Car Detailing Thread

I’m a big fan of Ethos products. Their ceramic wax and Defy spray sealant are amazing!

Attachments

• AEED47B5-5137-4E59-89CC-D418F759A243.jpeg
    AEED47B5-5137-4E59-89CC-D418F759A243.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 05528929-547F-43A9-93DB-CBD9A44236E3.jpeg
    05528929-547F-43A9-93DB-CBD9A44236E3.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 77B417A8-D31F-4877-A392-499C76DF3A2B.jpeg
    77B417A8-D31F-4877-A392-499C76DF3A2B.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 17
Just did GG’s car in the garage with the Adam’s graphene after it was washed. We will test the longevity, but if I get 3+ months it’s a win with how easy it goes on and off. I have a feeling I get 6+

F19CE94D-0036-4DF5-A9F7-D03C87A230D5.jpeg

Just did GG’s car in the garage with the Adam’s graphene after it was washed. We will test the longevity, but if I get 3+ months it’s a win with how easy it goes on and off. I have a feeling I get 6+

View attachment 8999966

Adam's is my go to as well. Let me know how their Graphene works for you. I just got their graphene for tires, but haven't got their polish yet. We have some stuff here at work that we use (not Adam's), but I've been using Adam's products on my car's for years because of how easy it is to use and how well it works.

Adam's is my go to as well. Let me know how their Graphene works for you. I just got their graphene for tires, but haven't got their polish yet. We have some stuff here at work that we use (not Adam's), but I've been using Adam's products on my car's for years because of how easy it is to use and how well it works.
I used the graphene for Tires as well. I have a lot of different sealants that I like, but this is so effortless, that if it gives me half of what it says it will, its a home run.

The car is looking great!!

my adams order was attempted delivery while I was playing today. Should be here tomorrow. I did go with the standard graphene ceramic coating instead of the spray, and I know I have a lot of work on the wife’s highlander to knock out some swirl marks and small scratches.

I used to detail the heck out of my cars. Even into my mid-30's or so. I had planned to get back to it with my new-to-me Jeep Grand Cherokee when I bought it in 2017. Never happened. Now, bowing to reality, I have made an appointment with a highly-rated detailer nearby. It's gonna cost me $400 for exterior, interior, and engine compartment, but that's less than a car payment.

Going forward I'm going to get it detailed there every spring, after all the salt's gone.

Just picked up a new dark gray / gunmetal Pilot with a black package. I live in Iowa and winters are harsh. But, unlike Wisconsin, they don't use as much salt down here as they do up there.

What are thoughts on an initial ceramic coating done by a professional? I'm disciplined enough to keep it maintained, but think a professional "base" treatment would be prudent. I see coatings with multi-year warranties. Are those just marketing hype?

The car is looking great!!

my adams order was attempted delivery while I was playing today. Should be here tomorrow. I did go with the standard graphene ceramic coating instead of the spray, and I know I have a lot of work on the wife’s highlander to knock out some swirl marks and small scratches.
Looking forward to hearing how it works. Her car is done, mine arrives Monday and will do it then.

Just got some of the 303 Graphene on the S4. Car looks much shinier with it on, or it's just a placebo effect :LOL:

Looking forward to see how it works out.

Just got some of the 303 Graphene on the S4. Car looks much shinier with it on, or it's just a placebo effect :LOL:

Looking forward to see how it works out.
I’ll be curious on your feedback. It’s a good bargain if it holds up as well as some others

All my Adam’s polishes order was just delivered. Going to be a few days at least before I can get the wife’s car washed and prepped to test out everything. Excited about using some new products and reviving the looks of her car, and getting mine sealed.

So both cars have been done now with the Adam’s Graphene and I like what I am seeing. Still want to work with the Griots Garage Ceramic Speed shine though.

This weekend I will break in my new leather brush and do the seats.

Have to do the yard today and then will be doing the interior of both cars. They are both fairly clean so not much needs to be done, but figure while I am there, will do a light wash since it is so nice outside and blow it dry. Then Graphene Quick Detail on each. Followed by touch up on wheels and tires. Then onto the inside for some light cleaning and we will be good to go.

Interior came out good.
8C3DEE65-FF66-42DC-9DE7-5CF64B084E9D.jpeg

A couple of weeks ago, had a neighbor who loves cars do a ceramic coating on my Honda Pilot. This past weekend, we took a 700-mile round trip hitting a lot of bugs on the way home. My prior cars, I'd run through the wash and still have to scrape off the grill, windows and body.

I ran it through the wash last night, and there was not a single remnant of a bug on the car. Not one.

My neighbor told me something interesting about automatic washes: He said with ceramic coatings, you can use automated washes as long as you use the "touch" version, not touch-free. He said the pre-soak used in touch-frees is harsh, and if they have a standard concrete floor (no grates underneath), the water pressure can "whip up" dirt and stones from previous cars. I'd always heard touchless was the way to go...

My neighbor told me something interesting about automatic washes: He said with ceramic coatings, you can use automated washes as long as you use the "touch" version, not touch-free. He said the pre-soak used in touch-frees is harsh, and if they have a standard concrete floor (no grates underneath), the water pressure can "whip up" dirt and stones from previous cars. I'd always heard touchless was the way to go...

Ceramic coating or not, if you want scratches and swirls in your paintwork, automatic car washes are the places to go.

Just did a ceramic coat on the Challenger last weekend using Chemical Guys Hydro Charge spray. So easy to use and looks great.

The paint is so white, I gotta wear :cool:
20210405_130211.jpg

Last edited:
Drove my car in the rain today and was blown away by the beading and sheeting off properties of the Adam’s Graphene Spray. By the time I pulled the car in the garage, it was virtually dry.

Drove my car in the rain today and was blown away by the beading and sheeting off properties of the Adam’s Graphene Spray. By the time I pulled the car in the garage, it was virtually dry.

The other advantage is how easy it is to dry your car after washes. I literally just use a leaf blower now.

The other advantage is how easy it is to dry your car after washes. I literally just use a leaf blower now.
I use a Master Blaster, but definitely same idea. So easy.

I’ll be curious on your feedback. It’s a good bargain if it holds up as well as some others
First wash after having put the 303 Graphene on the Audi and I have to say, I am impressed. Not sure how many washes this will last, but the beading was pretty amazing and it just rolls right off.

4D434A2A-8DD8-4F78-9FB7-D2D47EC56A2B.jpeg

Oh,and I just have to say, I love foam

397F47FF-7A88-4910-9A07-E62C37E9AE3C.jpeg

Both cars done and detailed this morning. After next wash, the wife's Highlander will be getting the 303 Graphene treatment.

A0F2A844-C27F-48BF-BD02-965E569438C4.jpeg

First wash after having put the 303 Graphene on the Audi and I have to say, I am impressed. Not sure how many washes this will last, but the beading was pretty amazing and it just rolls right off.

View attachment 9002469

Oh,and I just have to say, I love foam

View attachment 9002470

Both cars done and detailed this morning. After next wash, the wife's Highlander will be getting the 303 Graphene treatment.

View attachment 9002474
Nothing better than a snow canon. I will have mine out this week too haha

New interior brushes arrived.

5B7875DC-987A-4A8B-8C24-4CF157816366.jpeg

Back