Vinyl Collectors?

Elac’s just arrived. Wiring now, going to have to use my old Sony turntable for now, but, it’ll work!

I think I’ve spent around 3 hours today researching receivers/amps for the Elacs.

I knew finally building a quality setup would be a slippery slope but man....

Aaaaaaaaand now that’s been taken care of. Oof, didn’t expect the offer I put in to be accepted!

Aaaaaaaaand now that’s been taken care of. Oof, didn’t expect the offer I put in to be accepted!

What did you get??

What did you get??

Onkyo receiver, should be more than enough to power the 4 ohm Elac’s. I’m pumped, will have it Thursday, looks like my U-turn is still 4 or 5 business days from shipping though.

Onkyo receiver, should be more than enough to power the 4 ohm Elac’s. I’m pumped, will have it Thursday, looks like my U-turn is still 4 or 5 business days from shipping though.

Onkyo is good stuff. In a previous life I sold a lot of their gear when I worked at Best Buy way back in the late 1980’s. I still have a working 1988 TX-870 receiver and also have an Integra 50.2 that I discovered in a basement cabinet about a month after we bought our home 13 months ago. The previous owner left it behind along with a subwoofer and it’s now powering a set of Elacs. I’ll be interested to see what you think of the UB5’s after you’ve had them hooked up a couple weeks.

I’m so happy right now.

Been waiting three weeks for the Turntable.

Onkyo receiver, U-Turn audio turntable, and Elac speakers.

Sounds amazing.

f127b870aae14a49c2f84d92b32f5b3f.jpg

New to the collection.

a894e8e43e6157c883d88c40bb6ca9d1.jpg

I still have my Technics SL-1200 MkII that I bought in 1988 but I haven’t had it hooked up in over 10 years. I should set it up and pull out those 50 or so dusty albums I have in storage.

As an old electronics tech,the Technics SL-1200 was one of the best turntables "back in the day".A lot of DJ s and clubs used them .I still have a Pioneer PL-71 direct drive turntable from around the mid 70s that I haven't used in about 20 years due to needing a stylus and/or cartridge.

I’m so happy right now.

Been waiting three weeks for the Turntable.

Onkyo receiver, U-Turn audio turntable, and Elac speakers.

Sounds amazing.

f127b870aae14a49c2f84d92b32f5b3f.jpg

When you getting some klipsch speakers. I had RB-35 a few years ago really good bookshelf speaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread reminds me of more money I want to spend, both on records and a better player setup. hahaha I just run my little audio technical turntable through a tube preamp into my recording monitors for listening, for the time being. Not elegant, but it works. I need more records too. I have a soft spot for old ska and reggae 45s, but have a bunch of random stuff.

When you getting some klipsch speakers. I had RB-35 a few years ago really good bookshelf speaker

The Elac’s are amazing. And the more I play them the more amazing they’ve gotten, bang for the buck I’m still stunned.

This thread reminds me of more money I want to spend, both on records and a better player setup. hahaha I just run my little audio technical turntable through a tube preamp into my recording monitors for listening, for the time being. Not elegant, but it works. I need more records too. I have a soft spot for old ska and reggae 45s, but have a bunch of random stuff.

It’s definitely addictive. But man, I’m enjoying being back in the thick of it again.

The Elac’s are amazing. And the more I play them the more amazing they’ve gotten, bang for the buck I’m still stunned.

It’s definitely addictive. But man, I’m enjoying being back in the thick of it again.

That is great news and they are good speakers I was just wanting to bust your chops a little

That is great news and they are good speakers I was just wanting to bust your chops a little

Was down to those two, and though it meant I had to upgrade my receiver because of the power load for the Elacs, I’m happy I went this way.

Now I’d love to have some full size Klipsch vintage speakers, it that’ll have to wait until maybe I sell my circle T’s, or a kidney lol

Was down to those two, and though it meant I had to upgrade my receiver because of the power load for the Elacs, I’m happy I went this way.

Now I’d love to have some full size Klipsch vintage speakers, it that’ll have to wait until maybe I sell my circle T’s, or a kidney lol

Just for giggles I was looking around the bay last night and saw a nice pair of heresay for $1000. Just saying

Just for giggles I was looking around the bay last night and saw a nice pair of heresay for $1000. Just saying

Hey, sell or buy my CT’s and I’m in.

I was literally thinking about this a couple of days ago. I have a few dozen vinyl records sitting in my attic, but currently no turntable which to play them on. The plan is to spruce up the workshop this summer (if the wife doesn't commandeer it to renovate it into a space for her mother) and buy a turntable. Then I can tinker with golf clubs, my model trains, and simply just relax with the boys all while listening to my music. Long term life goals.

I was literally thinking about this a couple of days ago. I have a few dozen vinyl records sitting in my attic, but currently no turntable which to play them on. The plan is to spruce up the workshop this summer (if the wife doesn't commandeer it to renovate it into a space for her mother) and buy a turntable. Then I can tinker with golf clubs, my model trains, and simply just relax with the boys all while listening to my music. Long term life goals.

It’s my meditation activity. Makes me happy, and with all the **** going on right now I need happy.

One of my favorite things about having a legitimate setup again is when I get up early to get the kids things ready for the day and put a record on.

First, because it’s me and the quiet house, and there’s nothing like some good music moving through the house in the morning. Second though because like clockwork my Little Lotte comes stumbling in and starts asking questions about who this one is and when it’s from, then starts dancing.

Man, these are memories I’ll love forever.

BTW, that Otis Redding album I posted earlier, if you’ve never heard that one, shame on you. Otis. Simply amazing.

Joined ‘Vinyl Me, Please’ which is monthly and has some really cool remasters and represses.

First one out that got me to jump in is the Van Morrison album ‘Veedon Fleece’ which as a Van Fan is so very criminally underrated and under appreciated.

I’ll be talking to myself more and more in here as the vinyl collecting is back for me in 2019.

Joined ‘Vinyl Me, Please’ which is monthly and has some really cool remasters and represses.

First one out that got me to jump in is the Van Morrison album ‘Veedon Fleece’ which as a Van Fan is so very criminally underrated and under appreciated.

I’ll be talking to myself more and more in here as the vinyl collecting is back for me in 2019.

Have you started hunting the thrift stores? Some excellent finds are to be had there if you have the time and the patience.

Have you started hunting the thrift stores? Some excellent finds are to be had there if you have the time and the patience.

That’s where my hundreds of others came from. Haha

Back