The Photography Thread

Thanks. It's a Nikon D7500 with a relatively large native iso range. I have up to a max of about 150mm. I may borrow or rent a 70-200 which would yield a handy 300mm range after crop factor but that I think I plan to stick more to closer up, less action (mid swing) shots.

I was thinking of a grad filter, maybe one with a warning tint on it but I don't know if the horizon and terrain will be level enough.

I'll probably grab a few Nd filters... Always wanted to try them out in landscapes.

Watch it rain that day...

Thanks. It's a Nikon D7500 with a relatively large native iso range. I have up to a max of about 150mm. I may borrow or rent a 70-200 which would yield a handy 300mm range after crop factor but that I think I plan to stick more to closer up, less action (mid swing) shots.

I was thinking of a grad filter, maybe one with a warning tint on it but I don't know if the horizon and terrain will be level enough.

I'll probably grab a few Nd filters... Always wanted to try them out in landscapes.

Watch it rain that day...
If you go with a grad, go soft edge and stick with the neutral density. You can always color later. The soft edge will help you eliminate any horizon issues

Posted by my thumbs.

I was cleaning out my office at the plant yesterday and ran across an old Minolta Maxxum 7000. Kind of made me chuckle wondering how long it's been shoved in a corner of a closet.

url

I was cleaning out my office at the plant yesterday and ran across an old Minolta Maxxum 7000. Kind of made me chuckle wondering how long it's been shoved in a corner of a closet.
I was ever a Minolta guy, but I recall the maxxum 7000 being very popular around the mid-late 90s

Posted by my thumbs.

I was ever a Minolta guy, but I recall the maxxum 7000 being very popular around the mid-late 90s

Posted by my thumbs.
Iirc it was one of the first autofocus SLR cameras on the market. Mid-late 80's stuff. I was laughing when I found it. Atleast they were smart enough to remove the AAA batteries in it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well, I finally came across a lightly used Z6 and a Z 24-70 f4 along with the f mount adaptor for an acceptable trade.

We will call it an experiment for now as I have been slow to the mirrorless game but I can't wait to give it a go.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Super excited. Just received an assortment of Vision 3 stock with the rem-jet still on. Finally going to shoot the stuff I run through movie cameras as stills! Can't wait to see the results!

sc-UE6-Ozn-W-Ky-ME27sr-Rwpb-PCPTRc-ES-gfb0wbj5y-Gq-1-b-Zb-WKve-Ye-J8-Gf-AGlz-Sg-Ay-XQVpat-Pm-Twzi-zi-UN4o7-GF7l3-Uoo-L74-Xx-I0g-WZbhul6-Cvcef-DBx-Ouqs-JIJip6-Eg-PAYCG3-K49w-RGl-TBe-R5-DEAx-Cn-IKNaf-D09b1-RBXXE2c-CL05r9n6qz-Ym-B7i3s-ESe-6l-NZUI3e4zc-QJwc-Hi-RFZky-ycw-Hf-V6-U6q-Olb-Sv-DO-myew-Bx-GMIo-N67-BT1up-TMN.jpg

Well, I finally came across a lightly used Z6 and a Z 24-70 f4 along with the f mount adaptor for an acceptable trade.

We will call it an experiment for now as I have been slow to the mirrorless game but I can't wait to give it a go.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

How are things going with the Z6? I've had my eye on this one for a while and will probably hold off until third party lens makers can start making zoom lenses for the new Nikon mount.

How are things going with the Z6? I've had my eye on this one for a while and will probably hold off until third party lens makers can start making zoom lenses for the new Nikon mount.
So far so good, but I've only had it out twice.

Ergonomics and build are great.

It is pretty impressive up to ISO 6400, but I haven't really gone past it yet.

The f4 24-70 Z is tack sharp even at f4.

I'm reluctantly shooting a wedding tomorrow and it'll be my back up. I'll put it through more of a test while my assistant is shooting the boring stuff.

D5 isn't going anywhere yet but I could see me ending up with the Z6 and my DF as my only digital cameras.

Picked up this Sigma recently. So far I like it. It’s not the best at anything but for what I want out of it it’s very good for me.

03d3bba8325e0f1adf66ada6c9efc3c6.jpg

b51cd296691f30a9705708663b9d2501.jpg

3488d3c4e2f239dda2e47f14b1363c35.jpg

caf08baaef54c681307d940daae829ce.jpg

49b5ab873753d08df7c256a577ae9af5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up this Sigma recently. So far I like it. It’s not the best at anything but for what I want out of it it’s very good for me.

Solid lens, especially outdoors.

People that complain about superzooms don't understand their purpose. Jack of all trades, master of none.

I keep one for times when I can only carry one body and one lens or when I would have to change lenses in dirty or dusty conditions.

Solid lens, especially outdoors.

People that complain about superzooms don't understand their purpose. Jack of all trades, master of none.

I keep one for times when I can only carry one body and one lens or when I would have to change lenses in dirty or dusty conditions.

That is one of the big reasons why I got it. For me the more I have to change lenses the less likely I will put the camera to work. I’m thinking next is either a true macro lens or something like the sigma 150-600 either sport or contemporary.

Going whale watching on vacation in a few weeks so I’m looking forward to using the full range of this lens. Hope I don’t screw up the photos with my settings. If you have any tips for that situation o would appreciate it.

That is one of the big reasons why I got it. For me the more I have to change lenses the less likely I will put the camera to work. I’m thinking next is either a true macro lens or something like the sigma 150-600 either sport or contemporary.

Going whale watching on vacation in a few weeks so I’m looking forward to using the full range of this lens. Hope I don’t screw up the photos with my settings. If you have any tips for that situation o would appreciate it.
As long as your focus is good, the rest can be fixed in post.

There's a time and place for every setting. On something like a whale watch my camera would be in Program mode so I had more time to nail the composition and most of all, enjoy the whale watch.

Definitely shoot in one of the almost full auto modes. I like to shoot in manual as much as the next guy, but if I have to nail the shot I’ll take some help.

Water scenes with bright skies and no flash are tough. It’s hard to get proper exposure on both the background and subject. I struggled with that for a long time. Just get the subject properly exposed and if the sky is washed out then so be it.

Take a few test shots when you get out on the water so you can adjust the exposure before you have a shot. I can’t count the number of times I either couldn’t save a shot or spent way too much time in post. Be prepared to adjust exposure to get it where you want. I start adjusting in full stops and then fine tune.

Okay photography experts.

I need a Vblog setup so I can start making videos for my business. I am leaning towards a Canon M50 camera since it does 4K and the adapter lets me use my other canon lenses with it.

I am also going to get a green screen setup so it doesn’t look like I’m sitting in my basement.

I’m looking to keep the whole setup under $2k for the camera, green screen, lighting, mic and anything else I may need. I have the most powerful MacBook Pro made in 2018 (I9 six core processor, 32 gig, 2tb HD) so I don’t need to budget for that.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Also if there is a better camera to look at let me know.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just a beautiful morning here on vacation

C435412A-579A-4BE5-A12A-F614B074E7E4.jpeg

Harry Potter is always fun as well

5FBE1C98-AEC5-4BA4-A6C7-EC9385784C8F.jpeg

Taken with my IPhone 11

Decided to add a Micro 4/3 rig to the arsenal...I wanted something for hiking at altitude w/tripod, supplies, etc. I grabbed an Olympus O-MD E-5 Mark III and I really dig it. First mirrorless and first micro 4/3 for me. Building up the glass collection at the moment. All in all I think it will be pretty awesome for the purpose stated as well as street photography.

Garwin Low.jpg
This is Garwin Falls in Wilton NH. Shot using a Nikon D810 16-35mm F/4 F11 1 sec 16mm

I am trying to start a side business shooting headshots but I still love landscape work. I would appreciate a follow on Instagram.

chile, you "dabble" very well. Great pic.

Back