Any Interest in C8 Corvette Reveal tomorrow?

Very eloquently put. Will it be a good Corvette is the question. If you look at this car as a competitor to a Ford GT, that makes this more interesting. Still, I'd probably pick a Mustang or Camaro as a daily because front engine, rear drive, and the track editions of both those cars are incredible.

I agree, is Chevy trying to compete with the Ford GT? If yes, I dont know why. Currently you fit above the Mustang/Camaro/challenger. Below the GT. What is your real competition? At a price below $100k you dont have a domestic competitor really right now. Viper maybe, but it's been in and out so much. Globally you have low level Porsches, some mercedes, but those are way over the cost of a vette. I think you have a great niche, and I'd hate to see them price out their main consumer base.

To me, it looks like an imitation of a McLaren from the outside

As for the interior, who the hell signed off that ugly monstrosity?! I don't think I have seen anything that looks as horrible as that

I'm a fan of the looks here. I'd daily drive this beauty in a heartbeat lol.

Completely lost the look of the corvette in my opinion. My first thought was that they won't sell a 100 of them.

This is not so much about the Corvette, but car design in general now. With everything being designed in Caad and based on downforce and aerodynamics, I feel like some of the inspiration has been taken away from the art of design and so much looks the same now. Especially on the mid engine platforms.

I love the new look of the C8. At under 3.0 seconds 0-60mph and a base price under $60k, it's a bargain. The 495 hp mid-engine design should make this thing handle and accelerate like no other sports car in that price range.

Corvette fan, yes. Will I ever own one? No.

Im a Camaro guy. And after announcing they are dropping it after 2023 just makes mine more valuable :)

Dropping the Camaro?? Or the Vet

mid engine ok fine, Corvette name though? it's like a 4-door Porsche, it's just not right

Strange comparison since Porsche has made cars with front, rear, and mid engines and has made 4-door models.

The Corvette comes down to one thing, staying on top of the affordable performance game. The engineers felt like they couldn't go any further with the front engine platform, if they were going to keep improving and moving forward they had to go to mid engine.

Look at the C7 ZR1. Costs 40k more than a Z06 yet saw no real improvement on the track unless it was wife open where the extra ponies kicked in.

It makes me a little sad that the classic looking vette is no more, but I have no doubt the z06 variant and maybe ZR1 of the C8 will be straight up giant slayers.

Seriously? Don't plan on making the Camaro after 2023? Guess I'll have to trade in my 2017 that year

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seriously? Don't plan on making the Camaro after 2023? Guess I'll have to trade in my 2017 that year

That's what hear. At first they were going to stop production, then it turned into a delay, now its back to stopping production. Apparently lack of sales. The newer ones have gotten better aesthetically, but for a few years in there they were hideous.

I stopped buying late model cars years ago. Its just not worth it.

Didn't take long to hit the streets of Bowling Green without the armor. (not my photo) I'm sure they will be out in swarms now. I like the press pictures, but honestly not crazy about this side shot...Looks too Camaro ish.
8b3b9c3a6d803a36caf05e984cc4042f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

no real improvement on the track unless it was wife open.
That's what I do to improve my track times. :bulgy-eyes:

I really like what i see and what i heard in their presentation. I thought the engineering in the engine to afford them to place it where they did was pretty interesting.

Any Interest in C8 Corvette Reveal tomorrow?

I dunno if I wanted to buy a Ferrari I’d buy a Ferrari. Clearly these were not veteran corvette designers as this is pretty far from normal. It also looks a little like the NSX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno if I wanted to buy a Ferrari I’d buy a Ferrari

Man, I dunno about you but my credit score is fantastic but I dunno if I could pull of a Ferrari lol

I get what your saying though, im not sold on it yet but I also don't hate it. To me, that's not a "Corvette"

Reminds me of a Lotus. Seems very round

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
ba35744ed77101d72d54435aaf8ca020.jpg

Last edited:
Reminds me of a Lotus. Seems very round

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
ba35744ed77101d72d54435aaf8ca020.jpg
I wish it was more Lotus I always wanted one of the Espirit cars.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The price of the stingrays at $60k is huge if you ask me. This was my main concern, that the mid engined model would be a lot more than the outgoing model.

The price of the stingrays at $60k is huge if you ask me. This was my main concern, that the mid engined model would be a lot more than the outgoing model.
That's only a couple of thousand more than the C7, but they are heavily discounted now. I love the new C8 and will own one when the price gouging stops.

I’m not a “Vette” guy, but I do like the look of this one. The price point seems way more affordable than I thought it would be. If I had the disposable income and older kids, I’d seriously consider this one.

That's only a couple of thousand more than the C7, but they are heavily discounted now. I love the new C8 and will own one when the price gouging stops.

I’m a few years away from getting permission(one more to get off to college) for a two seat sports car and will likely pick up a used C8 at that time. 495 hp for the base one is impressive, can’t wait to see a 600 hp version which will be coming soon, I’m sure. I’m a speed freak whether it’s skis, snowmobiles, boats, or cars and have been waiting since my late 20’s to own a two seater again. In the mean time, the 4.0 second 0-60 mph acceleration of my Tesla will have to do. :act-up:

In the mean time, the 4.0 second 0-60 mph acceleration of my Tesla will have to do. :act-up:
That is about the same as my C6 in stock format, which it currently is not. I am really impressed with the acceleration of the Tesla models, and might own one some day, just need to find a way to make it handle like my Vette.

Back