To start, go basics.
Wash well.
Clay bar or mitt with lubrication
Sealant or wax

To start, go basics.
Wash well.
Clay bar or mitt with lubrication
Sealant or wax
Oh yeah...rule #1 heavy pressure means marring paint. Clean surface and use products that are easy to work with

what's a clay bar?
Removes any remaining dirt and other stuff do you can be sure the surface is perfectly clean before waxing or sealing.

Claying a car can be a time consuming process. I wasn’t aware those synthetic clay pads existed, but I think I’ll give one go. Looks a good weapon to add to the arsenal.

I clay bared, sealed and waxed my old Hyundai last night. What would be a good tire dressing. Not looking for anything too wet looking. Just dark and medium shine.I hit each tire with Armour All but want something more than that
This project always takes less time than I think it will and the benefit is big. Car looks great

Last edited:
Definitely going with a clay mitt. I love doing this. It’s a little bit of work for a lot of satisfaction.

Going to do my car today and GG’s car next week. Hers already has a full detail on it so it will be quick.

Today my car will get the full job.
Rinse and then iron remover
Then soap with canon to clay mitt
Then full wash including brushes for door jams
Then seal with the same Graphene Sealant we put on hers.

Going to do my car today and GG’s car next week. Hers already has a full detail on it so it will be quick.

Today my car will get the full job.
Rinse and then iron remover
Then soap with canon to clay mitt
Then full wash including brushes for door jams
Then seal with the same Graphene Sealant we put on hers.
How long does the full detail take?

How long does the full detail take?
Since I’m not doing inside just a couple of hours. Maybe up to 3. Only do the full one a few times a year and then it’s just maintenance.

Scratch remover recommendations?

Scratch remover recommendations?

Depends on the scratch. Something deep, where paint is necessary, go with Dr. Colorchip. Works rather well.
Light swirls, you will want a light compound and buff. This rounds the edges of the clear coat scratch/swirls and limits light reflection.

If you are looking for more of a filler, try a glaze and then top with a sealant or wax. It will hide them really well.

Depends on the scratch. Something deep, where paint is necessary, go with Dr. Colorchip. Works rather well.
Light swirls, you will want a light compound and buff. This rounds the edges of the clear coat scratch/swirls and limits light reflection.

If you are looking for more of a filler, try a glaze and then top with a sealant or wax. It will hide them really well.

Thanks for the color chip recommendation. My wife has a few rock chips up front that drive me insane since it’s a white car.

Going to double check her paint code this AM and order some

Here are a couple of videos for those who want to take a deeper dive into ceramic coatings vs. ceramic coatings with graphene added. The short version, graphene is the last buzzword in detailing coatings but it's marketing hype and doesn't improve a ceramic coating.

The good news, ceramic coatings(with silicon dioxide) are a huge step forward over traditional waxes and sealants and in the real world ceramic coatings can last over a year and if you take good care of your vehicle, they can last 2-5 years depending on you climate and how many miles you drive.

For an even deeper dive. For a history on graphene skip to about 22 minutes into the video.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JB

The amazing downplaying of Graphene by those that haven’t gotten there yet in the automotive detailing business is out in full force. It not only is the future, the same people that are saying this about Graphene are the ones that said it about Ceramic years ago.

i strongly urge people, just like golf to research who is making it and what the future looks like. In multiple industries.

car is now done.
started with iron remover and wheels.

3DF4C4A3-A5B4-402C-9538-C6DA7AD02B4F.jpeg

Then foam canon for lubrication for clay bar. For those looking for a good shampoo, this is not it. In fact I was pretty disappointed in it.

819A26A1-8177-4BE7-8ED0-42F095B0818B.jpeg
791E2E21-46CB-4B56-857E-276C84E0C593.gif

Then Graphene coating. Here is a look at how good it is on windows

A0EAA3EB-AC0B-4F7F-AE10-AB69CCC754D7.gif

car is now done.
started with iron remover and wheels.

View attachment 9005176

Then foam canon for lubrication for clay bar. For those looking for a good shampoo, this is not it. In fact I was pretty disappointed in it.

View attachment 9005177
View attachment 9005179

Then Graphene coating. Here is a look at how good it is on windows

View attachment 9005178

The issue isn’t the foam. It’s your equipment. You aren’t gonna get decent foam using one of those things attached to a hose. A proper lance attached to a pressure washer is required to generate thick snow foam that will actually agitate the dirt.

Any advice (other than not allowing the dogs in the car) for maintaining leather seats that get frequent use and frequently drooled on?

The issue isn’t the foam. It’s your equipment. You aren’t gonna get decent foam using one of those things attached to a hose. A proper lance attached to a pressure washer is required to generate thick snow foam that will actually agitate the dirt.

Haha. I have a full pressure washer.
Was testing out the CG foam canon and compared to 4 other shampoos, this was weak.
Then again, I think most of the CG stuff is pretty weak other than their air fresheners.

Any advice (other than not allowing the dogs in the car) for maintaining leather seats that get frequent use and frequently drooled on?

Without going crazy, the Adams Liquid Cleaner and their conditioner are quite good. So is Griot's Garage.
Been using both with good success and when we got both of these cars, did a good scrub of each of their seats with a Boar's brush.

Was testing out the CG foam canon and compared to 4 other shampoos, this was weak.
Then again, I think most of the CG stuff is pretty weak other than their air fresheners.

Jetseal was possibly one of my favourite products of all time. I was also a big fan of their EZ creme glaze. Don’t use any of their gear right now though.

That Watermelon snow foam is indeed weak. I got some and was not impressed. Citrus Wash and Gloss however - that stuff is fantastic. It might be my current favorite, and it's way better than snow foam out of a gun too. It's so slippery I have used the suds to clay in a pinch.

Reactions: JB
Ive usually been on top of my cars with basic wash, clay, polish and wax but gotten a little away this last year.

Im going to jump into a polisher with the Port Cable one and start there. My question is on the pads I need to use for each process after clay?

This was going to be my process, please advise if I need to change.

Griot One step
Jescar Power Lock
Colinite 845

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Back