Any motorcycle owners out there?

Johnboy12.5

Reaction score
Handicap
Ghin 9.1
With the price of gas going through the roof and the fact that it's warming up I decided to see how many THP'ers share my other passion as well.

000167_2008_BMW_F800ST.jpg

Nice ride

I use to own a couple but sold them when my son was born. I liked to ride fast.

I owned Suzuki's, b/c they were easier for me to work on. I owned a 03' SV 650 (my personal favorite), an 05' GSX-R 600 and a 06' GSX-R 750.

I use to hate the BMW ads around at that time, "You don't need a Hibachi to cook Japanese", although it was quite clever.

All my bikes were stripped of the hard parts, then re-painted (black), with no decals. I always put Yoshimura full exhaust systems on as well. Had a power commander in my SV and it was getting around 95 horses to the rear wheel. It was loud too.

Been thinking about getting me a bike this spring.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the blurry picture, but my dads Ironhorse looks almost exactly like this one. His front wheel sits farther out though, makes it a little longer.

ironhorse.jpg

Started riding about 3 years ago, I've got an '05 Vstar 650.

My baby is a 99 Vstar Custom 1100. I'm built for comfort, not speed. Although... I'm thinking about stripping it down soon and upping the ponies to make it lean and mean.

a 999R and Hayabusa are my rides

I had an 03 CBR600RR, but I had to sell it this past fall to pay some of my son's hospital bills. I really want to get another one though

Been riding for a long while. I got off the street though back in early 2000's. Just too unsafe for my liking. So I stuck to trackday riding and racing. Had started with an ex500 went to a CBR 600, TL1000s, to a bunch of GSXR's to Kawi 636 and just got rid of a CBR600RR. Now if i had my pick, the BMW 1000s is very very sexy. But I gave up riding last year taking a break for a bit.

I want one so bad but my wife is not thrilled about it.

I have a 09 Road King that gets ridden everyday, weather permitting. Now if I could figure out how to carry my golf bag, I'd be set.

I haven't ridden on-road since 1988. One of my best friends, who was the best rider I ever knew, got killed on his bike. Figured if it could happen to him, it could happen to me a lot easier. I've ridden dirt bikes a couple of times since. I like four-wheelers better now.

1963 Vespa VBB! Old 2-stroke bullet proof engine. That was my main ride when I lived in Cambodia. There was never any traffic in Phnom Penh on the weekends so it was great to bomb around the city on that. I am in the middle of re-registering it for Italy, though I don't think I will drive it nearly as much here.

VBB-01.jpg

I do, and love topping of for $5. 09 kawa ninja

aefc92fb-bc92-bddf.jpg

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

I use to own a couple but sold them when my son was born. I liked to ride fast.

I owned Suzuki's, b/c they were easier for me to work on. I owned a 03' SV 650 (my personal favorite), an 05' GSX-R 600 and a 06' GSX-R 750.

All my bikes were stripped of the hard parts, then re-painted (black), with no decals. I always put Yoshimura full exhaust systems on as well. Had a power commander in my SV and it was getting around 95 horses to the rear wheel. It was loud too.

Funny you mention the 03 sv 650, it was my previous bike that I had set up for track days. Quick little bike with all the mods, traxxion dyn. front end, penske shock for the rear, power commander, yosh pipe and I'm sure I'm forgetting some else I did to over the three years I had it. Only problem was the bike was small and uncomfortable on all day trips out to the mountains and back. The BMW is comfy all day long!

I will strap my clubs on the back in a soft sided travel bag when I have the side bags on the bike. Find the long way to where ever the group is playing and then the long way home too!!!
Luckily for me the wife doesn't want anything to do with it. She says its the one place I'm safe from her not wanting to tag along!

Smalls, sorry to hear you lost a friend to a motorcycle accident! I've been on the road since 1990 and lost a few friends to either bad choices or careless drivers.

Here is a pic of my baby, I hated having to sell her.
34271_1532679119840_1320630062_31421740_2322953_n.jpg

Currently in the market for one of these bad boys:

0912_crup_17_z+2010_honda_shadow_phantom+right_view.jpg

Here is a pic of my baby, I hated having to sell her.
34271_1532679119840_1320630062_31421740_2322953_n.jpg

What a good looking bike. If I had a bike like that my wife would kill me if I did not beat her to it.

What a good looking bike. If I had a bike like that my wife would kill me if I did not beat her to it.

I am a fan of lime green. When I got the bike it was all black with red tape around the rims. I got all of the logo's custom made and found some lime green rim tape on ebay. I didn't want to sell it, but I had some medical bills from my 3 years old stacking up, so the bike had to go.

Funny you mention the 03 sv 650, it was my previous bike that I had set up for track days. Quick little bike with all the mods, traxxion dyn. front end, penske shock for the rear, power commander, yosh pipe and I'm sure I'm forgetting some else I did to over the three years I had it. Only problem was the bike was small and uncomfortable on all day trips out to the mountains and back. The BMW is comfy all day long!

You rode VIR I suspect? What track day org did you ride with? SV's are a blast. I have always had the most fun on a track riding a slow bike. :)

I have a 09 Road King that gets ridden everyday, weather permitting. Now if I could figure out how to carry my golf bag, I'd be set.

05.jpg

I owned one of these (KZ1000 Z1R) in the early 80's. Bought it right out of high school and had it during my college & drinking days. I can guarantee you I would NOT own or get on that bike today at age 49. I had that bike to well over a 100 mph in town, on city streets more than once as well as flat out on the highway. At the time there were not many any faster. Something you could not get me to do today.

100_0593_40_1_1.JPG

I've been riding for many years. This year I will be doing a lot more, due to these gas prices. I'm not too far off from retirement, so my ideal situation is to ride my Harley to the golf course everyday and play.....

Back