Any Interest in C8 Corvette Reveal tomorrow?

I’m a few years away from getting permission(one more to get off to college) for a two seat sports car and will likely pick up a used C8 at that time. 495 hp for the base one is impressive, can’t wait to see a 600 hp version which will be coming soon, I’m sure. I’m a speed freak whether it’s skis, snowmobiles, boats, or cars and have been waiting since my late 20’s to own a two seater again. In the mean time, the 4.0 second 0-60 mph acceleration of my Tesla will have to do. :act-up:

I would also love to pick up one of these C8's. I love the exterior, and the interior is okay. I'm not sold on the design of the center console, but I could look past it. Unfortunately, my kids aren't even in grade school yet. It's going to be awhile. That new Tesla roadster is pretty slick too.

I'm not a fan of the new model. I get the technological advances relative to engine placement but don't like the design implications. It doesn't look like a Corvette any longer. A handful of cars have iconic design; I prefer those cars stay true to what made them special.

Completely lost the look of the corvette in my opinion. My first thought was that they won't sell a 100 of them.

This thing will likely be the best selling Corvette of all time. For Christs sake is a 500HP mid engine car starting at less then 60K.

The only people who are hating on this car are stupid boomers.

That's only a couple of thousand more than the C7, but they are heavily discounted now. I love the new C8 and will own one when the price gouging stops.

I didnt mean the price is huge. It was worded poorly. I mean that having the price very close to the outgoing model is great. I was worried they would out price their core buyers.

Good thing my house is paid for in 5 years. Just in time to get the kinks worked out on the C8, or for the price of a 2019 Zr1 to be in my wheelhouse.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That is about the same as my C6 in stock format, which it currently is not. I am really impressed with the acceleration of the Tesla models, and might own one some day, just need to find a way to make it handle like my Vette.
Those model 3s handle pretty damn well. They are currently the car to have in autocross it seems.

I think the c6 z06 is still my favorite vette. Classic looks, but NA 427 with 500 hp built for the track.

This thing will likely be the best selling Corvette of all time. For Christs sake is a 500HP mid engine car starting at less then 60K.

The only people who are hating on this car are stupid boomers.

LOL, no offense taken. Glad you like it.

That is about the same as my C6 in stock format, which it currently is not. I am really impressed with the acceleration of the Tesla models, and might own one some day, just need to find a way to make it handle like my Vette.

The Tesla is too heavy at 4,900 lbs to handle anything like a Vette, which is why I want a Vette or a Boxster S. Of course I can load a foursome with clubs and gear in my Tesla. Not so much in a Vette or a Boxster.

I'm not a Corvette fan, but I FULLY respect its lineage and history. That being said, I don't like this iteration at all. Seems like a massive departure from what makes it what its name celebrates. Of course, what do I know... I drive a Wrangler. Roads are optional for me. :act-up:

I'm not a Corvette fan, but I FULLY respect its lineage and history. That being said, I don't like this iteration at all. Seems like a massive departure from what makes it what its name celebrates. Of course, what do I know... I drive a Wrangler. Roads are optional for me. :act-up:
I sold my second Vette to get a tricked out Wrangler in Tank Green (beautiful IMO), JKUR with 3 inch lift, onboard air, bizillion watt stereo, Winch removable from front or rear bumpers, custom rims and tires, etc. Kept it for almost one year, then went back to a Vette. Couldn't handle the slow pace, crawl up hill, wait for next guy/gal to climb up hill, repeat. Also the 14mpg on the HWY, and much less offroad in 4Wheel Low, poor brakes (almost killed myself on the FWY when somebody slammed on their brakes and my Jeep wouldn't stop), and poor handling. Do I miss my Jeep, very rarely.

I sold my second Vette to get a tricked out Wrangler in Tank Green (beautiful IMO), JKUR with 3 inch lift, onboard air, bizillion watt stereo, Winch removable from front or rear bumpers, custom rims and tires, etc. Kept it for almost one year, then went back to a Vette. Couldn't handle the slow pace, crawl up hill, wait for next guy/gal to climb up hill, repeat. Also the 14mpg on the HWY, and much less offroad in 4Wheel Low, poor brakes (almost killed myself on the FWY when somebody slammed on their brakes and my Jeep wouldn't stop), and poor handling. Do I miss my Jeep, very rarely.

Yea line crawling and over packed trails suck. Overlanding and exploring, thats what I'm all about. Kind of like my golf game... lost in the woods and all by myself.

I had more fun goimg slow in my one-tonned, coil-overed, JKU with 41" tires, 5.38 gears, and 4 spd Atlas tcase than I ever did in my sports cars going fast. Speed is just over too fast.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This Vette looks absolutely incredible. I’m sure most hardcore Vette guys will hate it, but holy cow it looks good.

I'm old school - I like a stick shift and clutch. I don't like all these paddle-shifter sports cars.

Back