Any Interest in C8 Corvette Reveal tomorrow?

ULEWZ

Golf Magician
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As a long time Corvette owner, I am always excited when a new Corvette model comes out. The C8 is a mid engine sports car and the reveal is tomorrow, the 18th of July here in So. Cal. at 7:30PST.
So, fully expecting a big yawn from this crowd, but is anybody interested in the Revel and if so, here is a link?
https://media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette

First mid-engine Corvette? Hell yeah! Though nostalgia is sad to see the front engine go.

First mid-engine Corvette? Hell yeah! Though nostalgia is sad to see the front engine go.

Was just gonna say that. There's always been talk about one, but it's about time. RIP price tag.

As a long time Corvette owner, I am always excited when a new Corvette model comes out. The C8 is a mid engine sports car and the reveal is tomorrow, the 18th of July here in So. Cal. at 7:30PST.
So, fully expecting a big yawn from this crowd, but is anybody interested in the Revel and if so, here is a link?
https://media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette

Thank you for the information :)

Both of my parents had a C3 when I was born. My dad had a C4 after that. I had a C6 back in 2005.

I grew up loving Corvettes, but had to get something a little more family friendly when my wife got pregnant. And honestly, since I got that first next car (2011 Lexus RX450h) I haven't looked back.

The Vettes were really fun to drive, but the interiors just drive me crazy.

I will check out the new one, but am not thrilled about the mid-engine.

I think the C7 Corvette is great. Supercar performance without the price. I think the new mid-engined vette will be a great car, but I dont know if I agree with it. I think you have a great performance car, and there is no need to be something you are not. Since 1953, you have been a front engine rear drive coupe. Why the drastic change? Will it be a good sports car, most likely. Will it be a good Corvette, I'm not so sure.

I think the C7 Corvette is great. Supercar performance without the price. I think the new mid-engined vette will be a great car, but I dont know if I agree with it. I think you have a great performance car, and there is no need to be something you are not. Since 1953, you have been a front engine rear drive coupe. Why the drastic change? Will it be a good sports car, most likely. Will it be a good Corvette, I'm not so sure.

I agree, I could careless about the new car. I had the dealership call me to see if I wanted on the list to be the first to test drive and I said no. The car just doesn't interest me because it's not a corvette anymore. It would be different if Chevy came out with a mid engine with a new name to match a supercar, but why fix what is not broke?

I agree, I could careless about the new car. I had the dealership call me to see if I wanted on the list to be the first to test drive and I said no. The car just doesn't interest me because it's not a corvette anymore. It would be different if Chevy came out with a mid engine with a new name to match a supercar, but why fix what is not broke?

It's a lot like the business world today. Those who benchmark against their competition and strive to be at or just above average will be just that, average. They will pay an average salary, have average benefits, and get average workers. This, IMO, will be an average mid engine car, instead of trying to be the best Corvette yet. Improve upon the last 7 generations, don't reinvent yourself.

I remember the fabled ME Corvette being teased 10 years ago when I was turning wrenches. I'm excited for it!

Yeah i am excited for it. Love the Corvette line and am intrigued by ahat they are doing. I understand the gripes about the mid engine but i think it will be a great car still and hopefully lives up to the Corvette name.

Growing up in corvette country and having moved here because of the car(dad worked at the factory). I'm definitely pumped, I had an 05 and eventually I'm looking to get another. There have been a few demos rolling around town in full camo. They sound amazing, I can't wait to see the final product uncovered!!

HECK YEAH I'm interested! I drive a 2016 Camaro, not being able to afford the Corvette (just yet), but my wife now has her dream Audi, and I'm thinking that in about 4-6 more years I'll be stingray hunting!

Whiskey

A Corvette should really just be a brute, massive engine in the front and rear wheel drive.

mid engine ok fine, Corvette name though? it's like a 4-door Porsche, it's just not right

I had a Corvette 28 years ago for a couple years before getting married and when our last child is off to college in 4 years I plan on getting another two seat sports car. I was leaning towards a Boxster S but this new C8 is now on the short list.

Corvette fan, yes. Will I ever own one? No.

Im a Camaro guy. And after announcing they are dropping it after 2023 just makes mine more valuable :)

I'm definitely interested but also put off by the price. I don't like the move to mid engine for the Corvette name but could stomach it if price where reasonable. It's gone from something to aspire to, to a rich mans toy.

I'm more interested to see what the aftermarket guys do with the mid-engine platform.

The Corvette has been my favorite car ever since my cousin gave me a ride in his brand new turquoise C4 back when I was just a kid. I go back and forth on whether I'm excited about the new mid engine layout. It's always great to see evolution but to me the Corvette should be a front engine, bad@ss machine. I'm excited to see what they came up with though and who knows, maybe I'll fall in love with it.

Here is a little teaser I stumbled across:

img_0816_6343b8778dc1a3d606cc107db866833ce846b543.pngimg_0817_ff2efd9982fee9c1bd7be11536dfd1dfc6266306.pngimg_0818_9b19ae51d67fb203e95141c0372efbe838515b38.pngphoto400.jpg

I like the exterior look in these teasers, but can we talk about that interior pic. Are those all buttons in the right side of the center console? Has to be like 20 of them...

Looks to me like a/c system control buttons.

It looks awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very eloquently put. Will it be a good Corvette is the question. If you look at this car as a competitor to a Ford GT, that makes this more interesting. Still, I'd probably pick a Mustang or Camaro as a daily because front engine, rear drive, and the track editions of both those cars are incredible.

Back