Good luck OG!

Best of luck OG!

Why, why, why must you guys wish things like that upon me? :clown: Honestly, the chances of me breaking a leg in the 2nd half of today's events are slim to none. I'm not worried at all about this part. It's a formality.

I'll check back in this afternoon with an update.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Not to be overly pedantic, but "break a leg" has nothing to do with your physical well being. As a performer "break a leg" was popularized to signify doing so well on stage that the crowd would provide so much applause such that the performer had to return to stage to accept it. The curtains on the side of the stage are referred to as "legs" hence "break a leg" meant the curtains had to be opened (break) for the performer to get back on stage.

So, break a leg OG!

Not to be overly pedantic, but "break a leg" has nothing to do with your physical well being. As a performer "break a leg" was popularized to signify doing so well on stage that the crowd would provide so much applause such that the performer had to return to stage to accept it. The curtains on the side of the stage are referred to as "legs" hence "break a leg" meant the curtains had to be opened (break) for the performer to get back on stage.

So, break a leg OG!
Well, well. I figured you all knew me well enough to know the history lesson was unneeded. It's all good though.

Seems everything went swimmingly today.

Well, well. I figured you all knew me well enough to know the history lesson was unneeded. It's all good though.

Seems everything went swimmingly today.

Congrats, now break a leg with a compound open fracture. It sounds bad but its not.

Thoughts are with you my friend!

So, break a leg OG!

What he said!

GL Bro

So, today was my initial step for joining the Oklahoma City PD. Did their obstacle course and the LEAB testing. Seemed to go well. If so, I'll hear next week to schedule for my first board interview.

Hoping to get on with a police department somewhere and OKC is the logical choice. Everyone I met today seemed very professional, down to earth, and welcoming.

I miss the uniform I hung up in 2015 and hoping to get into the PD to get as close to that experience as I can.

If I get in, the academy will begin Sep 27th.

Congratulations, but didn't you post about getting arrested a couple of weeks ago?? doesn't that affect your status as a candidate?

It is a great calling and a thankless job, good luck on your road to the PD.

So, today was my initial step for joining the Oklahoma City PD. Did their obstacle course and the LEAB testing. Seemed to go well. If so, I'll hear next week to schedule for my first board interview.

Hoping to get on with a police department somewhere and OKC is the logical choice. Everyone I met today seemed very professional, down to earth, and welcoming.

I miss the uniform I hung up in 2015 and hoping to get into the PD to get as close to that experience as I can.

If I get in, the academy will begin Sep 27th.

Oh wow ... cool dude! Good luck. In this day & age to be a police officer, you're nuts! LOL. Way too many crazy things happening these days.

Oh wow ... cool dude! Good luck. In this day & age to be a police officer, you're nuts! LOL. Way too many crazy things happening these days.

Crazy is good. Pay is good. Benefits are good. Schedule is awesome (8 ten hour shifts on then 6 days off). The rest is just icing on the cake. After spending 20 years in uniform, to not wear it anymore is tough. If WWIII broke out tomorrow and they called me back, I'd be back in a heartbeat. Since that ain't happenin' (at least I hope not), I'm looking elsewhere for a uniform to take on. If I get in, I'll be 43 (cutoff is 45 for most departments) and I'll be retirement eligible at 63. Little later than where I'm at now, but it'll be worth it.

Crazy is good. Pay is good. Benefits are good. Schedule is awesome (8 ten hour shifts on then 6 days off). The rest is just icing on the cake. After spending 20 years in uniform, to not wear it anymore is tough. If WWIII broke out tomorrow and they called me back, I'd be back in a heartbeat. Since that ain't happenin' (at least I hope not), I'm looking elsewhere for a uniform to take on. If I get in, I'll be 43 (cutoff is 45 for most departments) and I'll be retirement eligible at 63. Little later than where I'm at now, but it'll be worth it.

6 days off ... now that is nice! You're golf game will be thankful for that. :)

6 days off ... now that is nice! You're golf game will be thankful for that. :)

Yeah, the 8 tens will get a little long, but I should still have some time for the range on my days I'm working and should be able to fit 2-3 rounds in each break. I'm sure the game will take a hit during the academy, but it shouldn't be too bad. Heck, if it's as long as I think it'll be, I'll be in class during most, if not all, of the winter.

Yeah, the 8 tens will get a little long, but I should still have some time for the range on my days I'm working and should be able to fit 2-3 rounds in each break. I'm sure the game will take a hit during the academy, but it shouldn't be too bad. Heck, if it's as long as I think it'll be, I'll be in class during most, if not all, of the winter.

How long is the academy? When do you become a full fledged officer?

How long is the academy? When do you become a full fledged officer?
I haven't looked that far into it yet. Just started the process. The hard part is the polygraph. I did it once with the TX DPS and it freaked me out. Heart was racing the whole time and I didn't stand a chance. Hoping for a better showing this time.

100% agree. 22 years for me and I miss it very much. I'm 50 but would go back in if I was given the opportunity. I miss the uniform, the work, the people, all of it. Good luck in your endeavors, I'm searching for work as well and it appears that age definitely is a discriminator - and that sucks...

Hope and pray all ends well

Hope this all goes well for you. Best of luck!!

You can do it! Good Luck!

Got the email yesterday. Pass everything last week. Just waiting for the first interview now. That should be next week.

Congrats and Goodluck. If I can offer you any advice It would be to stay off social media till you get hired and graduate from a academy and then tread lightly till your off probation.
Background investigators will find any and all posts.

I have seen more than a few people get derailed due to Social Media.

Goodluck and stay safe.

Congrats and Goodluck. If I can offer you any advice It would be to stay off social media till you get hired and graduate from a academy and then tread lightly till your off probation.
Background investigators will find any and all posts.

I have seen more than a few people get derailed due to Social Media.

Goodluck and stay safe.

I understand. I don't post anything that I don't believe 100%. If anything on my page gets me disqualified from working somewhere, then I probably don't wanna be a part of that organization anyway.

Good luck man. I have a nephew who just started and another in the academy. If you have a military background, Dept of Homeland is always hiring and federal prisons.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back