Which branch of the military is the best?

I offer my thanks and appreciation to ALL who served, no matter the military branch. Personally biased as our son has served almost 15 years with the U.S. Army. Will never understand someone who loves jumping out of perfectly good airplanes!!
My wife had an uncle that did not return from WWII. He was with the Army Air Corps, now the USAF. His plane went down in Germany 7 days before the Germans surrendered. We ended up with all the letters he wrote home while deployed. One letter told of the number of bullet holes in their plane... but it would still fly. During one mission a bullet came up through the floor and took off part of his foot. He was patched up in a field hospital and, after a few days, returned to flying.
My dad served with the U.S. Army during WWII. The terrain in the mountains of Austria was too difficult for trucks to pull artillery. Being a farm kid, he worked with the mules that were employed to drag weapons and supplies where the trucks couldn't go.
I enlisted in the USAF in 1966. Wife and I were just married and planned on a career in the Air Force. I have suffered from bad eyesight my entire life and, due to that vision handicap, no service would take me. Today, Lasik would have allowed me to serve.
We also need to thank the families of those serving. So many long deployments where wives and children lived a life so many cannot comprehend.
Again, we appreciate you all!!!!

I'm certainly partial to the branch I served in, the Army, for a couple of reasons. As an enlisted person I got training in electronics which enabled me to work in the high paying, high-tech semiconductor industry later on. That really had an impact on my lifestyle both before and now after retirement. Secondly, the Army gave me the opportunity to get my commission as an officer through OCS. That led to some really great jobs while in the service both before and while serving in Viet Nam.

As others have so eloquently said, all branches serve a differing purpose and the people who serve and have served in them are great and deserve our thanks and respect!

Go Army! Beat Navy!

DneWR0WXsAAomye.jpg:large

I am an old Air Force brat, but I never served myself.
I truly appreciate any and all service men and women for their commitment to our country.
I cannot choose a better or worse branch of our military. They are all the best to me.

For those who are saying they're all the best, I'm wondering... did you read the OP?

As someone that hasn't served, I thank every single branch and every single person that has served. So for those that have protected my right to be a total dumba**, thank you!!

Most service members that I have known (family and friends) have been Marines. I know some of them have been to hell and back. Some were even left in hell. Figuratively of course because we all know there are no Marines left behind.

Same/same with all branches. Again, thank you all.

Speaking of Marines, my new t-shirt arrived today.
17ce64cd477cf0911b706bf3f46d5d7b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Army... Hands Down.

1st Bn 32nd Infantry. Chosin!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad was a Naval Korean War vet and my father-in-law was a Marine pilot for 3 tours in Vietnam and they both are very proud of their branches. My grandfathers, uncles, and great uncles all served so I’ve always carried a bit of guilt that I didn’t. If I could do it over again I’d likely go into the Air Force.

Speaking of Marines, my new t-shirt arrived today.
17ce64cd477cf0911b706bf3f46d5d7b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All day everyday. Mad Dog Mattis for the win. SEMPER FI!!!!

I served in the Marines, nephew in the Army, nephew in Marines , 6 uncles all army and my gramps Army. I've got some nice rides from the Navy, trained with guys in the Army and see some kickass Air Force men scattered about. So my pick is the Coast Guard.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Obviously it is the one that you served in (USMC!), however as I have aged I see some brilliance out of all the branches. I have a cousin currently in the Army and one in the Navy and another served in The Corps as well. My grandfather and father both served in The Army and just shook their heads when I made my decision.

I served in the Navy, and am proud I did!

I have met some awesome people, done awesome things, and traveled to incredible places!
Medically dropped from an elite program, which never sat well.

But I have visited over 20 different countries, met the queen of England and had lunch with her, survived a plane crash (belly landing on 1 landing gear... but crash sounds more exciting), been launched recovered off the deck of an aircraft carrier, and almost drowned while aboard and inside a ship.

Navy for me!
Honor and thanks to all who served, and are currently serving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I served in the Marines, nephew in the Army, nephew in Marines , 6 uncles all army and my gramps Army. I've got some nice rides from the Navy, trained with guys in the Army and see some kickass Air Force men scattered about. So my pick is the Coast Guard.

Coast Guard is only part of the military during times of war. There's no declared war right now. Try again. :clown:

My father served in the Air Force for over 29 years. I spent 6 years active U S Navy as a Corpsman/EMT who served alongside the Marines. Also 4 years active duty Air Force and 16 years Air Force Reserves; 26 total years. I have a brother who served Air force and one who passed while on Active duty Army who serve 20+ years. During my service i served with all branches and have been working for the DOD for 12 years now. They are all good, jobs are different and without one, they would all suffer. Bless them all when we have a day off, they don't. And thank you all for stepping up my brothers and Sisters- OOH RAH!

Easiest answer. Army.

Navy only cares about boats, Airforce about planes. Marines are probably the goat.

Go Army, Beat Navy!

Coast Guard is only part of the military during times of war. There's no declared war right now. Try again. :clown:
So what are you saying? My pick isn't good enough or something? Lol.

So what are you saying? My pick isn't good enough or something? Lol.

Just saying it's not an option right now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Easiest answer. Army.

Navy only cares about boats, Airforce about planes. Marines are probably the goat.

Go Army, Beat Navy!
Ya think? Last I checked the Navy had planes and the AF had boats, too. All I know is, the last war we officially won was won by an airplane. :clown:

Ya think? Last I checked the Navy had planes and the AF had boats, too. All I know is, the last war we officially won was won by an airplane. :clown:

As a Veteran of the Armed Forces I only know 1 thing. When it's time for the NUTT CUTTIN, THEY'RE ALL THE BEST!

They are all My Brothers.

I did not serve. Both my Father and Step-Father served in the Marine Corps. My father was a captain and fought in the Korean War. My Step-Father rose to Lt Colonel before he retired. I have lived in Philipines, Thailand, Northern and Southern California, Virginia, Washington and Oregon.

I would side with Marines from a pride perspective. They take pride in often being given the "short straw".

The Army has the most opportunity in terms if technical training and diversity of MOS available.

Navy has all the cool Yachts and Jets

Air Force has some cool top secret ****. (a family friend worked on the F117A project)

Back