What are you reading?

I left another Kindle on an airplane so I’ve been a bit slack for a week or two...

Reading the Lions of Lucerne, a Scot Horvath novel. I think it's the first in the series. Only about 13 chapters in, but not sure I like the author's style. Plus, I've already noticed some errors in a subject matter I know a lot about and which is easily researched, so it makes me feel like he's a bit sloppy.

I'm not a big reader. The most I read is tech manuals and online articles. I think the last book I read was Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy and that was at least 25 years ago.
Wow, you really aren't a reader.

I'm rotating between these at the moment: Girls & Sex, The Obstacle Is The Way, I Don't Want to Talk About It and Solve for Happy

Tiger Woods...not sure what to make of it, since it’s basically an unauthorized biography, but the picture it paints of his upbringing and personality is hardly flattering or idyllic. An odd but interesting read.

Just finished "Down In Flames" by Ray Parker. Autobiography about his time as a B-24 navigator in WW2. Talks about his training and time in the European theater on the B-24, getting shot down, and subsequent time in a POW camp. Short, but good read.

Clive Cussler, "Fire Ice". This is my 1st Post and my profile is not complete as of today.

I will get with it when I get back from the course today.

I am retired and play almost every day as the course is only 3 blocks away.

Oldman

I haven't been much of a reader, as I've never really allocated the time to sit down and read a book. Pretty sure the last book I read for myself was The Big Miss. And before that, it was Flight of the Old Dog by Dale Brown, YEARS AGO.

A couple years ago, my wife started writing books... Indy Adult Romance books. I have read, re-read and proofread all 5 of the books she has published before publication. Honestly although her books aren't what I'm really interested in reading, it has inspired me to make the time to start reading some of the things I want to read.

Last edited:
I'm not a big reader. The most I read is tech manuals and online articles. I think the last book I read was Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy and that was at least 25 years ago.
That's a good one, I read it probably 25 years ago. I used to read a ton of Clancy, haven't in years.
I haven't been much of a reader, as I've never really allocated the time to sit down and read a book. Pretty sure the last book I read for myself was The Big Miss. And before that, it was Flight of the Old Dog by Dale Brown, YEARS AGO.

A couple years ago, my wife started writing books... Indy Adult Romance books. I have read, re-read and proofread all 5 of the books she has published before publication. Honestly although her books aren't what I'm really interested in reading, it has inspired me to make the time to start reading some of the things I want to read.
Oughta post one of her books, Romance isn't my thing but it might be someone else's.

"Oathbringer" Third book in the Stormlight Archive. Wow so good.

That one is on my to read list. Really enjoyed the first 2.

You won't be disappointed. Dalinar is such a bad ass in his flashbacks.
That one is on my to read list. Really enjoyed the first 2.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

You won't be disappointed. Dalinar is such a bad ass in his flashbacks.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Cool. I remember in the first book one of his flashbacks he was a bad ass using only a fire poker.

I've started "IT" by Stephen King. I'm about 350 pages into the 1500+ pages. I'm sitting at work wishing I brought the book with me because it's starting to pick up a little bit, but I know if I brought the book, I would get nothing done. Only 5 more hours until quitting time and I can head home and read some more.

I've started "IT" by Stephen King. I'm about 350 pages into the 1500+ pages. I'm sitting at work wishing I brought the book with me because it's starting to pick up a little bit, but I know if I brought the book, I would get nothing done. Only 5 more hours until quitting time and I can head home and read some more.

I read that this summer. Man, it is 'UUUUGE. While I enjoyed it, I think King could have cut 500 pages and not skipped a beat.

I read that this summer. Man, it is 'UUUUGE. While I enjoyed it, I think King could have cut 500 pages and not skipped a beat.

It's so daunting holding it and realizing I'm only 1/5th of the way through it. Positive note, when I'm done reading it, I can use it as a door stop. :laughing:

Steve Lukather’s autobiography, “The Gospel According to Luke”

Finishing up

A Course Called Ireland by Tom Coyne. Great read

The THP forum. Also a Vince Flynn fan.

Chase the Lion by Mark Batterson
306e6aee52bb8bda708ab7b2b37c50d0.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread hasn't had much activity lately, but outside of golf reading is my top hobby. Last year I read 50 books. Some memorable reads from 2018:

The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson

The last 5 books of The Dark Tower series by Stephen King

Fall of Giants and Winter of the World by Ken Follett

Swan Song by Robert McCammon

The Wool Trilogy by Hugh Howey

A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings by JRR Martin

I'm currently reading A Storm of Swords by JRR Martin, I'm about 30% in.

I just finished All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. It was fantastic.

I've also been reading a sci-fi series called Undying Mercenaries by BV Larson. I believe I've read the first 4, only 6 to go.

Just finished another Daniel Silva (Gabriel Allon series), eagerly awaiting a Tim Dorsey (Serge Storms) adventure!

This thread hasn't had much activity lately, but outside of golf reading is my top hobby. Last year I read 50 books. Some memorable reads from 2018:

The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson

The last 5 books of The Dark Tower series by Stephen King

Fall of Giants and Winter of the World by Ken Follett

Swan Song by Robert McCammon

The Wool Trilogy by Hugh Howey

A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings by JRR Martin

I'm currently reading A Storm of Swords by JRR Martin, I'm about 30% in.

I just finished All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. It was fantastic.

I've also been reading a sci-fi series called Undying Mercenaries by BV Larson. I believe I've read the first 4, only 6 to go.
If I made it to 50 I would have had to read two short ones the last week to make it to 52.

A Complicated Marriage: My Life with Clement Greenberg, by Janice Van Horne

Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle. Really trying to get my butt in gear now that my back is feeling better.

Back