The Pet Peeve Thread

People not disposing of their K-cups after brewing in a community pot in a professional office environment. I am having to constantly throw away peoples K-cups. Pitch it once you brew it!

I don’t know why this bothers me but, when people use the microwave and don’t make sure the time is displayed again after they are done.

Music played everywhere!
I love natural sounds even if it's just the chatter of people.
Music is a distraction from life.

People that walk through my closed office door. Guess what.....it's my office, we have an open door policy, if the door is closed it's for a reason.

Can’t stand it when people eat super slow. I’m all for staying at the table and speaking for an hour afterward but its not my favorite when someone chews food for that whole hour.

Can’t stand it when people eat super slow. I’m all for staying at the table and speaking for an hour afterward but its not my favorite when someone chews food for that whole hour.
Noted 🤣🤣

Or, when some caller leaves you a voice mail and says their number so quickly that you can't understand it, even after several replays!

I'vw had that happen to me. I've listened to replays as many as six times. Nowadays, I will tolerate three re-listenings, but no more! If these people don't know how to work the "phone call game", I dont' wish to play!

Sorry, but I have no sympathy. You are simply living wrong. Savor the flavor! We used to do business with several Italian wineries whose wines we imported. Once, when some of them came over for a convention, one of them remarked "Wow! Americans big people!" We had taken them out, and he was commenting on all of the lard asses on display! Then, I got to spend 2 weeks in northern Italy. I can't remember seeing a single obese person over there! But, I do remember seeing my first Weight Watchers storefront in downtown Bologna! I also remember thinking why on earth do they need that here?!

My eating habits matched right up with the Italians. Eat slow, and make it last. They would say "mangia lento" referring to me. They noticed that I didn't eat like most American that they were accustomed to. Plus, since there was a perfectly matched wine with every meal, every bit of food had to accopanied by a sip of wine. I remember one time, a particularly fabulous bottle of wine was at our table, and I ran out with food still left on my plate. I remember another time where a particularly stunning wine was served, and my table ran out. I flagged down the waiter for another bottle, and waited until I had another glass before I took another bit of food!

This is the difference between eating and dining! Eating is about stuffing calories down your throat! Dining is about enjoyment!

Last edited:
Cold toilet seats.

I've sat on cold toilet seat at below zero temps! Yews, it is uncomfortable, for a while. It's kind of surprising just how fast your ass will adapt to it!

Back