Don Julio is the one I usually go for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been a drinker in many years, and my memories of tequila from back then were awful. Yes, I have a tequila story as well, and it involves the disappearance of many hours of my life, a swollen hand, and a magic Volkswagen Beetle.

I have a group of friends who call themselves "The Tequila Snobs." They are forever in search of the best tequilas, even traveling to Mexico twice a year. They'll sometimes spend ridiculous amounts of money in this pursuit. One thing I've learned from them, though, is that tequila is not the evil Swill of Satan that I once thought it was ... well, GOOD tequila isn't anyway. Some light sampling over the last few years with them has me concluding that, if I were a drinker again, I'd probably gravitate towards Herradura products. I haven't tasted anything bad from them, and their Ultra is fantastic.

A real surprise to me was Espolón. As inexpensive tequilas go, the best I've tasted.

Jose Cuervo Especial Gold is my go to, never ventured out and tried others, usually just make a margarita with the pre made mix you get at the store. A summer time favorite for me.

Back