LEGOs Appreciation Thread

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Lately I got out all my old Legos and have been constructing some with my kids, it's been so much fun to relive all the memories, and now if they get a new set I love putting it together with them?

You???

I appreciate them, because they mean I get at least an hour of calm at my house. Kids love those things and I'm always amazed at how they can make things just using those little brains.

Buzz for us is getting a Lego table with storage underneath for the girls. They've been watching too much TV lately and this is something to get their brains going and lets them have fun.

My bare feet do not appreciate them one bit.

Loved LEGO's growing up. Bummed that my folks sold all of it, plus all of my Star Wars stuff, when I went off to college.

I collected Legos in the past and still do from time to time. They've gotten more expensive tho as I really just stick to the star wars stuff now. If I remember I'll post up some pics tonight.

On a day where I'm just being bombarded with bad news and negativity, this just made my day.

Heck yea! Go Legos! I used to have the words most epic cargo plane for my little lego guys to do awesome military missions from, and I built it from scratch. It looked like a box with a couple of fins for wings, but I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever built.

~Rock

"In February 2015, Lego replaced Ferrari as the "World's most powerful brand."
#legofacts

Love my legos! I am 27 and I still will pull them out and build every once in a while, helps now that my niece is 4 and she loves them too. Cant tell you how many times she has come over and asked for uncle Matt to play legos with her. And I can never tell her no.

Have any of you seen the new stuff? There is Lego set that you can build a functioning crane. I want one... Bad.

Loved Lego as a kid. I have given my son all mine, he is 12 and still plays with it, and has heaps. Its frustrating trying to find that little bit you need in a massive pile haha, but so good when you finally do find it, normally while looking for another bit.

DUDE, Legos freaking rock!! Coincidentally enough, we just stayed overnight at Legoland with the boys earlier this week. The place isn't the cheapest but it was amazing. The hotel is totally cool. Rides, waterpark, and the lego mini displays are just incredible...I'll try get some pics up. You guys HAVE to see the new Star Wars exhibit. It's absolutely amazing. I honestly probably liked it more than my boys did, lol.

Have any of you seen the new stuff? There is Lego set that you can build a functioning crane. I want one... Bad.
Heck yeah, there is a ton of sweet stuff, and big sets at that, the Walmart clearance isle has become our best friend for amazing deals on sets!

When my boys were growing up, my wife had a room in the basement that she called "Lego Hell". There were thousands of Legos in there. The boys got together a few years ago and sold them all for quite a bit of cash.

love Legos and the benefit they have for helping kids with imagination...my nephew and some friends kids love Legos..one of my friends kids use them to make still motion videos(i think thats what the call them).

love Legos and the benefit they have for helping kids with imagination...my nephew and some friends kids love Legos..one of my friends kids use them to make still motion videos(i think thats what the call them).

Yes! That's the youtube link i just posted - it's a still-motion Lego movie of jurassic park

I hate the push of the "build this thing with specific parts that you can't use for anything else" kits lately. My nephew has a ton of these, he just builds whatever it is and puts it on a shelf. Half of the pieces could never be used unless you were building exactly what you're supposed to build. If I gave him the tub of random legos my brother and I had growing up I doubt he'd be able to come up with anything. I even looked a few years ago, there was nowhere on the lego site to buy buckets of random bulk pieces. Hell, we used to build box cars that we could stand on just to ram into each other to see which one busted up.

I don't know if the lego stores have them now, but they should just have bins of random pieces. No specific shapes, sizes, colors or anything and sell it by the pound. Only problem I see is you'd never get any of the single pieces...

Greg, I see what you're saying with lots of the theme specific kits - however, the larger Lego brand stores (including the ones at Legoland) have parts bins where you can get bulk quantities of all the basic shapes/etc. They even sell kits that aren't anything but a whole bunch of blocks/plates. In fact, the box says "Ages 4-99". I guess if you're 100, you're SOL.

I forgot to mention, the boys have this train table type thing for their wooden Thomas train sets. We just recently bought several 15" Lego base plates for it and glued them on to the table. Now it's a nice Lego table.

We've seen some bulk kits lately when looking in stores, my daughter calls it free building!

My son loves Legos, they really are his favorite toy. He has all those put this together this way sets and leaves them in one piece for about 2 weeks then he does his own thing with them. He's so good that he recently broke his arm and only has the use of one right now and has been putting them together one handed.

My daughter loves Legos! The last few years, I have traveled, on business, to Denmark a number of times, so was able to pick-up some of the packages that girls gravitate towards, before they were released in the US. Paid way too much, but was worth every penny watching her go through the build, in sometimes painstaking detail.

Oh, and I did indeed enjoy Legos as a kid. Many, many hours spent building things that probably weren't really "things" except in my imagination.

I may be grown up, but I'm still a kid at heart when it comes to Legos. The wife and I have both always been into them and have actually gone as far as using builds as decor around our house.

Here is a pic I snapped real quick of our dinner table with the London bridge on it. I'll try and get a few more photos of the other layouts when I get some time.

c24c3b3ab5de9f0dc79ed39bd6aa438c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool thread . Took my son to Lego land for his birthday and had a blast . We were both deemed master builders and we both love the Lego video games as well. Frustrating to play for old dad but than I just sit back and let my 4 year old figure the games out. Never knew anything about Legos until I turned 40 .

at the Lego land we made a parrot or some type of bird and were given a master builder pin. Made his day and mine too

Got mine up in the attic. Love my legos

Back