Any motorcycle owners out there?

Was going to take my bike to work today in this perfect 80* day, but noticed some smoke coming from my pipes by the oil filter as they warmed up.. that didn't occur when I put the bike in after last ride so kept it home to be safe.. probably just an oil drip but didn't have time to check oil level and such ... Need to degrease the crap out of my engine block and wheels, getting grungy lol hopefully that's all it is

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

first track day of 2019 in the books. By the second session, I was back at my fastest pace from last year. I worked with an instructor for a session and then went out to practice for the last 2 sessions. ended up shaving 4 seconds off my fastest lap time ever. Weather was perfect and bike performed flawlessly.

Next one is coming up in 3 1/2 weeks

Did a 400km charity poker run this past Saturday on my new to me Bonneville with the Ms. on the back and it was awesome! Bike did great, no complaints, although it was a bit chilly heading there in the morning 10*c doing 110 km/h made me think heated grips and a screen might be good for chilly days like that.

Oh and a put a set of British customs Sleepers on it that sound wicked!

Did a 400km charity poker run this past Saturday on my new to me Bonneville with the Ms. on the back and it was awesome! Bike did great, no complaints, although it was a bit chilly heading there in the morning 10*c doing 110 km/h made me think heated grips and a screen might be good for chilly days like that.

Oh and a put a set of British customs Sleepers on it that sound wicked!

The British Customs Sleepers are great looking and sounding. Glad you enjoyed the bike and the ride.

Rode it in to work today and remembered to snap a picture when I got home for lunch.

29164e02fb02c7a61e0a808ee81f8537.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice commute to and from work today
9bda40321de950bbb8b382f9245fc17a.jpg

My old school fat girl Betty
d685b86a1d9cdb706eb91aca75ae7301.jpg

Nice commute to and from work today
9bda40321de950bbb8b382f9245fc17a.jpg

What is that, a speed triple? I pay off my R3 next month and am now looking for a replacement. As much as I’d like a faired bike, there is nothing out there outside of the super sport category. So I was looking at the either the Z900 or GSXS 750. However, I noticed that lightly used street triples are in my price range. That I think is the route I’m going to go down, especially as Geico charge me about $550 a year for my R3, for a street triple R, it’s about $350.

What is that, a speed triple? I pay off my R3 next month and am now looking for a replacement. As much as I’d like a faired bike, there is nothing out there outside of the super sport category. So I was looking at the either the Z900 or GSXS 750. However, I noticed that lightly used street triples are in my price range. That I think is the route I’m going to go down, especially as Geico charge me about $550 a year for my R3, for a street triple R, it’s about $350.

I went from a ninja 400r (older version which was a sleeved ninja 650r), to a street triple and was very happy with the street triple. Mine was a 2014 R. Very balanced bike for a solo rider (not very good for a passenger), plenty fast for the street. I would recommend making sure you have a good triumph dealer near by though, just in case.

This year though I switched to a Bonneville SE and don’t regret the change at all. Handles great, is great for a passenger, and a better speed for the street.

Yup an 08 speed triple, picked it up with 8k miles i think for in 2015 for 5k I think.. insurance on it is $238 for the year, strange yours is much higher unless there's accidents and points, or geograohy

Nice smooth but powerful ride, I think it's 128hp plus the slip on.. getting into trip digs it feels like I'm a bobble head as there's no wind screen. Definitely enough to ride 2 up..

Plus that single sided swing arm is beautiful

wife wants me to get a cruiser with a sissy bar so she can just sit back and relax, we'll see if I can find one for cheap or if I need to sell off the triple (not too fond of that unless I can find a cruiser with a lot of pep)

Had my second track day this year on my 2006 GSXR-1000. Despite the threat of rain, cold track temps and what felt like less grip, I managed to set a new personal best laptime of 1:23.7. Nearly a full second below my previous. I suspect I broke that time in the last session of the day but my lap timer malfunctioned and did not record any lap times.

For reference, the A group (fast guys) were running 1:16's and a minimum lap time for a novice racer is 1:18. The current lap record on a bike is 1:05.xxx. So clearly I have a ways to go before I can really call myself a fast guy lol!

Pictures came in from my track day a few weeks ago!

2edc70fc2652d26d7d8c6edf5d13ae0b.jpg

4bd7283b44d3519db1e34aacbf4d444a.jpg

That 2nd pic is worth an enlarged print and hanging in the man cave/garage!

Just had a fab 2 days at Laguna Seca watching the World Superbikes. Whilst there, I also took advantage of the demo rides Suzuki were doing and hopped on to the GSX-S750. What a freakin machine. I was pulling towards the Kawa Z900 as being my next bike, but the huge tank put me off a little. The Suzuki on the other hand has great ergonomics, but what really sold me was the sound of that engine! Get it over 5k and it sings!!! Mad save now, hopefully around October time, I’ll be ready to pick one up.
7613f0cff6c06b8ae7ce4e5c81233ff4.jpg

Work, weather, vacation, and other odds-and-ends have kept me from riding very much, but the few times I’ve been out were really enjoyable. Planning to get out for a few hours this coming weekend. The new-to-me Chieftain runs and rides great. Have had an initial conversation with a buddy about a potential 4 or 5 day ride this fall.

Weekend prior to this past one I was on the bike for several hours... Man was it enjoyable. I have to figure out how to balance home/family time, with golf time, with bike time. Not enough hours in the day to get to everything. I could see adding another bike to the garage, though, just to have something a little different. Maybe a Guzzi or a Triumph (really miss my Bonneville, but not enough to get rid of the Chieftain. LOL).

Nice ride out today in Carmel on what is hopefully one of the last rides on the R3 before an upgrade (if you look carefully, you can see Pebble Beach on the other side of the bay).

4de749d3ca357dc986bf86455d61748e.jpg

Mark_UK;n8875300 said:
Nice ride out today in Carmel on what is hopefully one of the last rides on the R3 before an upgrade (if you look carefully, you can see Pebble Beach on the other side of the bay).

4de749d3ca357dc986bf86455d61748e.jpg

That’s an outstanding view. What makes/models are you looking at for an upgrade?

Rambler;n8875595 said:
That’s an outstanding view. What makes/models are you looking at for an upgrade?

There was a used Z900 with 2.5k miles on I was hoping to get a steal on. Dealer have had it for sale for about 6 months. They didn’t want to budge at all so I’m stuck with the R3 for a little longer. I love the GSX S750 that I tried at the WSBK event last month, but insurance is ridiculous, so I think the Z900 will be my next bike, just not as soon as I had hoped. In the meantime, I’m gonna stick some decent tires on the R3 and have some fun while I save a few pennies for the next bike.

Mark_UK;n8876122 said:
There was a used Z900 with 2.5k miles on I was hoping to get a steal on. Dealer have had it for sale for about 6 months. They didn’t want to budge at all so I’m stuck with the R3 for a little longer. I love the GSX S750 that I tried at the WSBK event last month, but insurance is ridiculous, so I think the Z900 will be my next bike, just not as soon as I had hoped. In the meantime, I’m gonna stick some decent tires on the R3 and have some fun while I save a few pennies for the next bike.

Very nice! I kinda sorta want to add another bike to the stable, and a Kawi would be in the running, but the Z900 RS variety. Love the slightly classic looks with the up-to-date technology.

Traded the R3 in today. Really sad to see it go as I had so much fun on it. I can really see me buying another in the future as a little commuter bike. But today I am the proud owner of a new Z900. More power than I will ever need or use, but what a machine.
46fff1faa50a55f48a1c81369535e21e.jpg

Mark_UK;n8892002 said:
Traded the R3 in today. Really sad to see it go as I had so much fun on it. I can really see me buying another in the future as a little commuter bike. But today I am the proud owner of a new Z900. More power than I will ever need or use, but what a machine.
46fff1faa50a55f48a1c81369535e21e.jpg

Gorgeous bike, ride safe!

I love to ride. Currently own a ‘07 Road King Classic that I got new and now have over 50k miles on. Been cross country twice on her. Also have a ‘14 CVO limited that I picked up two years ago with only 4500 miles on it. Now she’s almost to 15k and I’m getting ready to take her on a Caribbean cruise this spring for my 50th birthday. Looking forward to riding on 6 islands over 10 days. :)

Back