Car Detailing Thread

Sweet! And now I know what all your current favorite picks for various detail products are - there are some great choices in there.

I've been pondering graphene... I'm ready to jump except that apparently the Adams smells like chemicals and stains towel black. Watched a review or two on Turtle Wax Pro Graphene flex wax and apparently it smells much better and is white for easier towel cleanup. I might be leaning Turtle Wax Flex for a tinker at this point.

Chemical guys Butter Wet wax is currently on the pickup on top of a layer of Wolfgang DGPS. Been so busy truck has not been touched for three weeks, lives outside on gravel roads and such. Looking forward to getting cleaned up and trying a new top-coat spray, maybe even this weekend. That is, if golf doesn't take priority on my free time :cool:

Sweet! And now I know what all your current favorite picks for various detail products are - there are some great choices in there.

I've been pondering graphene... I'm ready to jump except that apparently the Adams smells like chemicals and stains towel black. Watched a review or two on Turtle Wax Pro Graphene flex wax and apparently it smells much better and is white for easier towel cleanup. I might be leaning Turtle Wax Flex for a tinker at this point.

Chemical guys Butter Wet wax is currently on the pickup on top of a layer of Wolfgang DGPS. Been so busy truck has not been touched for three weeks, lives outside on gravel roads and such. Looking forward to getting cleaned up and trying a new top-coat spray, maybe even this weekend. That is, if golf doesn't take priority on my free time :cool:

I still have 3 more shelves to go.
FWIW, I have not had a single staining issue from Adams and used it multiple times. Perhaps I am lucky. I use towels from The Rag Company, that I really like.

Now that Turtle Wax doesn't manufacture their products, they have come around to have some quality stuff out there.

Wow! so those are the cool rims vs the "old man" rims on your car GG mentioned? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

A6 rims?

No it is a Q series.
Mine are the happy meal version compared to her large fry haha

I speak only in facts.

If my wife supplied hot chicken and banana pudding there is no telling how clean her ride would be. :unsure: I mean, I usually keep hers nicer than mine as it is. (y)

explain sealing the rims to be @JB new to the detail space.

explain sealing the rims to be @JB new to the detail space.

Same way you would the car's paint. Using a protectant on there creates a nice shine, but more importantly makes it harder for brake dust and dirt to stick.

Same way you would the car's paint. Using a protectant on there creates a nice shine, but more importantly makes it harder for brake dust and dirt to stick.

wish i did this years ago - not a fancy car but the 19" rims on Mazda get disgusting. whats the best product? Adams Wheel Ceramic?

wish i did this years ago - not a fancy car but the 19" rims on Mazda get disgusting. whats the best product? Adams Wheel Ceramic?

Doesnt have to be fancy haha. Cars are freaking expensive, lets care for them, right?

I dont use specialty wheel sealant. Whatever is going on my paint, is going on my wheels, unless it is a wax, rather than a sealant (synthentic vs natural). Currently that means Adams Graphene Ceramic Spray. Lasts a long time and works really well on wheels.

I have a set of WeatherTech Floor Liners and after 4 years, the driver side is showing some wear.
Anything I can use them to bring back the sheen without making them super slippery?

I have a set of WeatherTech Floor Liners and after 4 years, the driver side is showing some wear.
Anything I can use them to bring back the sheen without making them super slippery?

You are living in my head haha.
Pro Tip as I use them as well. Treat them as the interior of the car. I remove mine, hit them with some interior cleaner, rinse them off and put them back.

Pro Tip as I use them as well. Treat them as the interior of the car. I remove mine, hit them with some interior cleaner, rinse them off and put them back.
Not going to lie, saw your photo and it spurred me to ask the question.
I'll like to get the luster back with making them so slick that I slip when I'm trying to get in and out (I'm old and I need to push off)
Wonder if I could use some of that Black Plastic treatment that you can use on the Matte Black areas on the outside of the car?

Not going to lie, saw your photo and it spurred me to ask the question.
I'll like to get the luster back with making them so slick that I slip when I'm trying to get in and out (I'm old and I need to push off)
Wonder if I could use some of that Black Plastic treatment that you can use on the Matte Black areas on the outside of the car?

I dont use any of that stuff, but then again, I wash them every other week when I do my car. So they stay really clean and dark black.

so just got a new car and looking into weather tech mats for every part of the car and for the price they are they seem to unparalleled in quality and craftsmanship. Question is which model to order.

Also what are people using to clean leather seats?

so just got a new car and looking into weather tech mats for every part of the car and for the price they are they seem to unparalleled in quality and craftsmanship. Question is which model to order.

Also what are people using to clean leather seats?
If the Liners are in your budget, Get the Liners over the Mats.
Little more upfront however 2 years from now and a coupled spilled drinks on the floor later, you'll thank yourself for get them.
I've got one in my trunk in my Impala and it just makes the clean up after the golf season so much easier. No Grass Blades in the carpeting.

If the Liners are in your budget, Get the Liners over the Mats.
Little more upfront however 2 years from now and a coupled spilled drinks on the floor later, you'll thank yourself for get them.
I've got one in my trunk in my Impala and it just makes the clean up after the golf season so much easier. No Grass Blades in the carpeting.

With lobo going through shedding i'm definitely going to pony up the money for the liners. Is the HP better than the other? Any experience with the seat covers?

Quick search on WT and I found exactly what I was looking for:

With lobo going through shedding i'm definitely going to pony up the money for the liners. Is the HP better than the other? Any experience with the seat covers?
Speaking only my opinion, the HP's would be better in the Snow states where you can really drag in some junk into your car.
In San Diego, don't think you'd need them.
I had a set just like the HP's in my 2015 Jeep Cherokee (Chrysler Product) as part of a "Cold Weather Package"

Speaking only my opinion, the HP's would be better in the Snow states where you can really drag in some junk into your car.
In San Diego, don't think you'd need them.
I had a set just like the HP's in my 2015 Jeep Cherokee (Chrysler Product) as part of a "Cold Weather Package"

I actually just bought a 2020 Jeep Cherokee and want to get ahead of the protection and clean because Lobo is nuts and will destroy the car if I dont.

Finished a 2009 Ford F-150 today. Owner said it’s been waxed 2x since 2009. Griots compound, CG polish and finished off with Griots Best of Show wax. Stuff was so easy to apply and take off. The red really glows. 02A3DD7C-BB9F-4CDF-BB04-056261DB33D8.jpegABAD48D7-B30C-4306-93E5-3D6105A44052.jpeg6AD336B3-1745-46EA-9C43-05747B1F7D18.jpeg

Just finished this ‘87 Chevy today before going to the range. Came out amazing. Finishing wax is griots best if show. Did if for a regular customer. He’s out of town so sent him a walk around video. Loved it. Also the sound of this truck is just sick!5E57C866-30FD-417F-98AE-A679FC8C541D.jpeg1F2EBAA0-99B6-41B5-9153-67D3D8709DC6.jpegDB086DA9-EACA-4D8F-9E4A-E97BA2B2FEBB.jpeg505D246A-5163-4AC5-B072-89AB5F874A67.jpeg

Back