It's a nice cool high 60's here in Oregon, partly cloudy with a slight breeze. Quite nice

And...a quick 2 hour solo round.

The heat does have an upside.

One twosome let me through after three holes---absolutely no one in front after.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just checked the weather app, it's 95*, but feels like 102*. NOPE, no thank you!

Summer has arrived to the Midwest
86d06d7065bc4c50624a965ef4c9c605.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know in the movie they decide to make a pool day of it (oh, Wendy Peffercorn...) but the pool at this point is almost bathwater warm.

I love the bath water warm pool haha. So lovely.

I love the bath water warm pool haha. So lovely.

The best is when you can just walk in and don’t know if the water is less temperature then outside. Lol

The best is when you can just walk in and don’t know if the water is less temperature then outside. Lol

You got that right. It’s a nice little glide in and no worries about that unpleasant shock of being too chilly.

I do......MUCH rather have that than 10 degrees and snow ANY DAY OF THE WEEK
I think most people would take 99° over 10°. That's a pretty extreme jump to compare.

For sake of the temperature debate, let's say 70° is the "perfect" temperature. I'd take the lower temperature as long as it's equidistant from 70 any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

60 > 80
50 > 90
40 > 100
30 > 110
20 > 120

...and so on and so forth.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Summer humidity here in NC kicks my ever lovin' swampy butt.

But NY (Hudson valley) humidity was miserable for me too, I simply cannot tolerate heat and humidity well. Still, I'll take the worst of it over what winter may offer. The furnace at least still offers the opportunity for golf, frigid cold and snow not so much.

Today was a 102° index, I think it was. I tee'd off in the worst of it and survived with a smile on my face all the while.

I was stationed at Camp Lejeune NC, that was not fun in the summer with humidity.
Thanks for your service!

It crushes my soul.

Seriously, I am so envious of the people who I'll meet on the course who are apparently so tolerant of the conditions.

I've wished to be that guy forever it seems but personal history dictates, I'll always struggle terribly.

Back to military service for a moment. As a NYC police officer, summers were very tough for me in that bulletproof vest and polyester sauna of a uniform. But it's nowhere near the gear and conditions that our nation's warriors have faced and throughout the years I've often acknowledged their perseverance along with my great respect for their service.

I mean, considering the jungles of Vietnam, the deserts of Afghanistan... I literally shudder at the thought.

God bless you and all, home and abroad.

I just walked out of the grocery store and my glasses fogged up from humidity. It's a bit steamy here today.

I just walked out of the grocery store and my glasses fogged up from humidity. It's a bit steamy here today.

Yes sir. I'm playing tomorrow morning but taking a cart. Too damn humid to walk!

82° here today (yes, I get it. It's not 92°+, but it's hot for where I live!) Getting to the point where I want to hit balls inside.

Took a picture of an old thermometer that is on wall of office, stays in the shade all day. But pretty sure it’s picking up heat from the wall
e5c3312b657d61308bdd67c88e392779.jpg

8f65ea7b98c398fc6dc081a41bc92b11.jpg

8bc4d54dbd7182c149dd299eb035195d.jpg

Yes sir. I'm playing tomorrow morning but taking a cart. Too damn humid to walk!

I think the next time I'll get a chance to play is in the Bakker Pro Am this week. I'm really hoping it is just a bit cooler.

This week in Columbia, SC will be 99-102 actual temp and 105-110 heat index. We tee off at 7am and try to avoid the awful heat. water water water

I was stationed at Camp Lejeune NC, that was not fun in the summer with humidity.

At least you got to enjoy the great city of Jacksonville, NC. I hated Camp Lejeune, I was more of a Hollywood Marine :).

I remember the local rock station in The ‘Ville use to use as their tag line “Home of the Few, The Proud, The Animals.”
We used to love that. This was early to mid eighties. Semper Fi.

JM

At least you got to enjoy the great city of Jacksonville, NC. I hated Camp Lejeune, I was more of a Hollywood Marine :).

I got to California, but was stationed in 29 Palms. Not much there but lots of snakes and scorpions.

I’ll just leave this here

d750fbeda9c3798d80de95253e864165.jpg

I think the next time I'll get a chance to play is in the Bakker Pro Am this week. I'm really hoping it is just a bit cooler.

It's supposed to be cooler next weekend. I did not play today due to shoulder/neck pain. I've had it all season and it doesn't hurt during my swing. It hurts all the way down to my finger tips including my ear at times and keeps getting worse. My chiropractor said my shoulder was out of it's socket and tried to fix it about a week ago. I'm going in to my doctor tomorrow...

Back