ 6.5 Shafts
    RTX3 Tour Raw 50, 56, 60, Tour 130x
    Fastback, SuperStroke pistol 2.0
    Handcrafted Experience 2016 with
    and THP
    THP Regional Rivalry: SoCal vs Norcal 2017
    2018 with THP,
    and Jamie Sadlowski

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by The Milk Man View Post
      Hardtimes is one of the few rooms, I wished to visit but never have had the chance.

      Have you ever made it Louisville for the Derby City Classic? If not you should it is heaven for pool nuts ,Action 24-7. The first year that Dennis Orcullo came to the US. I drew him in the 2nd round of the 9 Ball tournament. Had him down 1- 0 race to 7 before he put a 6 pack on me Had a chance to get to 2 but I dodged a 7 ball.

      I have plenty of good stories from the Derby. One with Earl that I will post sometime.

      I haven't picked a cue in 3 years since the pool hall in my hometown closed but I don't miss it from time. Town I live in now has nothing but bar boxes. My game of choice is one hole no better game IMO. With no big tables makes it hard to play one hole.

      Nothing beats being in the grease firing at your hole with the money on the light

      Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      This is the kid I used to draw constantly in local tournaments. I'd put a couple games on him, make a mistake and never see a clear shot for the rest of the match. It was either he'd run out, or I'd be in serious jail. He was famous for that. Louis Ulrich is actually from San Diego and used to cause quite a stir in the local pool halls. One hell of a player. He quit playing a few years ago.
      Last edited by kevin81002; 12-14-2018, 06:15 PM.
      TS2 8.5*, HZRDUS Smoke 60g 6.5 shaft
      Speedback 3w 14.5, GD Tour AD BB 7X shaft
      915F 5W, Matrix 70Q4 X shaft
      U85 23*, GD Tour AD UT 95X shaft
      Z565 5-PW, PX LZ 6.5 Shafts
      RTX3 Tour Raw 50, 56, 60, Tour 130x
      Fastback, SuperStroke pistol 2.0
      Handcrafted Experience 2016 with
      and THP
      THP Regional Rivalry: SoCal vs Norcal 2017
      2018 with THP,
      and Jamie Sadlowski

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by kevin81002 View Post
        This is the kid I used to draw constantly in local tournaments. I'd put a couple games on him, make a mistake and never see a clear shot for the rest of the match. It was either he'd run out, or I'd be in serious jail. He was famous for that. Louis Ulrich is actually from San Diego and used to cause quite a stir in the local pool halls. One hell of a player. He quit playing a few years ago.
        Yea Louis played jam up for sure. Never had the pleasure of playing him but sweated some matches he was in. If I recall correctly he had a brother Josh that played pretty good. Seems one of them had a wife or girlfriend at that time named Sunny that played sporty as well.
        Driver M2 10.5° Evo Speeder 661x
        Fwy wood
        M1 15° Tour AD BB 8x
        Hybrid
        M1 21° turned down to 19.5° Atmos 9x
        Irons 716 CB 4-7 716 MB 8-PW modus 3 120 x
        Wedges
        Vokey SM7 52 F grind, SM7 56° S Grind, SM6 60° M Grind wedge
        Putter Red X

        Proud member Team OHIO #THPRegionalRivalry

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by kevin81002 View Post
          Some do change cues or shafts for certain games. Games like 1 pocket or 14-1 (straight pool) or snooker that require a little more touch, they'll use a little lighter cue with a softer, thinner tip that gives them a little more feel. I never really did, but most of my time was spent playing 9 ball cash games or tournaments. 1 Pocket and 14-1 are games I really loved playing because they were so strategic. But most weren't willing to play because they can take forever and a day. There are also guys that will carry multiple cues and switch if they're not shooting well. Kind of like choosing to hit a knockdown pw rather than a full gap wedge because you're just not feeling comfortable with the gap wedge that day for some reason.
          Thank you for the reply, I learned something :)
          Driver: Ping G400 LST Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6S
          Fairway metals: Cleveland Launcher HB 15* Miyazaki C.Kua 5S
          Hybrid: Cleveland Launcher HB 19* Miyazaki C.Kua 6S
          Irons: Ping G700 4-SW Project X LZ 5.5
          Wedge: Ping G400 58* LW Project X LZ 5.5
          Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 w/ putter grip

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by The Milk Man View Post
            Yea Louis played jam up for sure. Never had the pleasure of playing him but sweated some matches he was in. If I recall correctly he had a brother Josh that played pretty good. Seems one of them had a wife or girlfriend at that time named Sunny that played sporty as well.
            Yeah Josh was pretty good as well. Big sum bish too. We all used to hang out at a pool hall in Temecula, Ca for a couple years. I lost a bet once to Josh. I didn't think he could bench press the end of a 9' Olhausen... I was wrong. lol

            Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
            TS2 8.5*, HZRDUS Smoke 60g 6.5 shaft
            Speedback 3w 14.5, GD Tour AD BB 7X shaft
            915F 5W, Matrix 70Q4 X shaft
            U85 23*, GD Tour AD UT 95X shaft
            Z565 5-PW, PX LZ 6.5 Shafts
            RTX3 Tour Raw 50, 56, 60, Tour 130x
            Fastback, SuperStroke pistol 2.0
            Handcrafted Experience 2016 with
            and THP
            THP Regional Rivalry: SoCal vs Norcal 2017
            2018 with THP,
            and Jamie Sadlowski

            Comment


            • #66
              Louis got married well after I quit playing. I haven't really kept up with him or Josh much since then. But my buddy Scott still talks to him alot. I know he doesn't really play anymore, and he sells and funds real estate down in San Diego. That's pretty much it.

              Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
              TS2 8.5*, HZRDUS Smoke 60g 6.5 shaft
              Speedback 3w 14.5, GD Tour AD BB 7X shaft
              915F 5W, Matrix 70Q4 X shaft
              U85 23*, GD Tour AD UT 95X shaft
              Z565 5-PW, PX LZ 6.5 Shafts
              RTX3 Tour Raw 50, 56, 60, Tour 130x
              Fastback, SuperStroke pistol 2.0
              Handcrafted Experience 2016 with
              and THP
              THP Regional Rivalry: SoCal vs Norcal 2017
              2018 with THP,
              and Jamie Sadlowski

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by The Milk Man View Post
                Yea Louis played jam up for sure. Never had the pleasure of playing him but sweated some matches he was in. If I recall correctly he had a brother Josh that played pretty good. Seems one of them had a wife or girlfriend at that time named Sunny that played sporty as well.
                Talked to my buddy Scott last night. Josh was the one dating Sunny. He did end up marrying her... but it lasted like a week.
                TS2 8.5*, HZRDUS Smoke 60g 6.5 shaft
                Speedback 3w 14.5, GD Tour AD BB 7X shaft
                915F 5W, Matrix 70Q4 X shaft
                U85 23*, GD Tour AD UT 95X shaft
                Z565 5-PW, PX LZ 6.5 Shafts
                RTX3 Tour Raw 50, 56, 60, Tour 130x
                Fastback, SuperStroke pistol 2.0
                Handcrafted Experience 2016 with
                and THP
                THP Regional Rivalry: SoCal vs Norcal 2017
                2018 with THP,
                and Jamie Sadlowski

                Comment


                • #68
                  Picked this up today. Simple, but man it hits good!



                  Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  TS2 8.5*, HZRDUS Smoke 60g 6.5 shaft
                  Speedback 3w 14.5, GD Tour AD BB 7X shaft
                  915F 5W, Matrix 70Q4 X shaft
                  U85 23*, GD Tour AD UT 95X shaft
                  Z565 5-PW, PX LZ 6.5 Shafts
                  RTX3 Tour Raw 50, 56, 60, Tour 130x
                  Fastback, SuperStroke pistol 2.0
                  Handcrafted Experience 2016 with
                  and THP
                  THP Regional Rivalry: SoCal vs Norcal 2017
                  2018 with THP,
                  and Jamie Sadlowski

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    My son works in a military town, naturally he is playing pool for the first time and loves it. It is interesting to hear the comparisons he comes up with similar to golf. Such as you can't rush your next shot but you do need to plan for the next shot ahead, create a solid base to play off of, it's an individual or team sport, kind of a cult like sport, you have to be mentally tough, you can over think it, etc. I am sure there are more.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Nice to see some fellow pool lovers here! I mostly play 8 and 9 ball. Wouldn’t say I’m all that great but I can run a rack here and there =D

                      I have a 9’ Diamond table that I still like to play on a couple hours on the weekends but golf has now taken over as my main obsession haha
                      https://m.imgur.com/3aNiStC
                      https://m.imgur.com/kDGrMfL

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        I've played on and off casually for years, probably pretty good compared to the population at large but terrible compared to those that take it seriously.

                        For some reason a friend and I started playing snooker and I'm hooked. A modified version of snooker on a '7 foot table using only ten reds, so it plays quite differently and faster than standard snooker on the bigger tables.

                        It is a fascinating game. We started out just using the standard pool balls; using the 2-7 as the spotted scoring balls and the rest in a sideways nine-ball rack as the reds and eventually moved on to real (slightly larger than standard) snooker balls and deciding that 15 reds was too crowded for our tastes. Laying someone a nasty snooker is oddly satisfying... as is escaping same.

                        Comment

                        Above Footer Ad

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X