What are you reading?

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
Right now I am working my way through Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

Rays v Yanks

Great book.

Yeah. I borrowed fountain head and loved it, so I took the next logical step. Her writing style is relentless though. You cant just read it casually.

Drizzt.....#12 I believe....

Golf is not a game of perfect by Bob Rotella. Bob taught many of the PGA Tour Pros as a sports Phy Great book and the one I just finished is titled, Extraordinary Golf - The Art of the Possible. Really teaches you the meaning of golf and how you can create a more postive outlook. Super books and easy reading.

Why the Allies Won by Richard Overy. Very good book regarding the four main reasons the Allies won WWII

Anybody read A Painted House? Terrific coming of age story by John Grisham

I read a bunch of different books at one time, and my taste is kinda off the wall. However, at the moment, the following tomes are on my Kindle:

1. Last Call: The Rise and Fall of Prohibition by Daniel Okrent (really fascinating stuff)
2. Twice Bitten by Chloe Neill (this is vampire chick lit; so sue me. I also devour zombie books. Heh.)
3. No Way Down: Life and Death on K2 by Graham Bowley (one of the worst mountain climbing disasters)
4. The Unlikely Disciple: A Sinner's Semester at America's Holiest University by Kevin Roose (about a guy from Dartmouth who spent a semester at Jerry Falwell's Liberty University).

And I'm always on the lookout for good zombie/apocalyptic novels or mysteries, as long as they're not too formulaic.

Kim

Anybody read A Painted House? Terrific coming of age story by John Grisham

Didn't particularly like A Painted House, but I own almost all of his books. Really enjoyed The Firm, The Partner, The Rainmaker, and The Pelican Brief among others.

I read a bunch of different books at one time, and my taste is kinda off the wall. However, at the moment, the following tomes are on my Kindle:

1. Last Call: The Rise and Fall of Prohibition by Daniel Okrent (really fascinating stuff)
2. Twice Bitten by Chloe Neill (this is vampire chick lit; so sue me. I also devour zombie books. Heh.)
3. No Way Down: Life and Death on K2 by Graham Bowley (one of the worst mountain climbing disasters)
4. The Unlikely Disciple: A Sinner's Semester at America's Holiest University by Kevin Roose (about a guy from Dartmouth who spent a semester at Jerry Falwell's Liberty University).

And I'm always on the lookout for good zombie/apocalyptic novels or mysteries, as long as they're not too formulaic.

Kim

No worries. I like Anne Rice

Red Mars
Green Mars
Blue Mars

by K.S Robinson

.. for the 7th time I believe. Come back to them once a year or so.

Right now I am working my way through Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

Follow it with her novella, "Anthem". One of the five books I can say completely defined who I have become as an adult. Was given it in 7th grade by my Social Studies teacher to read.

I have a stack of books I'm reading. I'm alternating each night between

Paper Tiger - Tom Coyne
Never Call Retreat: Lee and Grant - The Final Victory
The Guynd: A Scottish Journal
Service Included: Four-Star Secrets of an Eavesdropping Waiter

How do you read 4 books at the same time?

I really don't know. I've always read multiple books since I can remember learning to read.

I really don't know. I've always read multiple books since I can remember learning to read.

Same here. I read several at a time, unless my current projects is very difficult.

The Hunger Games. Probably the best book I've ever read. I've read it multiple times. Most of you guys probably wouldn't like it though.

I read The Hunger Games and thought it was pretty good. There are now two additional books to complete the trilogy.

Kim

I am reading two books.

The Coldest Winter by David Halberstam

Don't Know Much About History by Kenneth Davis

When these are done I am going to start the Border Trilogy by Cormac McCarthy

Didn't particularly like A Painted House, but I own almost all of his books. Really enjoyed The Firm, The Partner, The Rainmaker, and The Pelican Brief among others.

Don't forget the Street Lawyer

The Night Trilogy: Night, Day, and Dawn by Elie Weisel. Holocaust based trilogy
Nathaniel Green: A Biography of an American Revolutionary Hero (I think that's what its called)

Both for school

Back