LEGOs Appreciation Thread

I've got the ship bug. I've got 13 or 14 Star Wars LEGO sets strewn about the house.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Nice! I've got about that many and am dabbling into the Harry Potter sets now.

Nice! I've got about that many and am dabbling into the Harry Potter sets now.
The wife just got the Hogwarts model. Not the big collectors set but the 800+ piece one

The wife just got the Hogwarts model. Not the big collectors set but the 800+ piece one

Nice. I got the 6000+ piece one. It's amazing.

Nice. I got the 6000+ piece one. It's amazing.
the LCS Falcon is my pipedrean

Love finding new threads..
Kids are just now finally starting to get into Legos. Each of them got a few sets from the big red elf. I'm hoping they are as obsessed with them as I was as a kid.

Oh yeah, that one is incredible.
It was on the "To be purchased" list but it was either that or a new Bag/putter/wedges so I went with the golf stuff.

Stoked to stumble upon this thread. The kids and I are huge LEGO fans, and my oldest (7) is building full sets by herself, and is now beginning the Harry Potter set builds. I even have two sets in my office!

afbb97dd1c5336b9ba5e9d415feab394.jpg

c2d2ebff6585ce100503702bb0f6b11b.jpg

Thinking about starting a LEGO Club for my son's school next year. I think it'd make a good STEM exercise, especially if I can transition it into the LEGO Robotics League (funding pending). Now I just wonder how much it'll cost to get it up and running. They say to count on at least 100 bricks per child. Got to figure out how many pounds that equals for about 10-15 kids.

So I'm a grandpa. When I was young, LEGO blocks were pretty basic. Still lots of fun. My two daughters were into other things. But my grandchildren all love them. Imagine my surprise having grown up with the basic LEGO building blocks to now go to Walmart and find, not just LEGOs, but the LEGO aisle, full of all kinds of sets with different themes and sizes...and that's just the beginning! Walk around the store and you find more LEGO stuff in end caps and islands spread throughout the store. To put a new twist on an old saying. These are not grandpa's LEGOs.

Back